MP POLL 2012!

Home Forums General MP POLL 2012!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

I think the last time it was done was back in 2001, Phanero-times… So now it's time for a new MP POLL!

The idea is obviously simple: you email me with your list of "best" from Motorpsycho stuff. I'll just choose the categories, gather your choices and give you the final results.

I'll close the whole stuff on march 14th, which is the first date of the Unicorn tour!

I'm curoius to see how the MP fans have changed in these 10 years, with a lot of new stuff released… Sorry I can't find the 2001 poll anywhere in the site, but maybe someone smarter than me will!

OK, here we go:

RELEASES CATEGORIES:

1. BEST SONG

Send me your 10 favourite titles

2. BEST ALBUM

Send me your 3 favourite albums. This is the list of what I consider "album":

Lobotomizer

Demon Box

Timothy's Monster

Blissard

Angels & Daemons at Play

Trust Us

Let them Eat Cake

Phanerothyme

It's a Love Cult

Black Holes / Blank Canvas

Little Lucid Moments

Heavy Metal Fruit

The Death Defying Unicorn

Roadworks I – II – IV

3. BEST NON-ALBUM

"Non album" are all the remaining stuff: EPs, Videos, Singles, Splits, Fishtanks, Children of the Future… Send me 3 choices!

4. BEST COVER (as in SLEEVES, not cover songs!)

Send me 3 Choices, and this includes ALL the releases!

5. BEST LYRICS

Send me 3 choices.

LIVE CATEGORIES

(maybe not all the fans have had the chance to see the band live, but I suppose that everybody have at least listened to live recordings of various kind. So a couple of questions about live performances are legit:

6. BEST LIVE SONG

Give me 3 choices of songs that strike you in a particular way when performed live!

7. WANTED LIVE SONG

Again, 3 choices here: three songs that you BADLY want to listen to the next time you see the band live.

WORST CATEGORIES

OK, in 16 albums and 280 EPs there is some SHIT for sure! So, don't hesitate!

8. WORST SONG

Send me 5 songs you'd love to cancel from MP production!

9. WORST ALBUM

Three choices here! The list of albums is the same as above…

SOLOISM CATEGORY

Let's face it: Motorpsycho CAN play, and they apparently love to underline this thing more and more with the passing of the years. So why not a typical nerdy poll for instrument geeks?

10. BEST DRUMMER

Heh… only one choice here! I know most of you DON'T WANT to answer to this one…

11. BEST DRUMMING

Three choices of songs with the best drumming (whoever the drummer)

12. BEST GUITAR SOLO

Three choices here too

13. BEST VOCAL LINE

Three choices, including any singer!

14. BEST BASS LINE

Three choices again

15. BEST ANYTHING-ELSE PERFORMANCE

Three choices among keyboards, winds, brasses, noises, whatever.

Send me your answers! Deadline is 14th of march. My email is bronyaur at tiscali dot it (someone suggested me to write it this way, hope it's clear!).

HAVE FUN!

Rune
    Participant

Yo, you've got mail!

supernaut
      Participant

kudos to your enthusiasm!

but I'd consider Child of the Future very much a proper normal album. It's their special 20th anniversary release and it's a full length album as a proper trio without any odd guest artists collaboration strangeness. Thou shall not discriminiate the vinyl! 8O

I'm a Vinyl maniac, Supernaut! But nonetheless, CotF is particular, and cannot be considered in the line of the "proper normal albums". The oddity of this album, apart for the Steve Albini production, is exactly the choice of cutting off the most popular support. And though it is not a real staple for hardcore fans like me and you, it IS for many other people, as many discussions in this forum have shown!

I personally consider CotF like a Barracuda-2: same number of songs, just a little bit longer, a lot of rockandroll!

This said, consider that putting CotF among the "other" releases will probably result in good news for it! I dunno how many people would vote it among the three best albums!

Elvin
        Participant

O´great nerdness. This need some serious thinking.

Vinyldude here aswell, but I agree that COTF is not a "proper" album.

Not roadworks either for that matter, but it´s your thread and your rules.

Time to write Neverland down on the worst song list. :twisted:

otherdemon
          Participant

Oh yeah, I have to participate in this poll! List is on the way soon!

jtr
            Participant

@BronYAur: I too think you should definitely consider CotF a regular album. I mean, if you draw the Barracuda comparison, then consider Lobotomizer, 8 songs, 41 minutes. 1 song more and two minutes longer than CotF, and nobody would consider Lobo an "other" release.

No no, Barracuda comparsion is just my PERSONAL feeling!

The reason why COTF is not "regular" is that it's just been released on vinyl, and I'm not changing mind about that…

Lobotomizer is simply the first album of a band who at the time didn't think would have built their career on huge double/triple LPs…

harry
              Participant

Nice!

supernaut
                Participant
                  Quote:
                  The reason why COTF is not "regular" is that it's just been released on vinyl

that's plain silly but it's your poll. :)

ah Barracuda of course is a proper album, too. I wouldn't see why this one is not and say LTEC is. But anyway, my votes will be in soon.

btw why not a poll for BEST COVER (as in "other people's song") too?

Votes are starting to fill my mailbox! Great!

I see there is some little misunderstanding on some questions, but nothing I can't manage, I suppose…

About the cover songs, well, I skipped a poll about cover songs probably because ten years ago the results were very confused (people not sure about what was a cover and what not) and I TOO was confused… 10 years and 300 songs later, I suppose confusion would be triple!

Tomorrow morning I'll see if I can do something about that…

uhh.. that´s not so easy.

thank you!

Elvin
                  Participant
                    Quote:
                    ah Barracuda of course is a proper album, too. I wouldn't see why this one is not and say LTEC is.

Because B is LTEC leftovers?

But wait, I suddenly realised something:

"WORST ALBUM

Three choices here! The list of albums is the same as above.."

Does that mean I can´t vote on Barracuda as worst album??? Oh, Barracuda must defenitly be considerd as a proper album hehe

We need a worst NON-ALBUM category!

supernaut
                    Participant
                      Quote:
                      Because B is LTEC leftovers?

We only know this because it's been labeled so. And these songs are leftovers only because they didn't taste like cake not because they tasted bad and then got compilated to a proper album. But there's always a bunch of songs scratched from an album or not considered at all or dug out as an old pearl for a new album whatsoever. But this would make an endless discussion. :)

supernaut
                      Participant

also a superb geek category:

BEST OBVIOUS RIP oops ehm sorry INSPIRATION TAKEN FROM AN OTHER BAND'S SONG

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994