Deventer, Burgerweeshuis – 15.11.2009

Home Forums Setlists Deventer, Burgerweeshuis – 15.11.2009

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Rune
    Participant
      Quote:
      Would have loved to get the “Bent is Loud”-shirt, but after the show it was gone (apperently there were only 15 made for the crew + only *1* for sale

:finger:

Pic later.

Rune you Motherf….. Hehe.

@ Joeri,

Thanks for the pics!

Me and my mates are standing prominently at the front of the stage watching our Norwegian friends ripping it up.

One of the best gigs I saw them play!

I’ll be there when they return in the spring of next year.

elNibi
      Participant

kill some day!

Bent seems a bit down with his voice…

Rune
        Participant
          Quote:
          Any recording made during this show?

Yes. Listened to parts of it. Not great. Then again, I think I am slightly saturated.

Will hand it over for some tinkering at some point, then it’ll be uploaded as well, I guess. If it passes the quality control.

@rune: so u got the shirt?! Grrrr!! At least it’s in good hands, u deserve it ;-)

Ratmaus
          Participant

Haha, with Google translator Kenneth Kapstad becomes “Kenneth Cape Town”. :D

Wulf
            Participant

Might Who gave you love have been a Zakarrias cover?

Exactly Wulf, that should be the one (we have to search for ;-) )

sounds a nice set list to me…strange entry but what an ending, Vortex is always the perfect ending for a cool gig.

Hovmod
              Participant

Google translate ftw! “The abundant freakiness on drums and guitar or starts to lose its magic.

You can also exaggerate something natural.

But that simply belongs to the inappropriate attitude of rock Motor Psycho.”

This was the first time I saw Motorpsycho since 2007. I use to be big fan but these days I guess I’m just remotely interested in the band. Got the last album and liked it alright for its riff-heavy stonerrock sound but didn’t think there were any memorable songs. The older mp albums I still play these days are Timothy’s, Blissard & Angels and Daemons, so it was good to hear some of those songs.

I thought it was a nice show but definitely not one of those magic nights.

It had a decent start with some of the newer material. KSD was not bad but Bent should learn to recognize the limitations of his own voice by now and sing this one register lower (like on the record).

ITF came in a decent rendition and was great to hear; I always loved this track.

The vocals on Wishing well -an otherwise pretty song- were indeed lacking (severely). Bent must have thought the same because he threw a little tantrum right after ending the song.

But the band got over it and ended the first set with a good version of the LLM suite, which demonstrated Kenneth’s amazing talents on the drums best. He is an ‘intelligent’ rock drummer with a great feel for dynamics, much like Mitch Mitchell.

As the show progressed, the crowd was getting more and more rowdy and as long as the band fed them those crazee rawking tunes, the roof went off. When they didn’t though (like during the first parts of Manmower and Vortex), the screams and cheering were still going on. But this didn’t bother me in the way it would have ten years ago, it was actually kind of amusing, I thought.

During the whole show I tried different spots and never really found a place where the sound balance was satisfying. The drums were buried beneath the guitar and bass which took a lot of the drive away. And the sometimes less than average vocals were totally dry most the time and tended to stuck out like a sore thumb. Some over-the-top creativity on the soundman’s part with reverb, delays & phasing effects could have made a huge difference.

All in all a fun night. Good enough to make me wanna see them again next time in May.

@elNibi: Right. Cut the video before Bent opens his mouth. Video becomes much better then.

He was off, so leave it out. Just sayin’ man.

For those of you who understand Dutch: my review.

http://cut-up.com/2009/11/motorpsycho-wars-van-trends-een-ouderwetse-vaste-waarde/

Pics to be added later!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994