Brussels, De Vaartkapoen, 29.05.14

Home Forums General Brussels, De Vaartkapoen, 29.05.14

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Problems with the electricity in the venue disturb a regular soundcheck. The crew ist waiting for an electrician to fix it. Hopefully it'll be allright until showtime…

Blashyrkh
    Participant

Damn :( let's hope for the best

Tomcat
      Participant

Oh :-/ Hope they got it fixed by now, Belgian shows are usually good ones, especially Brussels – though I don't know if they ever played the "VK Club" before.

Coventry Boy, Trixeene, Time to Skate, W4t1, All is Lonelyness (Kenneth in Drums)

Arne H, Magic & Wonder, On a Plate, Hallucifuge, Kvaestor, My Best Friend, Hell 1-7

—-

Upstairs Downstairs, Cloudwalker, The Other Fool, Il Alchimista

Some words later…. This was just perfect!!!!!

Tomcat
        Participant

Looks perfect indeed, and you had your Arne H :-)

And again another piece of cake – that must be the first "My Best Friend" in more than 10 years(?), there have been great impros in that one. Looking forward to hearing it with Kenneth and Reine!

Surprising encore, but I could think of a worse way to end a gig than with the mighty Alchemyst B)

fillmore
          Participant

Really sweet set. Brussels delivers, as always. Thomas reported that "All is Loneliness" segued straight into "Arne H"! Really glad to welcome "My Best Friend" back :-)

Juergen
            Participant

@ Tomcat: True – the last performance of "My Best Friend" was in Oslo on 2002-11-28 (and yesterday, of course)!

Tomcat
              Participant

The Other Fool must have been performed around thy time as well before Nijmegen, or not? God they can pick out anything they want these days :-))

supernaut
                Participant

now they're digging into the phanerocake phase? here's hoping for some circles and carousels, too. rarely heard those live. but i'd be just happy to get a crazed out un chien. and feedtime, hehe.

Sometimes just everything fits. In Nijmegen I told my sister and my friends Wulf and Thorsten the songs I would like to hear in Brussels while saying them goodbye. Well the acoustics were everything I longed for plus a completely unexpected AIL at tis point of the set. Kenneth already on drums and focused on the base drum. When they straight went into Arne H I had goosebumps all over. It was a smoothe version. I enjoyed every single minute of what followed. No more wishes, just let it flow. The key for an amazing Motorpsycho night is the sound. In Haarlem and Nijmegen I was probably to close to the stage. The monitors a quite loud. In Brussels I just found the perfect spot. Exept in Bremen I never had a better sound. I could easily switch my attention to everyone on stage and listen clearly to every single detail. So I discovered the benefit of Reine without any doubt left. What he played in the jam part of the surprising My Best Friend was wonderful. I dont want to miss him anymore.

Hell was almost overwhelming. Every part just mindblowing with this clear sound. After all theese highlights I had no more expectations for the encore. But when I heard the first chords of Upstairs Downstairs I knew what would have fit perfectly. No need to talk about single songs of this evening cause I loved every second. But I finally freaked out during the Alchemyst.

I attended quite a few Motorpsycho shows and this was one of the best. Judged by my feelings and the state I was in over 2:30 hours it was the best.

fillmore
                  Participant

How long was MBF?

I would say, it lastet about 15 min

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994