Groningen VERA 03-05-2016

Home Forums General Groningen VERA 03-05-2016

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Jig

HBM 1

STG

Serpentine

Bomb Proof (Arne Hassle)

Up/Down

Cloudwalker

Superstooge

Cornucopia (!)

Pills Powders Passionplays (!!)

Watersound (!!!)

Big Black Dog

Jr.

Feedtime

HBM 2

Great show. More tomorrow when i'm sober.

Okay, I'm back on Earth.

Some impressions about the show yesterday:

– first of all, great show, great setlist, great sound. I've seen them about 12 times now, and this one was definitely top 5, maybe even top 3

– the vocals were quite good, I've heard them sing much much worse in the past

– Vera was nearly sold out, which must have been a pleasant surprise for the band since the previous show in Vera (may 2014) was quite scarcely attended

– we got to hear Superstooge (niiiiiice), PPP (awesome), Watersound (personal favourite, very intense version) and Feedtime (first time for me)

– I don't know any other band that can end a show with an epic song (HBM2) that nobody's heard before and still totally captivate an audience

– Big Black Dog is a song for the ages, and looking at the crowd during this song I noticed everybody bobbing their heads

– even though Demon Box is not necessarily one of my favourite MP-albums (I prefer the TM – Blissard – AADAP – Trust Us era) the two songs they played were scorching, Feedtime was damn near metal at times

Quote:
    – Vera was nearly sold out, which must have been a pleasant surprise for the band since the previous show in Vera (may 2014) was quite scarcely attended

The Dutch shows were really well attended indeed with three (almost) sold out concerts, quite a difference compared to the last tours. Well, they deserved it!

Krist Rampage
    Participant

Very good, very intense gig. Almost three hours of magic.

The HBM songs where beautiful to hear. I want to say some things about the show that make sense but i am still so overwhelmed…

Spacebandit
      Participant

Seems like those there had a real good time. Great to read that it was a packed venue.

I'm still wondering why they do those small venues outside Tyskland…Holidaze in May?

Well…setlist looks LECKER. Hope at least one taper was there to let us still hungry

psychonauts do the experience of that fine performance again (or first time).

Tusen takk to my favourite band on this planet. You almost scrached on the throne of…GD.

harry
        Participant
        Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994