Motorpsycho feat. Ståle Storløkken @ Nidarosdomen, Trondheim 02.11.2011

Home Forums General Motorpsycho feat. Ståle Storløkken @ Nidarosdomen, Trondheim 02.11.2011

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    Vegard B. Havdal
    Keymaster

Great review Rolf, let me just add some bits about the lights: He had the light design very neatly aligned to the famous large stained glass window, and the pipes of the organ. It was so incredibly well done, I frankly couldn't believe it took place in little Trondheim. Also strong flashlights or something along the walls of the cathedral for the amazing thunderstorm effect.

Rave review w/pic: http://www.adressa.no/kultur/article1720977.ece

ThorEgil
      Participant

A beautiful review for a totally amazing concert.

The only thing I want to add about this truly Once in a Lifetime Experience is the spectacular light show by Pekka Stokke. He lighted up the whole western wall above the organ. It was built around the large circular Rose window at the top of the wall and the organ pipes at the bottom, with individual illumination of each single organ pipe as well as the surrounding columns in the room. He made the window look like a pulsating lens and after a while the organ pipes started moving around. Indescribable.

He has worked with Motorpsycho before and published some of his things on Vimeo. I certainly hope he will do it this time as well.

Looking forward to the recording :-)

ThorEgil
        Participant

Oh, and from Adressa – the pre concert interview

The concert review

and the after concert interview

fillmore
          Participant

Just wow!

Elvin
            Participant

Rolf, your review gave me goodbumps. Thanks! Wish I could have experienced this.

Roadworks please!

this would make for a nice companion to SUNN 0)))s "domkirke"

Elvin
              Participant

(double post)

boomer former helm
                Participant

wow…

otherdemon
                  Participant

A preview-video here with musical snippets incl. 30/30:

Preview/Interview

Funny trivia: Snah unregistered from being a member of the Norwegian State Church shortly before they got the offer to play Nidarosdomen :lol:

Ratmaus
                    Participant

Can anyone translate/sum up what's being said in the video? I got goosebumps just from watching the rehearsal/soundcheck… can't wait until this one pops up on dime. Or even… Roadworks Vol. 5 ftw.

boomer former helm
                      Participant

and of course that makes me much more excited about the new album. january as mentioned in the interview…

otherdemon
                        Participant

Cliffnotes: The venue dictated what MP & Ståle could play, because of the extreme 8-10 second echo inside Nidarosdomen. So they had to slow things down, no "fast-fast punk" quote Bent.

Ståle said that he is really fond of "strange & seemingly impossible projects".

Snah only said the thing I mentioned in my previous post :D

Bent again: "It's abstract sound research". Use the venue for what it's worth, so they put up extra drums and amps 150 metres away from where they were performing, to get a fuller sound.

Thanks, otherdemon :) god, I'm so jealous. I'd be very interested in seeing that double neck guitar too :D

surftex
                          Participant

Hi Rolf, thanks for your great review. I got goosebumps while reading….

Also thanks for recording it. Can't wait to listen to…..

supernaut
                            Participant
                              Quote:
                              Rolf, your review gave me goodbumps. Thanks! Wish I could have experienced this.

Roadworks please!

My words, man. And 30/30??? I don't believe it! And a double neck!

can't wait for the recording.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 99 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994