"MOTORPSYCHO IN SPAIN 2002 REVISITED" by Anders Danielsen

Home Forums General "MOTORPSYCHO IN SPAIN 2002 REVISITED" by Anders Danielsen

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    fillmore
    Participant

MOTORPSYCHO IN SPAIN 2002 REVISITED

by Anders Danielsen

read it here

A comprehensive tour report about MOTORPSYCHO in Spain 2002 including setlists, recordings info, mp3s, pictures, an interview with Bent and more. Brought to you by Motorgigs.

Enjoy!

supernaut
      Participant

great stuff. have yet to listen to the mp3s.

but here's a nerdy correction:

Quote:
        then a visit to Rote Fabrik in Zürich, where they had not played since the “Demon Box”-tour of 1993. Back then they had played in the café, this time they played in the biggest hall out of three or four. We had some food in the café, and it was very strange and very interesting for a psychonaut in his prime to sit there and imagine how the heavy sounds of “Home Of The Brave” must have devastated the place, encapsulating it in smoke from a broken smoke machine that would not stop until it was empty.

Besides that café, the Rote Fabrik has 2 concert halls and on this 2002 tour Motorpsycho played in the smaller one of those. I've been at that gig but I haven't seen them in 93 (but a few weeks afterwards a buddy, who was at that show, played the Demon Box album to me and turned me into a motorpsychonaut on the spot).

Said café has seen a lot of loud bands, before and after MP, and Monolithic just played there a few months ago. MP themselves played Zurich only once more in 1996 at another venue. Nobody else books them. Crappy town.

The Other Anders
        Participant

Thanks for the correction, supernaut! I don't think it can get too nerdy, btw. Alex, feel free to correct the text.

so, zürich is a crappy town, huh?

what about those people here trying to rip their asses off for some subcultcha in the secret capital of cocaine? people flying in small indie psychedelic bands at their own cost?

people trying to get in touch with mp to get them another show here and not getting any kind of answer. not from their official booking agency for d-a-ch as either?

jtr
          Participant

i'll have to read this in full later, but it seems to be very cool. from that last photo i instantly recognized four people, and i havent really toured that much "with" mp (its 2004, hamburg-duisburg-köln & mp 2006, copenhagen-hamburg-berlin-münster).

supernaut
            Participant

@miss_t

I've been a Zurich based musician for 20 years now, thank you. And there sure are harder places on this planet to get a subculture going than here. Don't get so fired up about words on the internet.

"Crappy town" I wrote because nobody of the clubs books MP, if they even know them. Thanks to the gods of guitarmusic for our "frenchies" beyond the röschtigraben. And for Winterthur. The agency (and a band after 20 working years) probably just deals directly with club managers to maintain a professional level. I fully understand this. This is about money and business. Might be a bad thing for some romantic mindsets among the indie scene.

Mascotte, Zurich, Tuesday 26 April…VOIVOOOOOOOD!

:finger:

supernaut
              Participant

yeah I might go too. I have never seen them and it's the only metal band I like (I don't consider Tool and Helmet as metal…)

and Boris will play the Rote Fabrik on june 30th.

Great read, thanks!

supernaut, definitely a must-see! there will be at least two psychonauts travelling to Zurich tomorrow :-)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994