Motorpsycho – Behind The Sun (new album 2014)

Home Forums General Motorpsycho – Behind The Sun (new album 2014)

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 288 total)
  • Author
    supernaut
    Participant

Agree with TU having the best sound but couldn't really point out the worst. I wish LLM and the Unicorn would sound clearer with the drums more upfront.

My other other hero John Paul Jones producing them, that's what I'd love to hear! That great Trust Us album does have a Physical Graffiti vibe for me already.

odindahle
      Participant

Steven Wilson mix of Little Lucid Moments would be insane!

Or Steven Wilson as producer and choirboy ;)

Tracklist for "Behind the sun", acording to Platekompaniet:

Cloudwalker (A darker blue)

Ghost

On a plate

The promise

Kvæstor (incl: Where greyhounds dare)

Hell, pt.4-6 (traitor, the tapestry, swiss cheese mountain)

Entropy

The magic & the Wonder (A love theme)

Hell, pt.7 (Victim of rock)

Swiss cheese mountiain??? Didn't they play a song what that name a few times in 1997?

otherdemon
        Participant

Looks like all of the new songs except Forget It (or changed title?) made the record.

Excited about the Hell-sequels. And also about MP's definition of a "love theme" :lol:

They actually also played a song called Swiss Cheese Mountain a couple times back in 1997. It's referred to as a version of Mountain, but after hearing the Rome '97 bootleg, I doubt it. Sounded more like a very early version of Star Star Star.

I'm not less excited now! On the contrary.

fillmore
          Participant

Hell pt. 4-7!!! :-)

supernaut
            Participant

I remember hearing them sing Swiss Cheese Mountain over a stomping sludgy riff at a 97 soundcheck. Later I thought it might have been an early version of The Other Other Fool when I heard that one on RW1. But all too long ago to be sure.

otherdemon
              Participant
                Quote:
                I remember hearing them sing Swiss Cheese Mountain over a stomping sludgy riff at a 97 soundcheck. Later I thought it might have been an early version of The Other Other Fool when I heard that one on RW1. But all too long ago to be sure.

Yeah, I couldn't describe it any better than that. Remember it being a sludgy monotone riff in either D or E while they "sang" SWISS….CHEESE….MOUNTAIN in a talking way. Unfortunately I deleted the Rome '97 bootleg from my hard drive because the sound left a lot to be desired. Slightly regret it now :(

It would be hilarious if they resurrected that old song as well, when they did the same with On A Plate.

Krist Rampage
                Participant
                  Quote:
                  They had spawned the deadening, self-gratifying effects of d’Twerk and the narcotic, emotional stranglehold of the s-Elfie, and these evils combined seemed to hold a sway over the younglings that nulled the effects that the glorious keening of the Atonians and the mighty friendly fog of the Weedians once brought to the table.

Cool that they mention the Weedians. A reference to [url=http://http://weedianofnazareth.tumblr.com/]Sleep[/url]? What to make of that? A druggy album? Heavy stoner?

I am, as always, looking forward to this release! I love the teaser. Cool that they're making a music video as well. It's about time! I looks like this is a somewhat bigger release promo wise than the last few records. That only makes me expect more from this one.

I wonder why the vinyl i some much more expensive than the cd edition. Konkurrent (Dutch distributor) has the [url=http://http://www.konkurrent.nl/winkel/produkt/motorpsycho_behind_the_sun_4046661335217/]vinyl[/url] listed for 27,90, while the cd costs 16,50. That is one big difference. I wonder what makes the vinyl edition so special that is costs this much more than the cd.

ThorEgil
                  Participant

It's supposedly 1 1/2 lp with an etching on the spare side, and including a cd. That might account for some price difference.

ThorEgil
                    Participant

Comment from Sid Smith on the new album:

"Playing it now – sounding great so far; like Still Life With Eggplant's unfinished business."

supernaut
                      Participant

I guess the CD included with the vinyl is simply the album's CD edition?

I hope it's not a heavy stoner record. Way too many of those around.

That Maiden-reference turns out to be a great marketing trick =p Lots of interviews with Kenneth about his love for the band.

marc
                        Participant
                          nicoot
                          Participant

Well that sounded pretty friggin' damn awesome!! 8O

Haha that last track (Hell pt 7) sounded completely over the top :twisted:

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 288 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994