Harstad, 30.06.22

Home Forums General Harstad, 30.06.22

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    ingmarwa
    Participant

Great show, really tight, and also quite a bit of jamming going on. The band being in a great mood. Show started even a bit early, since festspillene imposed a hard 90 min time limit. Black magic woman was played in part, tounge in cheek, while Reine was replacing a broken string. Snah on vocals.

Thomas up front together with rest of the band.

Setlist:

Whip that ghost

Überwagner incl the pilgrim

Black magic woman

The magpie

Hell, pt 1-3

Lady May

The United debased

Dreamhome

Greener

Lurker

Juergen
      Participant

Thank you!!

Black Magic Woman (Fleetwood Mac) has only been played three times in 1997 so far. It is really a surprise that the band digged this song out after 25 years.

https://mpdb.space/?fwp_songs=109

ThorEgil
        Participant

There is a concert review in Harstad Tidende today. It's behind paywall, but the Headline is "A rock monster" and the dice shows 5.

I suppose we can guess the rest. :MPD:

Spacebandit
          Participant

90 minutes curfew…sigh…lat time I experienced that at Burg Herzberg 2018. The show was cut shorter as the band before (some german languaged Hip-Hop crap) demanded 20+ minutes. A desaster for me, as I left the TUSMOERKE show on the other stage earlier to save a good view in front row. Brrrrr…

Festivals + MP? Maybe Krach am Bach, but that is a different story as well.

dongonz
            Participant

Hahaha, Spacebandit, the Name of the Hiphop Band was Käptn Peng and they are actually one of the good ones. And … they had like 3 times as much fans as MP around on this very evening. After his concert he said sth. like (in german): Ok, you all have to stay here, because now the Best Band in the World … unfortunatly ^^ is coming on stage: Motorpsycho. Also it was a really really good MP concert. I was standing in the first row and i liked it very much. they never play a full MP Set on Herzberg. Way too long for a festival.

fillmore
              Participant

Incidentally Käptn Peng & Die Tentakel von Delphi also performed at Herzberg Festival 2018 in the very slot before Motorpsycho on the same stage. I heard them from afar and liked them enough, but it's also not true Hip Hop, it's jazzy and kinda watered down, perfect summer vibes. Singer is a famous actor. A 90 minute slot for MP at a festival that caters to the general music fan, while certainly too short for us, seems appropriate, it's long enough to demonstrate what's all about and certainly long enough to slip in a few hits if they were so inclined ;-)

the conscience
                Participant

I was there, too. Never heard of Peng before, but liked it very much. Very good songs, very good and funny lyrics, very good support, very different to MP. Perfect for a tolerant psychonaut, before his fafourite band enter the stage. :)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994