Leizpig, Conne Island 07-06-2010

Home Forums General Leizpig, Conne Island 07-06-2010

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 94 total)
  • Author
    otherdemon
    Participant

Actually I thought that the reaction was somewhat appropriate. The reason: He only punished the one individual who was blatantly ruining TGC for everyone.

If Bent’d have yelled something like “thanks a lot for singing out of tune during an instrumental section, you fucking douchebag”, that could’ve killed the mood and atmosphere for approx. everyone present.

It would of course be a different matter if Bent jumped into the crowd and beat the guy in the head with his bass-guitar (like he did back in the old punk-days :lol: )

Yep, that’s behaving like a kid but that’s what most musicians are, just kids.

I don’t want to speak to all of them but the most that I got to know never really had an everyday job where you have to go EVERYDAY and pay attention to some rules or otherwise you are fired. They act like kids not being able to handle their emotions in critical situations because they never had to. Spitting on someone is ugly and stupid and shouldn’t be done.

Der Klügere gibt nach.

Sorry, this had to be said.

dongonz
      Participant

well at first…. it was a great show. i was at the gig in berlin too but this one in Leipzig was even more incredible. It was the best singing of the guys i’ve ever heard.

and now some words about the incident… i’am very dissapointed that bent did such a crap. don’t get me wrong, i’m from leipzig and here are a lot of punk concerts. if a musician of a punk band is spitting at the audiance its ok, because its what punks do. but until this point i thought motorpsycho aren’t punks (anymore). hey, that are the guys i would like to go on holydays with. i must say i’m shocked… because of someone in the audience who sang in the wrong moment and in the wrong tune? hey, since when they are on the road? 21 years? they had to get used to this….

….. so… this was my mustard ;)

nevertheless… I love their music and I hope, that this was an exception…

supernaut
        Participant

Otherdemon has a very valid point imho. And if you’re really annoyed and disgusted by someone’s behaviour, you might rather spit on him than get into an argument, because then you’d show him some respect but you probably already lost it by then. It’s a natural irrational thing. I’m not excusing anything but it’s so easy to point fingers. It’s just what Camus said, when you look into the mirror in the morning, you don’t know if you go to bed in the evening as a killer. Or something like that… Everyone’s flawed. Still I’d be shocked for a moment if I got spat on. I’d never shout along The Golden Core but the singer might miss and hit me instead. So… anything’s possible.

Bent really hit a guy with his bass? Don’t underestimate viking heritage… :lol:

Friends don’t let friends drink & sing along to the Golden Core

:MPD:

supernaut
          Participant

lol, amen to that.

IMHO. Bent can spit on me anyday!

TAF
            Participant

Please don’t elaborate. :P

GBD
              Participant

Huh! How childish and unprofessional! My Bass (and overall musical)god just got a huge bump in his halo. Would never have thought that he’d be able to do such a stupid and insensitive thing like this. God damn it. There will always be drunken madness at a concert in one way or another, being singing morons, or some dancing freaks. But NOTHING justifies spitting at the very audience that loves your music, and reacts acordingly (Not everybody gets the whole “Quiet as a mouse” thing. And they shouldn’t have to pay such a huge and sticky price for reacting in a different way)

So Bent…if you’re reading this…..Smelling the stink yet? Cus i can see your head dissapearing up your own ass! Get a fucking grip man!

1/10

otherdemon
                Participant
                  Quote:
                  Bent really hit a guy with his bass? Don’t underestimate viking heritage…

If you check out Dampsaba, there are some hilarious notes on some of the early setlists there :lol:

Actually I’m in a way glad that something like this happened. Just shows that they are humans who make mistakes, just like the rest of us.

supernaut
                  Participant

my words, man.

haven’t found anything violent in Dampsaba yet, but this from Bergen ’94:

Quote:
                    i wasn’t there, but i read a newspaper’s review of it, where they said bent had become so emotional about one of the songs that he just stood on the stage crying as he played. says all about motorpsycho! you cannot help but love a group with that kind of attitude and feelings towards their work.

aaawwww….. :D

Un.Chien.d.Espace
                    Participant

wtf….are here really guys who are defending bent’s behaviour?

something like this should happen to you, then you would think twice about this unbelivable shit.

this is really disappointing bent.

fillmore
                      Participant

From Dampsaba:

Frankfurt 1993:

No Encores: Deathprod collapsed

Marburg 1993:

At this point Snah & Deathprod are fighting onstage, and Bent decides it’s time to stagedive and hey, pronto chips his tooth real bad. That was the end of that gig!

Oslo 1993:

Notes indicate only half of it played. I seem to remember that excessive stage diving stopped at least one song.

Berlin 1993:

This was when Geb jumped off stage and stepped on a broken glass. He had to sew up the mess, and walk on crutches for a couple of weeks. This is the reason why the following gigs were cancelled.

Must have been a wild year! Can’t find anythig about Bent hitting someone though…

RvL

I always thought of MP as a sympathetic, likable band.

Especially Geb used to contribute to the image/feeling.

It probably is one of the reasons why it’s always a pleasure seeing them.

But now, reading about Bent’s action, I can’t help but feel quite disappointed..

(long live the internet..! :-/)

GBD
                          Participant

otherdemon; They’ve always been human. No “primadonna” bullshit at all, which i’ve always admired and respected. But this shit is pretty damn primal behaviour if you ask me. The more i think about it, the more dissapointed i get! Shame on you Bent! Not cool at all!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 94 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994