Effenaar 23.05.10

Home Forums Setlists Effenaar 23.05.10

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    otherdemon
    Participant
      Quote:
      @otherdemon Where to find footage of the 1994 Rome gig with Mountain? Youtube did not give me any

The whole damn thing was seeded at Dimeadozen. Not sure if it’s still up there now, but it was back then…

Mark
      Participant

Please let them play Mountain at the Vera show!

I can’t believe some of you guys’ memory, by the way. I have no idea what they played at previous shows. Not the last one, let alone the earlier ones.

@ Mark: My secret is putting every songtitle in a text in my phone the moment they start playing a new song. Memory doesn’t enter into it, in my case! :MPD:

Greets,

Thomas

Rob

Mark: the info is all available on this site in Dampsaba. Setlists from way back up until this day and age (not sure if recent years are complete). Without it, I wouldn’t remember a whole lot either :)

Another source is e.g. http://db.etree.org/bs_d.php?artist_key=7735 which lists live recordings that are circulating, usually with setlists and sometimes a description.

Mark
          Participant

Thanx!

Mark
            Participant
              RvL

My 22nd gig in 14years time.

Well, my feelings after the gig:

+ Mountain (!) :-)

+ some of the other oldies (shrug, chien)

+ snah back on keys for the first time since 99?

– singing

(damn, GT was just ‘tenenkrommend’/embarassing at times)

Snah seemed to get better and better singing since 2008, bit this gig was just..

– the new songs did not do it for me live.

(maybe because of the singing, the excellent production of (and keys on) the album,

but the songs live could not compete with the album versions. They couldnt pull

them off in my view)

– too few melodic parts for my taste. (my favourite live-shows were in the pop-era I

think)

I really hope MP will become more song-orientated in the future (but it doesn’t seem

so). I like to see MP spacing/jamming, but I also like tight, arranged songs (like

Shrug in this gig..)

Let’s hope the oya-gig will get them more in that direction.

– I miss the video-projections. They gave MP gigs always a little something extra.

– the encores must’ve been the weakest encore-set I’ve ever seen by MP. Really.

– I am getting probably more critical about mp every gig..

MP used to do the best gigs, but only this year I’ve already seen a few more better gigs by others..

supernaut
                Participant

Maybe now they’re into stretching things and they’ll be more into short songs soon when they get tired of it again as usual. :) And yes, I missed the video projections too. It’s weird they don’t use them considering the current setlists. Their current “light show” doesn’t really make up for it.

supernaut
                  Participant

A note about live/studio versions: It took a while for me to recognize the main intro riff to Starhammer. I felt Snah should play it on the keyboard with a string sound. It would be kitsch as hell but on guitar only it lost some of its majestic vibe.

Un.Chien.d.Espace
                    Participant

second that!

Mark
                      Participant

I second RvL, although my favorite period is pre pop-phase.

RvL

> I second RvL, although my favorite period is pre pop-phase.

..If I’d seen more in that period I’d probably agree. Unfortunately I only saw 2 proper gigs in the pre-pop-phase. And in the pop-phase it were often the old songs that were the highlights..

(and I liked Bard’s sounds)

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994