Effenaar 23.05.10

Home Forums Setlists Effenaar 23.05.10

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Author

Well, another super fun and great show last night!

Got setlist but can use internet at lobby only so later…

This time, stage set comcept is ‘to play at living room’. You can see carpet on the floor, light stand at the back, and leaves on the amp. How sweet isn’t it? I love it ; ) and that drum kit position is good for the band, Kenneth likes it, of course. Should be easy to send & catch cues each other, I think. New drum kit is beautiful also!

Well, report more, anyone?

Yeah great gig, the setting was cozy, they really invented themselves. They played some classic Motorpsycho tunes I didn’t hear for a long long time. But also glad I didn’t record this venue, first it would take away the magic of last evening, second the talking noise during the quiet parts would have destroyed it all. Snah played himself in trance and together with him the half of the audience, the rest was getting drinks from the bar and should have stayed outside @ the excellent effenaar “terras”

It was my first concert @ effenaar, must remember not to stand on the right in front of the stage when I ever go back to that place.

some pix of the Motorpsycho living room

[img]http://lh6.ggpht.com/_4ll0fpeY-I8/S_m3mgCyTiI/AAAAAAAAAtk/ExXuADF2M4Y/S640/P1070173.JPG[/img]

[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_4ll0fpeY-I8/S_m3n10Q5QI/AAAAAAAAAts/ihzxYocDjDA/S640/P1070179.JPG[/img]

This also was interesting Snah sampled his guitar unto his keyboard and jammed away

[img]http://lh6.ggpht.com/_4ll0fpeY-I8/S_m31dGzuZI/AAAAAAAAAu4/hn38j_U1Vl8/S640/P1070229.JPG[/img]

Could you believe that MP played Un Chien…and people were getting drinks, came back and during the quiet parts started talking.

There was some magic yesterday evening but some people couldn’t feel it, I’m pretty sure the band also heard the audience talk, but I hope not.

Concert time 2H30 with two encores.

Vegard B. Havdal
    Keymaster

(repeat from other thread.)

W.B.A.T.

MOUNTAIN (Snah on keys)

Visitant

I.C.U.

Starhammer

Diana

Un Chien d’espace (Snah keys, Bent moog)

Cornucopia (feat. The other one?) ->

Greener

Gullible’s travails

Arnie Hassle ->

Shrug and fistful

X3

Come on in

Excellent, mind blowing show! Guess the guys liked in on stage yesterday ;-) Long jams, unexpected songs (Chien, Mountain!). Loved the drums too… Hope to see them soon again (one of the summer festivals?).

Some pics on http://bit.ly/c8zTeY (compact camera quality…)

Great show! Absolutely perfect. See also the “MOUNTAIN”-thread.

You always get people talking, moving around to go to the bar, or the toilet, or the smoking room. There are always new people at an MP-gig (edit: AND THANK GOD FOR THAT!), who can’t realize yet how special their concerts are. You cannot blame them for that, we were like that ourselves. At least, that’s what I think.

My first time I saw them (very late by psychonaut standards: May 5 1999 – Tivoli/Utrecht) I missed them coming onstage and was in the back, yakking away. Then they started playing “Kill Some Day” and I really started paying attention. Then came the 45 minutes “Un Chien…” (not the one on Roadwork I, that is from the Tivoli gig of first leg of the Trust Us tour, this being the second) and they just totally floored me. And here I am, at my 25th gig. Also not a lot, by psychonaut standards.

I talked to a few first-timers yesterday and they were all impressed, kind of overwhelmed by what was going on. They all had different takes on what they were seeing and hearing, stuff that more experienced motorpsychodelic wanderers don’t really notice anymore. The funniest part was, I spoke to some older people standing in a far away corner at a table, making merry. They asked me in slight earnest whether this was really Motorpsycho. I said it sure was. Then they started laughing and said they had come to hear Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young! Later on in the gig however, I walked past them again. They had stopped laughing and joking around. The beers in their hands were going tepid as they stood enthralled, silent and listening to “Un Chien…”.

Greets,

Thomas

Amazing shows and wonderful days in Holland!

The band is in such a good mood and shape. Snah sang “Feels like 26” in Greener and that says it all…

See you in Bremen

The Setlist had a “?” next to either “Come On In” OR “S.T.G.” being very last song. Would have liked S.T.G. of course but after Mountain this show was already historical, no more wishes and “Come On In” in this new version is simply a majestic closer. Teenage will be for one of the next shows then!

When they went into Mountain I first hesitated for a few seconds what this is now, then realized what they’re just going into there, still not believing that they’re just *playing it in full* after 15 years again!!!

The band is definately on fire already on their first gigs and after this, a n y t h i n g seems possible :twisted: Have fun in Berlin tomorrow, see you again back in Bremen 8)

Mo

I’ve seen better MP shows in the past, but I almost wet my pants when they played Mountain. :)

Rob

Great show, with some real surprises in the setlist. I could hardly believe my ears when the first bits of Mountain set in. One of the “main” songs in the first few MP concerts I ever visited, but not played in a loooooong time. There’s so much energy on stage, even more than last tour. Could not really see Kenneth very well this time, he’s a bit hidden in the stage setup they use (see pics above). Snah brought a new toy which was used during a couple of songs, such as the wonderful performance of Un Chien. Reached the speed of light at some point, felt like we were no longer on this planet. Too bad about S.T.G. Played to death in the nineties, but I would have loved to hear that one again.New version of Come on in made up for it though…

No complaints then? Just one. The sound, at times, was not good where I was standing. Much detail was lost and everything blended into one big soup from time to time. This happens more often at the Effenaar. Gullible suffered from it, grrr… But hey, we got Mountain :) I will shut up now.

@ Red Mosquito: Oh yeah, must have been my wishful memory! There was a big “<” before both songs and a “?” before the “<“.

I still can’t believe they went into Mountain. Did I really hear them play that? And did they really dance in sync during the riff after the first verse? That was so funny!!!

It just hit me. I saw my concerts for this tour already. DAMN! I want more! Like said in another thread: Please someone with a decent recorder going to some gigs, PLEASE tape this.

Greets,

Thomas

Awesome concert.

Setlist on paper here: click here

And I made some pics with my not so professional camera, but hey I had a perfect spot.. click here

And… did they really dance…. yes, was lucky enough to capture 17 secs of it click here

By the way, the pics above are… mine I see now.

So I deserve a little credit here Vortex155 be so kind te mention that (i would think).

@ tbeest: You nailed it! The footage is so funny. And now I know for sure I didn’t dream it! Thanks for that.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994