i talked 2 god&he told me-to tell u the following news:new album&tour spring2013

Home Forums General i talked 2 god&he told me-to tell u the following news:new album&tour spring2013

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 126 total)
  • Author
    ThorEgil
    Participant

@deusvlc – Two swedes?

Apart from that we completely agree about Dungen. Amazing lot.

deusvlc
      Participant

:roll: oops my mistake, don't know why I wrote that yersterday, thinking Kenneth as a swede… maybe some side project or something i read all mixed up.

otherdemon
        Participant

According to a source on Twitter who's heard the album, the song August is a cover of the old Love (with Arthur Lee) classic. If it's true, I'm looking forward to hearing a furious Snah/Fiske guitar workout on that one :D

Mark
          Participant

Guys, when the album is released, please try to refrain from using words like "crisp" and "superb", ok? Tx!

supernaut
            Participant

why not? and what words will be allowed?

Elvin
              Participant

What´s wrong with "crisp"? I think that´s a rather superb word.

August: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zY8rkJ2uWHE

ThorEgil
                Participant

Some have received the album already – Sid Smith

otherdemon
                  Participant

Pre-order @ Stickman started today.

ThorEgil
                    Participant

Another nice tweet from the venerable Sid Smith today:

"Kenneth Kapstad seems to play drums on most things I listen to these days." :cheers:

Eggplant-Spoiler:

Hell Part 1-3 is Clog Parade (played for example in Duesseldorf 2011 sung by Snah)

now mainly sung by Bent

part 3 is different now

and yes, August is the Love-Cover

Uh… I have it as "Dog Parade" actually… It opened Duesseldorf 17-10-2011 and was played between Leslie's Vest and Serpentine the night after in Osnabrueck… anyone with a recording of that?

Love's August is GREAT!!! I really hope it's that cover, so then we also have a Traffic and a Genesis cover :)

supernaut
                      Participant

oh Dog Parade is amazing. I was hoping for that one to be included. There's a torrent around from Osnabrück. I haven't known that Love track before, it's a wild freak out, curious what the boys will make of it. Probably won't be very different, though.

boomer former helm
                        Participant

you can find the recording of osnabrück on dimeadozen. the song was great. surprised us all and is really fucking great buildup and melody.

otherdemon
                          Participant

Rune Grammofon preview:

How do you follow up such an artistically and commercially successful venture as ”The Death Defying Unicorn”? First of all by just being Motorpsycho, a band that for close to 25 years have done whatever they want to without considering trends, career moves or expectations.

For ”Still Life With Eggplant” they assembled some 20 songs of what Bent Sæther calls ”other music”, simply songs from the last three years that didn´t suit the Unicorn but refused to be ignored. In October the band entered Brygga Studio in Trondheim for the first time in many, many moons, this being the studio where they recorded a few of their first albums (“Soothe”, “Demon Box” and “Timothy's Monster”) some twenty years ago.

This time the core trio was augumented by guitarist Reine Fiske. Best known for his work in Swedish psych-combos Dungen and The Amazing, Reine is an old acquaintance of the band, and his recent exploits with Ståle Storløkken's Elephant9 made the pairing seem like a potentially interesting one for Motorpsycho as well. The fruits of Reine's involvement, as presented on this album, speak for themselves: his fingerpicking dexterity on the acoustic guitar provides both “Barleycorn” and the old Love chestnut “August” with a solid organic bed for the musical escapades of the other three, and on “The Afterglow” his tasteful guitar shadings and mellotron work adds immensly to the mood of the song.

Also available on black vinyl and as a limited white vinyl edition.

supernaut
                            Participant
                              Quote:
                              First of all by just being Motorpsycho

how true. :)

the preview isn't very revealing though…

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 126 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994