Botanique 29/10/2017-Brussels

Home Forums General Botanique 29/10/2017-Brussels

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author

MP played some epic gigs here last couple of years.

Hope they continue their habbits…lets roll & see U all tonight.

Had a look upon the setlist from last concerts, seems they're in the mood, looking forward for this :STG:

nicoot
    Participant

First Vortex Surfer appearance this tour! ♡

Along with K9, HMB2, The Wheel, Gullible's Travails (kidding). Sorry, can't recall the entire setlist. Honestly I preferred this show way better over the St Niklaas one (which was already great). Wow what a trip!

Vortex Surfer was played in both Bergen and Stavanger. Both times as tje encore after K9 if I remember correctly.

A stand alone version of The Wheel from start to finish,that's been a while, great job by MP. Set was 2H30

Didn't manage to grab or set eye upon the setlist, but set started with a huge improvisation theme for Chien d'espace, song took 'bout 20min's, U could notice the diehard psychonauts from the casual customers. The latter went for a beer after 10min's :-)

nicoot
      Participant

Oh okay, other-than-Nowegian countries then :wink:

The wheel took 17:13min's

A really good version for vortex 8:24min's

and a couple of songs from The Tower.

The sound quality of the concert was really good btw & it wasn't sold out, so lots of space to enjoy the gig even in front of the podium.

Botanique is alway something special, had hoped for another Golden Core there, buy they played it already @ Tilburg.

Mo

Un chien

bartok

cuckoo

a.s.f.e.

the wheel

pacific sonata

alchemyst

hbm

ship of fools

vortex surfer

2h.25min.

Only ten songs in about two and a half hours but I enjoyed this show much more than the previous Belgian gig on this tour. In my opinion this actually was the best Motorpsycho show I 've seen in years – I have attended every tour since November 1997.

The sound was great indeed, compared to last Thursday there was more of a rock vibe tonight and the band really was "in the zone" from start to finish. For me Tomas's performance reallly stood out.

Tonight's rendition of Un Chien/ K9 (approximately 30 minutes long) was pure gold. And this was actually the very first time (after more than 30 MP shows) that I heard a complete version of The Wheel live.

Afterwards Kristoffer told me that he had compiled tonight's setlist and that he picked Vortex as the final encore, because he had never played that one before.

Mo, id Un chien started with a quiet instrumental 'bout 10min's & kept building into the famous intro, U could feel the vibe Snah was building up the tension to fluidly sliding into Un Chien…and the rest is history 10min+20min's, only for diehard Psychonauts, first to go where the Beerhowlers. Really annoyed my recording :-)

Krist Rampage
          Participant

Damn! Looks like the oposite of the Hedon show. Wish i was at this show too. Pretty amazing setlist.

Blashyrkh
            Participant

Really loved this setlist :) Very happened that I've finally heard The Wheel !

I've noticed the last tours that Bent has a tripod with his Lyrics or sheet music? Is he getting old? :D

Tomcat
              Participant

Too much new material / lyrics I assume ;-)

Very nice setlist, amazing how steady they play this type of sets being in Brussels. (Glad they also did that in Bremen already this time).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994