AADAP Deluxe Edition box set

Home Forums General AADAP Deluxe Edition box set

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 106 total)
  • Author
    Elvin
    Participant

Its Un Cinemateket d´Espace 1996.

Rune G has spoken:

"This is the fourth installment in the ongoing Motorpsycho luxury box-set re-issue program. While almost every Motorpsycho release is in one way or another a step forward, backwards, sideways, and most often everything at once, Angels and Daemons at Play is probably their first (can there be more than one…?) coming-of-age album. Following on the heels of the more streamlined Blissard, AADAP is the typically stubborn response from a band refusing to be categorized. Thus it is possibly the most varied, and on the whole, most experimental of all their albums. They also had the stubborn idea – as explained in the liner notes – to originally split it into three CDs, even if all the music would have fitted on one. Here, this original idea is continued on the three first discs.

Disc 4 includes the Starmelt EP, various outtakes and rarities. One of several golden nuggets here is the very first performance of Un Chien d´Espace ever, improvising to Luis Bunuel´s surreal short film Un Chién Andalou at Cinemateket in Oslo in 1996. Only the beginning and end were written, with everything else was up for grabs.

Disc 5 and 6 consist of the complete two and a half hour March 14, 1997 concert at Rockefeller in Oslo, recorded by NRK, the Norwegian broadcasting corporation. Never broadcasted in its entirety, and with the original mixes mastered by Helge Sten, this is the best and most complete version one will be able to own. One of the rare and lost treasures is Deathprod´s quite epic Komet, which took up almost half an hour at the beginning of this all around killer show.

In addition to all of this, you get a 24-page booklet with entertaining and enlightening liner notes, song comments and rare photos. To top it off, there are – wait for it – three very nice popcard type prints of Bent, Snah and Gebhardt.

Finally, the whole thing sports immaculate design by Kim Hiorthøy, using elements from the original 3CD set as well as some "remixed" and new stuff.

Simply essential!"

I´m sold.

kjesso
      Participant

The Gramster: Splendid that Hogwash is included. I misread ThorEgil's post above, about track listing on two CDs.

ThorEgil
        Participant

@kjesso: Sorry, my track listing was for the bootleg from the radio broadcast – just to illustrate the difference.

nicoot
          Participant

For sale now at both Stickman and Rune!

harry
            Participant

Does anyone have more info on the 'Angel' and 'Daemon' bundles? I would like to know what the shirts look like..

Also wondering about the size of the shirt that needs to be emailed separately from the order.. Seems like a world of trouble ahead.

odindahle
              Participant

So what's up with the daemon and angel shirt? It looks like you would have to buy both bundles to get both shirts (no AADAP shirts added in the store except for the bundles).

Krist Rampage
                Participant

I am so looking forward to this one! Almost…

I see mostly good things about this release.

– It's cheap. 25 euros (ex shipping) is not much.

– Looking forward to reading the liner notes. The previous booklets that came with the boxsets whee very informative and entertaining.

– the previous boxsets all looked amazing.

– I have the AADAP 2lp. I think it is great to also have the three ep's on three discs. Probably makes the listening experience different and handy to have it on cd.

– The first live version of Un Chien! More demos & stuff!

– A complete live concert! with Hogwash, more un Chien! Very cool. I already heard this concert but it is nice to have i complete and in the best quality.

supernaut
                  Participant
                    Quote:
                    – Looking forward to reading the liner notes. The previous booklets that came with the boxsets whee very informative and entertaining.

same here.

Elvin
                    Participant

Today is the day! Anyone got it?

Nothing here. Came home to a mailbox filled with big black emptiness

kjellepelle
                      Participant

Must be delayed, as PK here in Trondheim had not received it yet either.

Coventry Boy
                        Participant

Stickman delivers on time.

Like allways.

Got it

manbitecat
                          Participant

This sucks. Why do I even bother to preorder. Its been years since they delivered on time :cry:

The plan for the evening was to enjoy the boxset and to continue to do so over the weekend.

Krist Rampage
                            Participant

I didn't receive mine either yet. Ordered it from Stickman. Hope it arrivés today, with the Blissard book.

From the Stickman site: Since we just got the CD box sets in yesterday afternoon, we’re busy packing and shipping all preorders. Most have gone out, and the rest will be be ready for the post office by Monday morning.

So, today or tuesday… Fingers crossed.

Elvin
                              Participant
                                Quote:
                                Its been years since they delivered on time

I usually get my preorders from Rune G ahead of the official release…

Elvin
                                Participant

so yeah, liten forsinkelse fra Rune:

litt info begravd i en facebookthread

https://www.facebook.com/runegrammofon/photos/a.312775905455025.71458.267695363296413/1218983011500972/?type=3&theater

Hei dere! Vi fikk bekreftet levering torsdag, men dessverre dukket den først opp sent i går ettermiddag og vi hadde dermed ikke sjans til å rekke å pakke over 100 forhåndsbestillinger og rekke posten. Alt står pakket og klart, og blir kjørt ut tidlig mandag morgen. Beklager ventetiden! Håper likevel dere nyter musikken.

Tonje / rune grammofon

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 106 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994