Motorpsycho live 2024

Home Forums General Motorpsycho live 2024

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    Johnny_Heartfield
    Participant

@ welcomehome: Then it’s gotta be Olaf Olsen (which is probably Norwegian for “Daevid Allen” because Olaf looks just like that guy). Or is there any other information?

Johnny_Heartfield
      Participant

Just had a youtube-roundup of the Erfurt Festival line-up.
        Though the name Motorpsycho of course overshadows all and everything on location (that’s why I have ignored the rest so far at my own risk of being stupid again) it all looks pretty good – so go there, if you can. Time to re-evalutate my Kadavar predjudice anyway (it was just too hot in that Heidelberg location 2014…).

fillmore
        Participant

The Gothenburg date is a festival appearance: Viva Sounds. So who knows about the fall tour…Would not put my money on it, I think a spring ’25 tour is more likely…

psychotzar
          Participant

Any more information about Gulatingsfestivalen? I dont find any information when searching for it.

ThorEgil
            Participant

Gulatingfestivalen 23.-25. August – No mention of our boys so far.
              https://gulatinget.no

mirai no maboroshi
              Participant

Another one in Italy at the end of the month

25.05.2024 IT, Morborock, Morbegno (SO)

Francesco

Paolize
                Participant

Wow!!!

suntripper
                  Participant

Okay, so let me make sure I’ve got this right. You’ve got a free Motorpsycho gig one minute’s walk from your house?

FFS.

We in the UK, on the other hand, have not had a visit for five years and even had to endure the trauma of a cancelled mini-tour. Some poor sods had shelled out their hard-earned for trains and hotels.

But we’re not jealous or bitter or anything…

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by suntripper.
                    elNibi
                    Participant

Yes, it is true! but we can also consider it a little deserved given all the kilometers I have traveled to see them over the years :-D. In all these years the minimum distance for us who come from the Alps to see them is 100 km (Milan is the closest city), not considering the dozen of concerts around Italy and Europe. :-)

crunch
                      Participant

Can’t wait for the dates in Finland to drop.

Darmok
                        Participant

Well I guess they listened to my request for dates in Northern Italy, hard to get more northern (?) than that :D I hope I can make it, I’m spoiled by the fact that I live so close to Milan (but on the wrong side, in this case).

Johnny_Heartfield
                          Participant

@ suntripper: Another reason why I like the cover of “Small Boats” so much – a reference to those futile efforts of gathering a substantial audience in generally Motorpsycho-stubborn Britain. Bang it into their heads shelling them with a corruption of one of their their own major progrock-titles, yay!
                            Besides a good symbolic vehicle for the Brexit frustrations of so many Britain-loving Europeans, myself included…

Darmok
                            Participant

They’re also playing in Cagliari in early September.

MOTORPSYCHO: date a Morbegno, Cosenza e Cagliari

07.09.2024 IT, KME Festival, Cagliari

otherdemon
                              Participant

Info regarding Tons of Rock:

MP are playing from 14:35 – 15:25 that Wednesday.
                                Timeslot is LOL, but at least they’re not colliding
                                with anything worthwhile :-)

Devotional
                                Participant

50 minutes early in the afternoon? That’s a joke. I’ve had a little hope that they would finally play “Psychonaut” again (which I’ve been dreaming of seeing for 25 years), since it’s been released as a 7″ – and is included on both of their latest compilations, so I bought a ticket, but the question is whether they will devote 10 (?) minutes of this set to it. Probably not.

I also wonder (as has been discussed earlier in the thread) what really counts as “singles” here. Are A-sides on EPs included? If so, there are about 40 songs to choose from, and almost 50 if you include songs that are “video singles”.

Of these, only 4 have been played so far this year afaik. It’s also quite possible that MP will distribute the singles throughout the summer setlists, and if they do play “Psychonaut,” it’s unlikely to be in Oslo (according to my luck). :(

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 75 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994