Morgenbladet Top 100 Best Norwegian Albums Of All Time

Home Forums General Morgenbladet Top 100 Best Norwegian Albums Of All Time

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Vegard B. Havdal
    Keymaster

Yeah, Demon Box at 21, which means they think there have been 20 albums released in Norway that are better than Demon Box. This is not true; these people are idiots.

The wind blows the hair from your face

as you're waiting by the porch on this july sunny day

I can see from the look in your eyes that you're worried

Will he come today?

This shit here gentlemen, is a lyric. Cheers everyone.

Idiots? Well, no. It's been a vote, and MP will probably have five albums on the list. More than anyone else – if not Garbarek has three on top 17.

kjellepelle
      Participant

I cant see why they are idiots? 100 artist choose what THEY think is the 10 best norwegian records, I see Bent is one of those. Love it or just don't care its the list. You will never agree but such is life

otherdemon
        Participant

Yeah, I don't really see why they're idiots, either. It's the opinion of 100 artists. And you know what they say about opinions. :lol:

But then again, I think DB is overrated and don't deserve a spot in the top 10. So #21 is more appropriate (even though Blissard should've been ahead)

I also dig the concept of Morgenbladet arranging concerts with some of the bands/artists. I for one really want to see Midnight Choir's Amsterdam Stranded. So I might just buy a ticket for that one.

Vegard B. Havdal
          Keymaster

Besides, didn't they have one of the Vømmøl-albums at 90-something? Excuse me…

Being a bit of an amateur when it comes to Norwegian music (MP aside I have Quiet Is The New Loud, On Your Side and Serena Maneesh from the list so far), I spent a few pounds on Warszawa and it's pretty awesome.

I'm actually looking forward to what's in the Top 20 simply so I can find some more albums to get.

Elvin
            Participant

Though I don´t agree with alot of it (my top ten would probalby just be mp albums anyways, doh) I love lists and this one in particular I find very interresting. Great to se so many MP albums on it, and as pointed out before, I guess they do steal points from eachother. Looks like deathprod will end up with lots of records on the list (both as producer and musician)

kjellepelle
              Participant

This is a list to go check out what you havent heard, rediscover old stuf you havent heard in a long time, a 100 hundred norwegian artists CAN be wrong, make you own list.

I'm tempted to use the old Cr@ss slogan: "There is no authority but yourself" here :wink:

ThorEgil
                Participant

The top 10 from Bent is published.

supernaut
                  Participant

Bent is a funny man.

Googlin'n'youtubin' brought me to Min Bul's "I Cried A Million Tears Last Night" and woah I like that!

kjesso
                    Participant

Now it's just getting silly.

I haven't read today's Morgenbladet yet, I'm in a hotel in Stavanger, but according to Robert Hoftun Gjerstad, a rather frustrated journalist in Aftenposten, Timothy's is not even in the top ten. He's written a short article about how unbelievable it is that a glorious album that contains the two best songs ever written (his words – Leave it like that [!] and The Golden Core) isn't rated higher by other musicians.

I'm not even sure if I want to know what album is top of the list now. By looking at the musician's top ten, that Morgenbladet keeps publishing, it wouldn't surprise me if a-has debut album, Hunting High and Low, will top the list. Hopefully Juba Juba, another album on very many top ten lists, will be rated higher.

ThorEgil
                      Participant

Spoiler alert – According to Adressa Timothy is at no. 13. Motorpsycho received most votes, the problem is that they are too good, and have made too many great albums – so the votes got spread around.

the funny thing is that it all started with a wish to write a book about Motorpsycho. Then the gentlemen behind the plan decided that one book was to little, and got this list idea so they could write books about the top ten albums…

Elvin
                        Participant

Well they´ve asked all kind of muscians, old, young, rappers, rockers, people with horribel taste, rockstars who vote for them self, Bent etc. Can´t expect them all be into MP (Thank the gods). If it was mainly 30-40 year old nerds who voted, I guess MP would have more then one LP in the top ten :wink:

otherdemon
                          Participant

Yeah, sad but true. That's the curse you get when you have several classic albums: The votes get spread around, instead of getting concentrated on that one special album.

But Timmy should've made the top 10, at least.

The top 10? Block To Block, Materialtretthet, Kjøtt 12", Hunting High & Low, Fairytales are pretty much "bankers". Suser Avgårde and Juba Juba are contenders too. And with the exception of Hunting High & Low, all of those bands/artists are basically one-hit wonders who made that one remarkable album they could never top later.

But the biggest disappointment is that it looks like Junipher Greene's Friendship and NO Prudence albums at all will be in the top 10. That is a godamn travesty imo!

Vegard B. Havdal
                            Keymaster

TNT – Knights Of The New Thunder should list, probably won't.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994