AADAP Deluxe Edition box set

Home Forums General AADAP Deluxe Edition box set

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 106 total)
  • Author
    supernaut
    Participant

Got it yesterday. There's some outtake gems on disc 4 which are classic MP (Caterpillar, King Bong Hop), which are great to listen now but probably wouldn't have been the stand out tracks if released on the album proper. "Komet" is quite demanding… starting a gig like this is borderline mean. :mrgreen: Nice package as usual, cool liner notes again. The release format issue didn't seem sooooo far out adventurous to me back then. Probably took things for granted in a "yeah sure, why not?" fashion, but in hindsight with Bent's thoughts about it, it does appear in a different light. My combo is thinking about a triple vinyl release of our album which feels natural to us due to the music's scope, but what label would go along with that nowadays…?

Am i the only one who thinks that the 1997 live portion sounds completely distorted and overblown ?

Krist Rampage
      Participant

I haven't received mine yet from Stickman but i hope it sounds alright. The live portion is what i am looking forward to the most.

Somewhat offtopic: i wonder how far they will go with the 4/5/6 cd box reissue sets. Trust Us for sure and there is enough material for Let Them Eat Cake (Barracuda,2 eps, various live stuff) but then what? I don's think the records after that are suited for a box set release. Any thoughts?

ijustpop
        Participant

After Le Them Eat Cake they basically released outtakes for ten years. No need for a boxset from that period.

naur
          Participant

Is there enough material from the Trust Us period? Only the ep's and the orginal album are in my opion not enough for a box-set.

kjellepelle
            Participant

There were some fantastic live shows with Baard on keys around Europe. Would love to hear or see one or more of those..

Krist Rampage
              Participant

I don't know. The album itself is two discs already. Disc 3 the ep's and some outtakes (it would surprise me if there aren't any) and disc 4 more live stuff? Wild speculation this off course.

supernaut
                Participant

The live recording sounds fine to me. It's 97 Motorpsycho with traktorbass, gnarly guitar distortion, geb's cymbal happiness, which all add up to a somewhat lofi sonic attack. It's raw, unpolished and real with no distorted clipping issues or whatever.

supernaut
                  Participant

Hope they resurrect Hearttack Mac in their future sets. That's a monster and I don't even remember when I heard this one live the last time.

naur
                    Participant

I heard "Heartattack Mac" in the Effenaar in Eindhoven during the "Heavy Metal Fruit tour", i guess….but i am not sure. The ground has shaken. It was amazing. :D

otherdemon
                      Participant

I see lotsa people bragging about the content on the 6CD AADAP box.

Me, I wouldn't know because I still haven't received the fucking thing :(

Really regretting pre-ordering this time…

mefisto
                        Participant

I don't mind waiting a few days more.

Do most people have that much of a hurry these days?

Better support Rune/Stickman and be patient ;-)

Un.Chien.d.Espace
                          Participant

I am also still waiting for the thing.

otherdemon
                            Participant

Well, when they announce a release date of 02.12.16, I sorta expect to

receive it close to that date. Now it's been 4 days since release, and

still nothing. I could've just gone into town to Big Dipper or PK and

purchased it there, and have it by now…

Un.Chien.d.Espace
                              Participant

yeah, this is really frustrating, I always pre-order from stickman and never got the new motorpsycho releases on release date… really makes me think twice next time…

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 106 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994