MOTORPSYCHO – SPRING 2012

Home Forums General MOTORPSYCHO – SPRING 2012

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 226 total)
  • Author
    otherdemon
    Participant

And a couple of short video snippets as well:

Through The Veil

Into The Gyre

Many thanks to Rolf Anders for these!

TAF
      Participant

Nice. :)

According to my brother the encores were Cornucopia and "a long one from HMF" (Gullible's?). Any confirmation on this?

Going to see them in Oslo on friday – really looking forward to it. :D

arrkam
        Participant

Confirmed. Storløkken was just amazing.

Not as amazing as it should be IMO. The sound was not good a lot of the time, I often had trouble hearing the organ sounds. Having become used to Bent and Snah singing so well on the album, the live vocals were disappointing. Also the sound let the vocals down. But it was of course interesting to hear the band interpret the songs in a live setting, and there were a few grand moments. Hopefully it will be better tomorrow, when things have "settled" a bit.

In my opinion the encores were better than the main set.

Some points concerning the audience: A few were very talkative. I saw a group being chucked out from the gallery because they were talking very loudly. Good. But there were also others who didn't respect the performing artists and were talking very loudly, fortunately they seemed to go away after a while. It seemed that quite a few left during the set, possibly a too advanced set for some. It made the experience better for the rest of us, as there was considerably less talking towards the end.

Rolf
          Participant

Yep, setlist was

The Death-Defying Unicorn

Cornucopia

Gullible's Travails

("—" = a short break)

I'll write a more detailed review tomorrow, but my thoughts tonight are: IT WAS FUCKING AWESOME!!!!!!!

ThorEgil
            Participant

I second that last statement – terrific show.

And the costumes РKenneth the sailor boy, Snah the captain with gold decorated jacket and 70'ties trousers, Bent the monster with bat wings, and St̴le looking like Rick Wakeman on a happy day with his large cape behind the keyboards. And the ticket comes a folder explaining the story in more detail and a presentation of the band. Priceless!

For those afraid of jazz; The Unicorn is a prog behemot, very little impro there. The jazz kicked in with the encores. A new solo from Ståle, and not least, a proper jazz solo from Kenneth the jazz drummer. Motorpsycho the jazz band is still there.

Pros

o very nice beginning

o some great solo stuff

o funny costumes

o good mood on stage

Cons

o very bad sound

o way too loud

o a bit boring at times

o impossible to hear lyrics at all

o missing the string etc parts from the record

o organ is not my cup of tea

o people talking in the quite parts

o too much of it all

fillmore
              Participant

So was the "Unicorn" performed in order in its entirety, i.e. incl. all the interludes and stuff? Is it even possible to tell? And how long was the "Unicorn" part altogether?

How do we handle the setlist reporting for this tour? Do we just indicate that the "Unicorn"-suite was played or do we decipher the actual songs? Obviously one needs to be familiar with the album in great detail to tell…

fillmore
                Participant

Hey, let's move the Trondheim I discussion to a new individual thread! :-)

TAF
                  Participant

The Unicorn is definitely performed in it's entirety, and obviously with a couple of changes. Most importantly, all the string interludes are now played on the organ. As far as I can tell there's no significant bit from the album version that has been omitted. Mutiny has undergone a small transformation though, as it seems to have been transposed from the key of A Minor down to G Minor, and there's something funny about the chorus as well. It seems rather difficult to sing, as Bent's voice is all over the place in the live version.

supernaut
                    Participant

btw you guys know these tour tracking thingies: http://www.songkick.com/search?type=initial&query=motorpsycho&commit=Search ?

fillmore
                      Participant

The tour continues tonight in Stavanger!!! Enoy!!!

mefisto
                        Participant
                          Quote:
                          The tour continues tonight in Stavanger!!! Enoy!!!

Will do!

See you next month :D

pfnuesel
                          Participant

Hi Boomer, you still have space left in your car? I would join you.

boomer former helm
                            Participant

Hi pfnuesel. please write me to martin.grellmann at gmail.com, then we can communicate how and where… :MPD:

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 226 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994