Motorpsycho Live 2021

Home Forums General Motorpsycho Live 2021

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 103 total)
  • Author
    Juergen
    Participant

Are there still any restrictions like reduced capacities, distances or a duty to wear a mask on indoor Events in Norway? Or is it a duty being vaccinated?

tkm
      Participant

And more tickets to the blitz gigs

ThorEgil
        Participant

@Juergen – With a valid EU Digital COVID certificate (you are fully vaccinated or have survived Covid-19) you can enter Norway without hassle. If you are not vaccinated and coming from a "red" country there will be quarantine. See here for details – https://www.regjeringen.no/en/aktuelt/changes-to-entry-restrictions-for-several-countries-and-areas4/id2872566/

Also see here – https://reopen.europa.eu/en/from-to/DEU/NOR

Once you have crossed the border everything is pretty much back to normal. Events are back to full capacity, no national Covid restrictions.

Juergen
          Participant

@ ThorEgil: Thank you!

How lucky you Norwegians are!

If you are looking on the websites of German indoor venues then you will notice that (almost) every show is postponed to next year. We have the rule "fully vaccinated or having surved Covid-19", too but the promoters are still uncertain to use it.

JERO
            Participant

The CRAVING !!!…still no MP dates in Europe outside Norway (and apart from the desertfest)and I guess I'm not the only fanatic checking this every single day. Sometimes it's hard to even keep the faith it will ever happen again; having my body and soul cleansed by that lovely wall of sound. Next friday I'll be in Belgium to attend the Magma gig (Leuven, still tickets available, I believe, it's at 'Het Depot'), and I can't even believe that it's going to happen yet, but if it does, it will be a fulfilling of one of my lifes wishes (never seen them in concert before). But, you know, Magma may be my nr.2, MP still remains my nr. 1 ! (if you're curious, nr. 3 would be Wire !)

supernaut
              Participant

Seen Wire once. They were good!

And it will happen again. Different circumstances, surely, but I'm positive about it. :D

Punj Lizard
                Participant

@JERO My last MP show was at Het Depot, May 2019 and just before that at Groningen with you! And last week I bought tickets to see Magma at both their London shows next year. They are magnificent in concert and I gather the new line-up is killing it. Like you, I check here every day in restless anticipation and hope of some MP shows in Belgium, Netherlands, Germany. Next spring maybe? I don't expect one in the UK, but that's ok. Anywhere not far from the Euostar will do.

JERO
                  Participant

@supernaut; yes, with Wire you never know what you're going to get, like with MP, might be something totally unheard of or recalibrated back catalogue, love the creativity and stubbornness of it.

@Punj Lizard; here's a link to a recent Magma performance, I'm amazed they still find new ways to perform MDK after 1.000.000 times and versions in a fresh way, this time very subtle and precise I find: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o58rJCtEi4

And somewhere in the future, I hope very much to meet up with you again at an MP gig, my friend!Meanwhile we have to take this opportunity to practice patience,…..some more.

suntripper
                    Participant

@JERO – Thanks so much for the excellent Magma link. You're going to love the gig, I hope. I saw them a few years ago at the Festival Hall in London. [EDIT Correction – it was the Barbican, along with the intriguing Chrome Hoof.] Amazing! For anyone still struggling with Magma, you HAVE to see this. Is there a finer live moment ever captured in a TV studio?

You might be interested to know that my 1, 2, 3 goes: Yes, Motorpsycho, Magma. As for Wire, I have most of their stuff. I saw them around 1987 when I was really into that run of albums, The Ideal Copy, A Bell Is a Cuo…Until It Is Struck and It's Beginning to and Back Again (quite poppy and commercial stuff, but still inventive – sadly underrated). To be honest, although they were pretty good that day, they're not the first band you'd rush to see live – especially these days – and probably wouldn't be so appreciated by most Psychonauts, I'm guessing, so maybe it's just us!

[EDIT Check out the recent Slift gig also on the ARTE Concert channel.]

Johnny_Heartfield
                      Participant

@ suntripper: you obviously go for the unexpectable with a tendency to alter between the spectacular and sometimes the boring ;-)

For me that formula describes exactly my No.1,2 or three (depends), the Grateful Dead…

@ Jero: Great link! Hortz für den Stehken west! (Whatever that means…)

Punj Lizard
                        Participant

@JERO and suntripper – thanks for the links. :-)

ThorEgil
                          Participant

230 more tickets for each of the Blitz shows available from 1300 today.

And the borders to Europe are open. A week in Oslo in November anyone? :cheers:

Ticket link – https://konsertforeninga.ticketco.events/no/en/m/e/motorpsycho

ffbernie
                            Participant

hmm sounds tempting THorEgil :-) It could yield many many hours of footage :-)

Juergen
                              Participant

@ ThorEgil: What's the capacity of Oslo's "Blitz"?

ThorEgil
                                Participant

@Juergen: Never been there, but they say in the fb event that it will be a full house. So I would guess the capacity is about 250 (the already sold tickets from last winter + the new 230).

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 103 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994