Cloudwalkers Live LP Freak Valley Festival 2014

Home Forums General Cloudwalkers Live LP Freak Valley Festival 2014

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 54 total)
  • Author

I somehow managed to get 2 test-pressing of this release. Both are stuck in the US right now tho, should get them in a couple of months.

Anyway, what would be the best way to share/trade this extra copy without creating a ton of drama amongst psychonauts?

Thanks for your advice.

Ratmaus
    Participant

You can’t. So my suggestion would be a trade with the first and best just to get it over with. That would be me, I guess :wink:

You’re welcome to drop me an e-mail at antikristoffer(a)gmail.com

Quote:
      You can’t. So my suggestion would be a trade with the first and best just to get it over with. That would be me, I guess :wink:

You’re welcome to drop me an e-mail

Ah! That's the point, most hardcore fans and collectors have missed this release because they weren't 'fast enough'. I've lost the chance to get stuff myself, so I really don't know what's the best way to deal with it without being an asshole. I'll definitely trade it.

I'll post again here once the records are here (Belgium), now they're still in the Boston area.

Ratmaus
      Participant

I’m cool with that. In my opinion you’ve already proven you’re not being an asshole, so my second (and last) piece of advice is simple: Do what thou wilt. Good luck!

The Other Anders
        Participant

What about making it available as a torrent through Motortrades? Then at least many of us hardcore fans who cannot get our hands on it can get to hear it.

I would not suggest this for an official release, but would it really be over the line in this particular case?

My two cents about this release: it's a bootleg. In all forms. Cheap, limited, rough production, only a part of the whole show, etc. It only has value for hardcore completists.

As much as every psychonaut would love to have it in his/her collection, it's still just a bootleg.

"Strings Of Stroop Live At Effenaar" feels a bit the same to me: not a complete live show, ugly artwork, hard to get copies of it. I missed this release somehow but don't really care about it because it just doesn't feel like a genuine MP release. No need to stress for not having a copy of a release that just doesn't feel like a regular release.

I somehow managed to order a copy of this release and two copies of the test pressing ("30" test pressings wtf seriously) and I'll be glad to share all my copies with fellow psychonauts later this year. I just got lucky and ordered the minute before it ends but still don't really care much about this bootleg release.

Ratmaus
          Participant

Consider me waiting in line, then.

Quote:
            My two cents about this release: it's a bootleg. In all forms. Cheap, limited, rough production, only a part of the whole show, etc.

To me this is part of the appeal, even though it’s sort of a bootleg pastiche. We wants it. :wink:

Well, I live in Germany and I mailed a colleague in Florida and asked him to order a cooy for me, but he read my mail too late when he tried, it was already sold out. Still feeling a little grumpy that this release is not available for everyone.

@David
            : is there any chance for me to be one of the lucky psychonauts you would like to share your copies with? You would make an old man happy … ;)

Tomcat
            Participant

There is no direct link to this thread, but who knows what is growing there:

Stickman and Rock Freaks Records join forces!

The name Rock Freaks is synonymous here in Europe with the heavy rock festival Freak Valley which happens every year (except for 2020, of course) in Siegen, Germany. Over the past decade, this small team of dedicated volunteers has poured their blood, sweat and tears not only into their festival, but has also started their own label to release records they love and live sets from the festival.

"We’ve been friends with the Rock Freaks for some years now, having enjoyed quite a few editions of Freak Valley as well as some excellent wax from their team. Thus we are extremely pleased to announce that Stickman and Rock Freaks Records have partnered up and will be selling their titles in our webstore in the very near future!"

(From the latest Stickman newsletter.)

I see potential future releases of Stickman related bands such as mp, Elder, King Buffalo, Orango, Papir, Electric Moon, Mos Generator, Spidergawd (…) A perfect pair :cheers:

Hi everybody, is anyone here having an extra copy of the Cloudwalkers E.P. and willing to sell it at a reasonable price from Psychonautvto Psychonaut – I do not want to feed the Discogs-Monster …

I managed to get 1 copy of the Cloudwalkers EP and 2 copies of the test pressing.

It's still in Boston right now, hoping to get the post-service back on track anytime soon. Once the copies are here (Brussels), I'll post here for some trade options for anyone interested.

Hey David – good to hear, and I am deeply interested in trading this vinyl.

Do you already know what other Motorpsycho gems you would like to have in exchange for Cloudwalkers? Hope I'll be able to trade …

Don't worry I'll be posting about it once the copies are here. I'd rather have them on hands before giving false hopes to fellow psychonauts.

Okay, thank you. Patience is a virtue, I'll work on my skills ;)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 54 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994