Motorpsycho live 2019

Home Forums General Motorpsycho live 2019

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 311 total)
  • Author
    pfnuesel
    Participant

lol, love that edit. Londoners are lucky, to witness something like that. Assuming you like acoustic sets as much as I do, because I, too, believe it will be an acoustic set.

Too bad it's announced so late. The double pack of "normal" show and instore gig would have been worth a travel, I believe, but I'm old, and not as spontaneous as I used to be.

fillmore
      Participant

Absolutely, this would have been worth a trip to London indeed but alas too late, all travel plans already finalised. Damn! See you in Copenhagen and Hamburg this week :MPD:

Punj Lizard
        Participant

@pfnuesel and fillmore – It's worth keeping in mind that the London show, as it was in 2017, will be a shorter than "normal" show, as the band will have a support. Although I can't find the link to the announcement right now, the venue has already stated that MP will play a 2 hour show. So I expect 2 hours electric on Friday and then an acoustic set on Saturday. So the gig plus the in-store appearance will, in musical terms, add up to a "normal" show. It's the see-your-heroes-in-an-intimate-atmosphere-with-the-possibiity-of-rubbing-shoulders-with-them aspect of the in-store event that really makes this something more to look forward to. I wish you guys could've made it.

Holle
          Participant

Many greetings to all those who may experience the upcoming spring tour. Due to an accident in April I am not able to attend and have to miss Hamburg, Leuwen and Hannover. With luck I can be back in Reutlingen. Have fun!

Tomcat
            Participant

Snah bless the Psychonaut 8)

That acoustic gig means that the guys most likely will have their (full) acoustic equipment with them, may it be used also for the "general" shows :MPD:

Punj Lizard
              Participant

Three days until the London show. Fingers crossed for Gullible's Travails – especially for a friend who'll be attending his first MP gig and considers it probably his favourite MP track.

And why on earth has nobody come forward with last night's (Aarhus) setlist?

@Holle – Sorry you can't make your shows – get well soon.

@Punj – This just out on MPs IG:

oh, and for all those out there who are into the statitics of it all:

t-man, other fool > om riff > alchemyst, stardust, the C,

greener, p-tzar > hogwash

> bartok, lux // the T

s_edelman
                Participant

Triggerman 😎 fun!

supernaut
                  Participant

"om riff"?

Punj Lizard
                    Participant

@Bartok – Thanks so much. Om Riff? Brilliant! :D :D :D

@supernaut – Gong / Hillage :D

Steve Hillage – The Glorious Om Riff

boomer former helm
                      Participant

wow, "…om riff" really??? one of my absolute favourites from that wonderful band. hope they keep it till hamburg. oh man, can't wait!!!

Punj Lizard
                        Participant

Somone has posted on Facebook the typed out setlist for last night. Two differences: the typed list does not include the Om Riff, but it does include A Pacific Sonata. Geeks like me need clarification and confirmation. ;)

@punj : I guess the IG comment is correct as it must have been posted by Bent, today ✌️ But any reports from the gig would be nice!

Didn’t know about the Om riff before your link, sounds great! Lucky you who will see this tour, amazing setlists. The Other Fool seems to be a standard for this tour – interesting. A forgotten gem IMO, will be nice to hear how it develops during the tour.

Motorpsychedelic Clips : Bring it on! You’re doing great work! Can’t wait to keep up w everything. 2019 is indeed another good MP-year, and it’s just starting ✨

Punj Lizard
                          Participant

@Bartok – Yeah I was thinking the same – but it's easy to forget something when writing a list, so I'm hoping there's confirmation from someone else who was there, or a recording ;)

EDIT: Steve Hillage is one of my all-time favourite artists, both for his work in Gong and solo (though I'm not so keen on all his System 7 work). He recently decided to put a band together (which actually comprises the current members of Gong – of which he is no longer a member [are you confused yet?]) to tour his old solo material, and it's quite likely he'll be playing The Glorious Om Riff at some point on that tour. I have tickets to see him in London on 8 June. I actually have two spare tickets if anyone's interested.

The riff of The Glorious Om Riff originally appeared in Gong's brilliant track Master Builder. Here you go:

Gong – Master Builder

✨ WOW ✨

This is great stuff, thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 311 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994