May 29, 2022 at 12:54 #40025otherdemonParticipant
Concerts visited : 37 between 1999 – 2022. If we count unofficial concerts, collaborations, solo stuff, then it's somewhere between 50-60 concerts…
Locations : With a few exceptions, all concerts in the Oslo area. I did see a few Tønsberg gigs tho (Total 2013 + the Demon Box gig in 2015). Plus one concert in Trondheim (Begynnelser play in 2017, if it counts :lol: )
Different songs played : 194 unique, 538 total.
Songs played most often : Walking On The Water + The Other Fool + Neverland + Feel (9)
Song anticipated most : TGC and Un Chien. Two of their finest songs, for different reasons. But in general I like to be surprised.
My first gig, October 16th 1999, all-ages matinee show @ Rockefeller Oslo. They open with a jammy, playful version of In Memory of Elisabeth Reed. Quite the statement! The rest of the show was a nice mix of new and old, including a preview of The Other Fool released the year after. After this there was no turning back, psychonaut for life…
Other than that, the 3 best gigs I ever attended is probably:
Øyafestivalen 14-08-2010 (Timothy's Monster gig)
And may there be more great gigs to comm! :MPD:May 29, 2022 at 18:16 #40026JuergenParticipant
For those who have seen many gigs and heard many different songs: You don't have to count the concerts and songs manually. We have a database:
You need to register with a name. Then you can click on every show which you saw on the "I was not there" button. It changes to "I was there" after you have clicked it.
We have a "my gigs" section. It counts the number of shows and the number of different songs (called "unique" songs) and the total number of songs for you.
The database even counted 183 songs for me, I counted manually less.May 30, 2022 at 05:05 #40027The Other AndersParticipant
Juergen, are you a moderator of the site? I registered some days ago, but never received my password. When I try to register again, my username (The Other Anders) is taken.May 30, 2022 at 05:46 #40028mefistoParticipant
Anders: This is just to save the system from a complete meltdown, with your massive list of gigs :twisted:May 30, 2022 at 05:59 #40029The Other AndersParticipant
mefisto: Hahaha! And still you would beat me if you counted yours.
Tomcat and Wulf, both of you must surely have been to 100s of gigs by now?May 30, 2022 at 06:29 #40030TomcatParticipantMay 30, 2022 at 06:35 #40031JuergenParticipant
Anders, I am one of the three persons who typed the setlists into the database (Ingo and Dennis did, too) but I am not the moderator/administrator. I will write you and the moderator a private e-mail and you can try to solve the problem directly.May 30, 2022 at 09:13 #40032BlashyrkhParticipant
@Anders, I see that you've already registered yourself to the database website. Can you send me an email so we can fix your login issue? My address is perremans[dot]dennis[at]gmail[dot].comMay 30, 2022 at 09:36 #40033dongonzParticipantMay 31, 2022 at 09:45 #40034Great King RatParticipant
I was able to verify some 30+ shows, although I'm sure there are quite a few missing. Which is entirely possible since my memories from the time between 2000 and 2010 are… well, a bit blurred. So this is confirmed but not complete:
Locations: Bremen, Hamburg, Hannover, Bielefeld, Berlin (all multiple times) plus Cologne, Kiel, Oldenburg, Muenster and Deventer (once each)
Different songs played: 171
Songs played most often: Walking on the water (13x), Vortexsurfer (11x)
Songs anticipated most (but never seen): Radiance freq
– my very first show at Hurricane `99 where they basically played the entire Roadworks I plus one or two others. Completely blew me away.
– when they opened a show in Hamburg 2002 with The Giftland. The strange sounds/noise from the beginning of the song were played on loop in the venue for an half-hour or so before they entered the stage. Sooner or later, people started recogizing it and realizing what it meant. Big grins everywhere.
– Feedtime 2016
– the 2017 Schlachthof gig that began with Un chien and closed with The Golden Core. Absolutely out of this world.
– each rendition of The Wheel (4x) and The Golden core (3x) I was allowed to witnessMay 31, 2022 at 13:31 #40035TraktorBassParticipant
Concerts visited: 31 since 2006
Locations: 23 x Oslo (Rockefeller, Sentrum Scene, Domkirken, Operaen, Teknisk Museum, Øyafestivalen, Røverstaden, Blitz), various other norwegian cities including a few times in Trondheim.
Different songs played: 173 unique, 431 total
Song played most often: KDH, Walking on the Water, No Evil, Sail On and STG
Song anticipated most: Tough call, but probably K9. These days though, anything pre 2012 would be very welcome..
– The first times seeing the band in 2006. Four times that year. The Øya gig I have fond memories of.
– The time an icelandic volcano stopped me from seeing the band in Bergen. Received news of the cancellation on the train halfway between Oslo and Bergen. So I went to Bergen anyway.
– Timothys Monster at Øya 2010.
– Blitz, standing in front of Bents rack. That sound..
– Proto-‘Here Be Monsters’ at Teknisk Museum.
– Sentrum Scene 2019. Absolutely incredible, crystal clear sound in the venue. Especially after seeing them in Hamar the day before where the sound was a woolly wall of noise.
Being norwegian, I have seen my fair share of one-off gigs and rarities, but I am envious of you guys living in Europe proper. Following the band around for a few weeks is a long standing dream of mine, but it cannot be done in Norway. Too few gigs. Every year I half assedly plan doing it next year, but life always finds a way to rockblock me.June 2, 2022 at 19:49 #40036ruedibillyParticipant
Concerts visited : 14 between 2010 and 2022.
Locations : Köln/Cologne (3x Gloria, 3x Bürgerhaus Stollwerck), 3x Düsseldorf Zakk, 2x Burg Herzberg Festival, 2x Krach am Bach Festival, Bielefeld Forum
Different songs played : 110 unique, 203 total.
Songs played most often : Starhammer, Year Zero (6x), Fools Gold, Sail On, Serpentine, The Tower (5x)
Song anticipated most : The Wheel, N.O.X.
– First gig, Gloria in Köln, what a special night to experience the full wall of sound 2 metres from center stage with that maniac drummer expected every moment to jump over his set!
– An even better trance-like experience in 2011 Zakk with Überwagner.
– The storm gig at Zakk in 2014: The hall was so steaming hot at first, the band played an acoustic set we enjoyed a lot. Then suddenly the air cooled down by 10 to 15°C when that mean thunderstorm rushed over the west of Germany which we only realized afterwards outside. The boys played louder than every storm! What a slalom to get out of Düsseldorf and finally home.
– They lost me a bit in 2016 an 2017: Last gig with Kenneth which felt strangely unsatisfying (hints of things to come?), the 2017 gig in Stollwerck didn't click with me again though the recordings on Roadwork 5 are favourites now …
– And then being brave at the Herzberg gig in 2018 to stand in front row opposite a phalanx of subwoofers – until the Moog basses kicked in – oh boy, we watched the rest including the Wheel from a save distance.
And hooked again since then!June 2, 2022 at 21:04 #40037mefistoParticipant
190 shows since 1993 (Tussler not included).
Most played song: Walking on the water, 62 times!
Most anticipated song: President Block (of course!)
Specials: too many to mention, probably all the fabulous people I have met around Europe!
Unique songs: 275
Total songs: 2960
Thanks everyone for a hell of a ride so far!June 2, 2022 at 21:59 #40038cloudhawkerParticipant
190 shows! 8O Fekkin hell. That is… a lot. That is well over 15% of all MP gigs ever played. Respect.June 3, 2022 at 14:18 #40039supernautParticipant
Concerts visited 32 from 1995 to 2022.
1995: Köln – Luxor, Bizarre festival
1996: Zürich, LUV
1997: Biel, Coupole
1997: Geneva, l'Usine
1998: Biel, Coupole
1999: Biel, Coupole
2000: Biel, Coupole
2001: Biel, Coupole
2002: Biel, Coupole
2002: Zürich, Rote Fabrik
2006: Biel, Coupole
2008: Lausanne, Le Romandie
2009: Fribourg, fri-son
2009: Winterthur, Salzhaus
2009: Berlin, Lido
2010: Berlin, Astra
2012: Lausanne, D! Club, TDDU quartett with Stale
2012: Oslo, TDDU at operaen, both shows
2013: München, Backstage
2013: Bern, Reithalle
2014: Zürich, Rote Fabrik
2016: München, Backstage
2016: Fribourg, fri-son
2017: Biel, Coupole
2018: Bern, Reithalle
2018: Luzern, Schüür
2018: Winterthur, Salzhaus
2019: Zürich, Rote Fabrik (finally in the bigger room)
2019: Lausanne, Les Docks
2022: Fribourg, fri-son
2022: Winterthur, Salzhaus
Song played most often: no idea but I feel it might be Heartattac Mac
Songs anticipated most: I'm always giddy for H-Mac, Taifun, STG, Alchemyst, Ship of Fools & TGC
Songs anticipated super most: The Wheel & NOX
Songs never heard live: The Wheel & NOX
– going to see them in '95 in Köln for the first time, not recognizing them when they played until almost the end of the show due to mostly new/unreleased material and me being unaware of the line-up running order (4 bands).
– opening for them twice in '97 and sucking at it. But at least there's been a loose connection backstage say hello chat thingy now and then ever since.
– TDDU at the opera, no words
– those 3 shows in 2018 within 4 days and almost walking distance in little switzerland
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.