Berlin (GER), Postbahnhof 22.05.2014

Home Forums General Berlin (GER), Postbahnhof 22.05.2014

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    fillmore
    Participant

Trixeene

Coventry Boy

Big Suprise

Skate

Waiting for the one

Hell

Entropy

Cloudwalker

Magic & The Wonder

The Promise

For Free

Un Chien

Up/Down

Superstooge

Kvaestor

Starhammer

Plan #1

2h40min

Support: Grandloom

fillmore
      Participant

What I wrote to a friend earlier today, copied and pasted here:

Exquisite, mindblowing, perfect, best-in-years Motorpsycho show at Postbanhhof yesterday! As good as they always were, they have actually gotten better. Concise, tight, not losing themself in long jams while still delivering the goods (and there were good songs AND really insane jams). Not one wasted note in 2 hours and 40 minutes. Almost rehearsed space-sections because they were JUST PERFECT. Very varied, tension-and-release concept perfected, build-ups more extreme then ever. A better sound than before, better seperation between Reine and the others. A modernized, more AWARE, highly alert, better and NEW LEVEL Motorpsycho.

Postbahnhof was not sold out, people were very quiet and attentive (Berlin the new Bremen?!). Bent communicated with the crowd more then ever before. The acoustic set was heavenly, perfect singing and wonderful instrumentation. Even "Big Surprise" was a highlight. Could have gone on forever. But it didn't. When they switched to electric guitars and unleashed the noise it makes for such an overwhelming effect, like a bomb "Hell Pt. 1" hit us. I was floored. After the acoustic set they choose to give us "Hell 1-7", all 30 minutes of it. Ridiculous and sick!!! Lots of keyboards all throughout the show. Tasty and juicy and spacy! 21st century King Crimson! So many special moments! The new songs were great and they were played all in a row, which was very cool too.

We got the first "K9" of the tour and oh my, what a version it was!!! A very elaborate and delicate space based on jamming with the keys, all quiet and Krimson-ish before they entered the most extreme "The faster we go" I have ever heard. In the end of was sheer teechnical brilliance, almost tech metal, with a freewheeling Kenneth who was let off the leash. It was so nasty, loud, extreme, I thought I could not stand it any second longer. Just EXTREME!!! 25 minutes. The setlist left nothing to desire, the encore brought only more "jams": "Up/down" / "Superstooge" / "Kvaestor" / "Starhammer" —> BANG!!!!!

I really got my money's worth. Some of the singing later in the show got out of tune but all in all this was a technically improved Motorpsycho and what they did made sense all around. A raised consciousness about what they do and how they present their show. Like they have stepped up. I am grateful for this one show, would not like to have missed. A highlight from first to last second. Amazing. NEW LEVEL!

Be
        Participant

Superstooge! Cool!

Thanks, Alex, for this great personal review!

Damn, there's a great set. All my favourites of BTS, For Free, Un Chien and all the other cool stuff.

Holle
          Participant

Sounds fantastic & great. :-)

Quote:
            (Berlin the new Bremen?!)

Don't think so, maybe Berlin is nowadays such as good as Bremen, but Bremen is still outstanding.

The venue, the audience, the bands mood and the whole atmosphere isn't to top, imo. :STG:

Great King Rat
            Participant

Bloody Hell, that setlist looks even nicer than Bremen's, although I'm happier about the accoustic selection in Schlachhof. But Un chien and superstooge instead of the Cornucopia/California-block, I would have loved to see that!

Alex' report of the overall mood and vibe of the show seems to be consistent with what we got the night before, I'm kinda sad now that Bremen's probably remaining the only show for me this tour. :?

pfnuesel
              Participant

"Even "Big Surprise" was a highlight."

What's that supposed to mean? One of my favourite *live* songs (2002 version) …

supernaut
                Participant

almost getting goosebumps only by reading your report of Un Chien.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994