27.10.2023 – DE Aschaffenburg Colos-Saal

Home Forums General 27.10.2023 – DE Aschaffenburg Colos-Saal

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    TomTomTurbulence
    Participant

Dank State
      Lady May
      Maypole
      Patterns

The Tower
      Cosmoctopus
      Mona Lisa / Azrael
      Sentinels
      Alchemyst
      Entropy
      Halleluwah>Hogwash
      Lacuna / Sunrise
      Year Zero

Rock Bottom

Approx 2:30

mirai no maboroshi
      Participant

I’ll just add that also this time (as in Milano) they had the old Funkadelic tease of “Free Your Mind And Your Ass Will Follow” inside Hogwash (and that on the setlist the song was reported simply as Hogwash, even though they started with the bassline from Halleluwah – but, contrary to Ciampino, I don’t think they sang any part of Halleluwah this time). I would have probably preferred another Funkadelic tease they used to play in the early 2000s inside Hogwash (Red Hot Mama), but I’m still happy to have catched something they didn’t play/tease for such a long time twice in this tour.

Francesco

Spacebandit
        Participant

Best setlist of the tour so far.
          All in what I like about the ViKINGS of sound.

Tomcat
          Participant

No fillers, just killers! Lady May and The Tower roadwork-worthy. Mona Liza heavier (+faster) than with Tomas but so intense! Hogwash 20+ minutes with long intro. Rock Bottom fitted the vibes: Well filled “Colos Saal” with a talkative but passionate audience of whom many were “mp live newbies” enjoying the show very much to the bands pleasant surprise. mp made new grounds in Aschaffenburg. I will go again if they come back :cheers:

fillmore
            Participant

Sounds excellent! Epic setlist indeed. Turn-out at Colos Saal as expected. Wish I could have attended. See you tonight and tomorrow!

jessi
              Participant

I love that band for last nights show. even though they gave me a big headache. ouch, simply too loud. nevertheless a night to remember. ❤️

Tomcat
                Participant

@Fillmore: Zürich or Tilburg’s Setlists are still more to my personal taste but would not have fitted in Aschaffenburg – what they did was great. And let’s see how they celebrate Dresden (+ Berlin) ❤️

fillmore
                  Participant

Review from F.A.Z.

MOTORPSYCHO AUF TOUR
                    Spiel der Assoziationen

Von Christian Riethmüller

orrest Gumps sprichwörtlich gewordener Vergleich des Lebens mit einer Schachtel Pralinen lässt sich immer auch auf die Konzerte der norwegischen Die norwegische Band Motorpsycho zeigt auch im Colos-Saal in Ascha!enburg
                    wie ungemein vielfältig und originell ihre Klangwelt ist.

Forrest Gumps sprichwörtlich gewordener Vergleich des Lebens mit einer Schachtel Pralinen lässt sich immer auch auf die Konzerte der norwegischen Die norwegische Band Motorpsycho zeigt auch im Colos-Saal in Ascha!enburg
                    wie ungemein vielfältig und originell ihre Klangwelt ist.

Gruppe Motorpsycho anwenden: Man weiß nie, was man bekommt. So facettenreich ist das Werk der seit 1989 bestehenden Formation aus Trondheim, die zu den originellsten Rockbands Europas gehört. Die hat aus Psychedelic- und Prog-Rock, Heavy Metal und Stoner, Country, Folk, Electronica und Jazz eine ganz eigene Klangwelt gescha!en, die auf die reiche Geschichte der Rockmusik und ihre vielen Spielarten und Subgenres zugreift, aber nicht fortwährend zitiert oder vertraute Muster variiert, sondern gekonnt Assoziationen weckt, die bei jedem Hörer anders und damit individuell sind.

Eine falsche Fährte zu legen, gehört dabei gewiss auch zum Spiel, wie nun zum Auftakt des Motorpsycho-Konzerts im voll besetzten Colos-Saal in Ascha!enburg, als Sänger und Bassist Bent Sæther, Gitarrist Hans Magnus Ryan und der neue Schlagzeuger Ingvald Vassbö das erwartungsfrohe Publikum zur Begrüßung fragen, ob es Boogie möge. Und sich dann erst einmal mit akustischen Gitarren wie um ein
                    imaginäres Lagerfeuer versammeln und mehrstimmig „Dank State“ vom aktuellen Album „Yay!“ anstimmen, ein maximal Boogie-ferner Folksong, dem weitere drei Stücke im Singer/Songwriter-Modus folgen, die Zuhörer schon ungeduldig fragen lassen, wann denn nun die Rockmaschine angeworfen werde.

Die kommt dann auch und zwar mit der Gewalt eines kilometerlangen Güterzugs, der alles und jeden überrollt, mit Ryan nun meist an der doppelhalsigen Gitarre und Sæther am doppelhalsigen Bass-/Gitarren-Modell, seit bald vier Jahrzehnten im Zusammenspiel aufeinander abgestimmt wie Zahnräder in einem Uhrwerk. Zwei Musiker traumwandlerisch auf sonischen Erkundungsreisen, von Vassbö subtil
                    angetrieben, mit Dynamik und Tempi spielend, auch Disharmonien nicht scheuend und dabei über zweieinhalb Stunden einen Groove aufbauend, der den Saal schon
                    überwältigt hat, bevor es den versprochenen Boogie noch als Praline gibt: eine tolle Version des UFO-Klassikers „Rock Bottom“.

Quelle: F.A.Z. | 29.10.2023, 20:19
                    Christian Riethmüller

The Other Anders
                    Participant

Thank you! A wonderful read!

Makes me wonder if they could enter a new golden era a la the Geb era if they manage to keep Ingvald and do not confuse audiences now with ever-changing drummers and styles.

supernaut
                      Participant

not having a steady drummer seems to be a money thing, see that italian interview I thought someone posted somewhere in here but I can’t find it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994