New Album 2020 (tbc)

Home Forums General New Album 2020 (tbc)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Tomcat
    Participant

Bob has spoken again:

"We are currently mixing our next album. Under normal circumstances this would’ve been slated for an August release, but we’ll just have to wait and see how the situation develops before we can promise anything like a release date. It looks like it will be a double, it has both long and short songs, in both minor and major keys, and it will blow your minds."

Strange times (indeed)

http://motorpsycho.no/2020/03/strange-days/

Vegard B. Havdal
      Keymaster

Great Priest reco! Call for the priest I’m dying!

Krist Rampage
        Participant

Crazy times indeed. Looking forward to the new album.

How is everybody doing?

supernaut
          Participant

Stayed home, made music. Now watching the Frownland analysis, then maybe Mad Max oder kiss8mmfilms… Or that 6 hours The Stand? I remember seeing it way back but thought it was kind of cheesy. Might be wrong, must look for it.

Oh and a new double album with all the flavours? Yay!

Punj Lizard
            Participant

Oooh, a new album, probably a double, hopefully this year :)

kjellepelle
              Participant
                Quote:
                Or that 6 hours The Stand? I remember seeing it way back but thought it was kind of cheesy. Might be wrong, must look for it.

Oh yes it is, but I like it anyway. Just bought it on blu-ray (and I got it on dvd as well) :MPD:

shakti
                Participant

Double album with both long and short songs sounds absolutely perfect. I like my Motorpsycho long and varied.

Rolf
                  Participant
                    Quote:
                    Oh yes it is, but I like it anyway. Just bought it on blu-ray (and I got it on dvd as well)

Just watched the bluray myself! If you want to dive deeper, check out Mick Garris' podcast Post Mortem, in particular the episode where he talks to Stephen King himself about The Stand.

There's also the podcast The Losers Club, their episode on the The Stand mini-series is very good and contains interviews with both Mick Garris (the director) and W. G. Snuffy Walden (who did the music).

supernaut
                    Participant

Glad the guys are lucky with the timing and their schedules, but yeah we really could have had a new album right now. But that's a very luxurious self indulgent wish.

back to topic, though:

Watched the first 30mins of The Stand and it's really not that cheesy or cheapish as I remembered. For a 90s TV production quite good. 8O I won't try to watch Stalker, though. Tried it about 4 times in the last 20 years but I… just… can't… The book (Roadside Picnic) I really dug. Same with Solaris, a great read, but the film is too slow for me. I even enjoyed Soderbergh's version more. Sacrilege! But I don't care. :D

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994