30.04.2013 4AD, Diksmuide (Belgium)

Home Forums General 30.04.2013 4AD, Diksmuide (Belgium)

• This topic has 13 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Mo.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Mo

year zero

hell

august

greener

überwagner-pilgrim

arne h.

watersound

nerve tattoo

> ratcatcher

> cornucopia: satan uh…

>?

> go to California

> cornucopia: … something

manmower

> the wheel

manmower

barleycorn

starhammer

fools gold

(on the setlist but not played > curfew)

chien d'espace

bro

2h 15min

Mo

sorry guys, i didn't notice the other topic until i had finished mine, probably because it took me a while to reset my password. feel free to delete this one.

Mo

sorry guys, i didn't notice the other topic until i had finished mine, probably because it took me a while to reset my password. feel free to delete this one.

Tomcat
          Participant

Thank you for the setlist and infos – it's always good to know what was played the night before ;-) The ? within Cornucopia might have been "The Other One" by Grateful Dead and/or "King Kong" by Frank Zappa in case you would like to listen back :-)

Sad for the final encore, it's not good to book mp with a support act and that might happen again tonight in Hasselt :-/

When did mp start to play, and how was "Bed Rugs"?

pfnuesel
            Participant

Oh my god. It gets even better.

Sorry for my ignorance, but what's curfew and what's bro?

elNibi
              Participant

curfew is not a song,that's the club that is force to close and they have to stop the show before the last encore…

bro is "song for a bro" aka "whip that ghost"

ehi? is anybody highlight the return of THE WHEEL?

how was played? the entire song or only a short version inbetween manmover?

fillmore
                Participant

The other setlist thread states "Arne H" instead of "Manmower > Wheel"…? Great to see "Pilgrim" still in there! "K9" AND "Song for a bro" would have been a sick second encore, argh!!!

Perhaps it was played as this Manmower / The Wheel version, would be awesome :D[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0bT1VSoVzM [/youtube]

It was a great show, and the support from Bed Rugs was quite good too. I really liked the guest appearance from Reine Fiske, and did got some great pictures of the concert too. I was a pleasantly surprised to hear a Wishbone Ash cover too, and i'm considering to see them again in Hasselt tonite. For me, this was the best concert i've ever seen!

Tomcat
                  Participant

I guess the second encore would either have been Chien OR Bro, at least that is what was written on the setlist in Cologne the night before ;)

@Jay SoC: have you ever been to the venue in Hasselt, is it worth a visit? I am considering coming over as well (from Germany), but the fact that they have a support band stops me a bit…

Hey Tomcat, i haven't been there yet, so i really can't tell you if it's a good venue. I thought the support was really good too, and there are some youtubeclips around, so check them out if you want.

Thats a bummer, they still got a curfew out there, so that MP-show was totaly wiped out.

Nice to see they played the Wheel, but it sux they got Chien on the list as last song and didn't had a chance to play it…these song always turn out in a huge jam.

…maybe tonight it will be better @ MOD.

Another one I can't make it, becuz I got to work tonight.

I feel so sad, a double concert in feckin Belgium and both have to be missed out on.

Mo

Bed Rugs started at half past eight, Motorpsycho came on stage at 21:45 and went off at midnight.

? was something instrumental, with a riff slower and heavier than cornucopia, Bent started singing the lyrics of 'go to california' after a while (i guess that was improvised on the spot, because California is not mentioned on the setlist)

the wheel isn't either, it wasn't the whole song, mainly bent's heavy bass part as some kind of center piece/bridge halfway during manmower.

I really wanted to hear K9, but Bed Rugs screwed that up. Good band nevertheless, although i agree a band like MP doesn't need an opening act. Last night it just felt like they couldn't finish the job.

the guys were in a joyful mood, tho, bent in particular.

Oh, and there's no OR between chien and bro on my setlist. ;)

Mo

Okay, I did check out the suggestions Tomcat gave above concerning the ? on the setlist and I think they played a bit of Zappa's 'King Kong' last night. I'm not completely sure, though…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994