Motorpsycho live 2018

Home Forums General Motorpsycho live 2018

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 204 total)
  • Author
    Tomcat
    Participant

That's my hoping as well: checking out some of the rare Trust Us tracks to be ready to play the complete piece in April :oops:

Punj Lizard
      Participant

That would be sweet. Trust Us is easily among my favourite MP albums. I've been thinking the last couple of days of starting an appreciation thread. But also hoping there's an anniversary boxset like those released so far…

otherdemon
        Participant

@Tomcat: Yeah, it baffles me that some of the Trust Us tracks are so rarely played.

Sure, VS, Taifun, Superstooge & Hey Jane have been played frequently. But songs like Psychonaut, Ocean In Her Eye & 577 haven't exactly been played to death over the years. Not to mention Ozone, Evernine and Radiance Freq. which hasn't been played since '98…

Especially Radiance Freq. could be a monster live, especially if they have K.Lo on keyboards + additional guitar. Just sayin' :lol:

Johnny_Heartfield
          Participant

Ocean in her eye was played now and then over the years. Last time I personally heard it live was at the brilliant Darmstadt gig in 2013. 577 used to figure regularly in 2001 and 2002 setlists. Some tunes didn't work live as they did on record – especially Ozone or Evernine. Psychonaut was always a difficult beast live – sometimes it was sheer bliss, sometimes it turned out as an almost unrecognizable piece of acoustic mud. I like the spring 2002 versions though. There are also a few excellent Mantrick Muffin Stomps from that tour.

Radiance Freq. has been one of my alltime MP favourites on record and should be revived again live. Urgently awaited. Just try it, guys…

Probably instead of Plan #1, whis Has been played to death over the years – though still o.k. for me.

Darmok
            Participant

Do you think that there are still some dates to add to the tour or is that it? It'd be strange for them to miss Italy entirely…

Johnny_Heartfield
              Participant

Don't think this is actually a regular tour. Just spending a year between studio albums by filling in some missing regions and playing some festival gigs. And hopefully getting another Roadwork album ready in between.

There'll probably be a full tour in late autumn, but I rather doubt it. Probably just festivals this year after the spring gigs.

otherdemon
                Participant

@Johhny_Heartfield: Yeah, this is not a regular tour. They said that the Demon Box crowdfunding would go straight into recording the new album (majority of it already written, apparently). So I guess they'll spend summer/autumn recording instead of touring.

Would be great if they preview some of the new stuff live!

Hey, I know I am not allowed to share this, but I also know that everybody here would be really happy to know, so… the inside-information I got is that MP will play the sunday (22th july) at WTTV in Leeuwarden. If this message gets me in trouble, just remove it.

Tomcat
                  Participant

Another ugly update :wink:

2018-03-06 AT Vienna, Arena (tickets)

2018-03-07 HUN Budapest, A38 Hajó

2018-03-08 SVN Ljubljana, Channel Zero

2018-03-09 SRB Belgrade, Dom omladine

2018-03-10 ROU Timisoara, Reflektor

2018-04-14 NO Oslo, Røverstaden (sold out)

2018-04-17 BE Liege, Reflektor (tickets)

2018-04-18 NL Alkmaar, Victorie (tickets)

2018-04-20 NL Tilburg, Roadburn Festival (tickets)

2018-04-21 LU Esch-sur-Alzette, Out of That Crowd festival (tickets)

2018-06-08 NO Moss, Lyse Netter Festival

2018-06-30 NO Stokkøya, Stokkøya Festival

2018-07-22 NL Leeuwarden, Welcome to the Village Festival (tickets)

2018-07-26 DE Düsseldorf, Zakk (tickets)

2018-07-27 DE Breitenbach am Herzberg, Burg Herzberg Festival (tickets)

2018-11-09/10 DE Wangels, Rolling Stoned Weekender (sold out)

2018-11-16/17 DE Rost, Rolling Stoned Park

Punj Lizard
                    Participant

Are you sure about Sziget? Someone posted that on Facebook but it was an ad from last year. It fooled me until I suddenly noticed it said 2017 on it.

Tomcat
                      Participant

My bad, you're right – it's the wrong year! (Where is my mind…)

Punj Lizard
                        Participant

@ Tomcat lol I nearly did the same thing. I even started writing a post here. But before posting I went to the Sziget website, looked through the band listing, but no MP. I still checked the details of price, location etc. Then I went back to Facebook and suddenly noticed the date on the ad. 2017. Ha ha.

ThorEgil
                          Participant

2018-07-21 NO Molde Jazz festival – with Kristoffer and Ola Kvernberg(!!) – https://www.moldejazz.no/2018/Motorpsycho

The Other Anders
                            Participant

2018-04-14 NO Oslo, Røverstaden (sold out)

2018-04-17 BE Liege, Reflektor (tickets)

2018-04-18 NL Alkmaar, Victorie (tickets)

2018-04-20 NL Tilburg, Roadburn Festival (tickets)

2018-04-21 LU Esch-sur-Alzette, Out of The Crowd festival (tickets)

2018-06-08 NO Moss, Lyse Netter Festival (tickets)

2018-06-30 NO Stokkøya, Stokkøya Festival (tickets)

2018-07-21 NO Molde, Molde Jazz w/Kristoffer Lo and Ola Kvernberg (tickets)

2018-07-22 NL Leeuwarden, Welcome to the Village Festival (tickets)

2018-07-26 DE Düsseldorf, Zakk (tickets)

2018-07-27 DE Breitenbach am Herzberg, Burg Herzberg Festival (tickets)

2018-11-09/10 DE Wangels, Rolling Stoned Weekender (sold out)

2018-11-16/17 DE Rost, Rolling Stoned Park

TraktorBass
                              Participant

Moldejazz doesn’t seem too confident about this gig:

«Det er ingen grunn til å ikke tro at Motorpsycho, Lo og Kvernberg kommer til å gjøre skam på sine respektive live-rykter. »

Double negatives are hard :lol:

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 204 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994