Botanique, Brussels 07.11.2009

Home Forums General Botanique, Brussels 07.11.2009

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

All Is Loneliness

Cornucopia

Ãœberwagner

Superstooge

Watersound

Triggerman

LLM

Bedroom Eyes

Sungravy

Diana

Taifun

Year Zero

Manmower

The Golden Core

With the exception of Speed Bubbles (Ãœberwagner) and Bent’s amused comments in between the first few songs about the sound of a radio somewhere (“now it’s Pink!” “Iron Maiden?!”), from Superstooge onwards it was a seamless set and everything about the show fit perfectly. From hard & fast to slow and sludgy, loud to faint, wavering quiet vox to collective mad shouting, it just worked. To maintain the energy, to keep that underlying tension pulled taut, throughout almost an entire set is quite a feat. Especially when playing such a range of songs from one “era” to the next. And just like LLM, I didn’t get into COTF until I had experienced the songs live and loud. Diana was ridiculously good. Actually, I didn’t start getting into BH/BC songs until last year’s tour and here Triggerman was so raucous and energetic. Really the only thing I missed in Brussels was 577, which would have been awesome.

The Botanique has changed for the better in certain ways and stayed hopelessly clueless in others. Is it any wonder Kenneth took the stage in a shirt proclaiming “UNKNOWN DRUMMER” when the club issue poster out in front showed a very dated photo of Bent, Snah and…Gebh?!

The cafe system was hilariously illustrative of EU inefficiency: understaffed, and everything on the menu, whether it’s water, juice, soda or booze, is in glass bottles (and largely unrefrigerated). Therefore, each and every drink order first had to be transferred to plastic cups before any money or goods exchanged hands, and to further delay the process they weren’t using tokens, either.

Still, it was nice to see the gardens looking cared for, as well as the indoor flower beds and fish ponds. And despite the sea of plastic crunching underfoot during quiet parts, it was really nice not to have bar noise inside the room.

I bought a CD—Hope Sandoval’s newest! She was playing in the other room, unfortunately scheduled at exactly the same time as the motors (again with the EU efficiency…).

See you in Deventer!

rather late info :lol:

twitter *this*!

twitter yourself :mrgreen:

fillmore
    Participant

Thanks for the report!

Alex

Here are some fantastic photos from the Botanique show, courtesy of Barbara Pereman’s Rock-o-Graphy site:

http://www.barbaraperemans.be/music/motorpsycho

[the first 14 in the set; the others are from last year’s similarly captivating show in Leuven’s Het Depot]

Leslie, thanx for cool link! damn, they’re so nice.

TraktorBass
      Participant

Barbaras pictures are fantastic, as always. I’ll have to hustle me a press pass next time and get upclose with my camera :D

Well, not that good, but photos I took. enjoy ; )

Photos are not big size, so Slideshow Option, “Embiggen small things to full screen” is better to take out.

I actually find them quit good. Can I use some of these for my ordinary 256Kbs MP3 recording for use on my Ipod.

Hadn’t had the change to shoot pictures, due to the recording , I only got pictures from the empty stage and psychonauts in the orangerie :oops:

> Votex155

Yeah, if you want, of course use them for your iPod!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994