The Crucible (Feb 15, 2019)

Home Forums General The Crucible (Feb 15, 2019)

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 232 total)
  • Author
    gschib
    Participant

500 in shiny silver according to Rune

The Other Anders
      Participant

The CD is always in shiny silver, cheaper, and with no extra costs :smoke:

"Psychotzar"

vorab exklusiv zu hören bei radio eins "LAUT UND KANTIG" (vom 07.01. bis zum 14.01.19)

https://www.radioeins.de/programm/sendungen/laut_und_kantig/ (> 01:07:08 – 01:16:25<)

OMG :twisted:

what do you think about this kind of stuff music?

supernaut
        Participant

It's 3am and I just listened once through the whole album (lucky to have got a promo prerelease thingy).

And what can I say… Well I'm not going into any detail, you'd all want to approach it yrselves as fresh and unspoilered as possible I suppose. After one spin I'm more hooked than I was with The Tower's first impression. Ok that may be also because it's shorter and therefore easier to grasp. Then again these 3 behemoth "songs" are not easy to grasp at all after one spin either. There's a shitload to discover in many future spins which is always a thing to look forward to. As some rumours and early statements suggested, soundwise it's quite similar to The Tower but in terms of composition also a departure. This one is BOLD! I'm vague in my choice of words half on purpose, half at a loss of them. Death Defying Little Lucid Lark's Tongues do a Sabotaged Nursery Cryme is the best I can come up with.

And not one ounce of Rush. :mrgreen:

supernaut
          Participant

btw if I may be so cheeky: that Radioeins link from anotheruglydemon tempted me to put your ears towards my little broadcastings: https://www.mixcloud.com/discoflu/ some Motorpsycho included, but no Crucible yet, obviously…

Psychotzar! Very, very cool! Snah's on FIRE! melting faces!

otherdemon
            Participant

Sabbath worship all the way. Love the first lyric: "It's not Paranoid, though" :lol:

EDIT: Misheard, it actually is "it's not paranoia", but it fit in w/ the Sabbath connection :P

The gongs that appear sound fucking out of place. But as mentioned, Snah has a couple fantastic guitar-solos, especially the twin-guitar stuff in the 2nd half.

Good track, but I have a feeling this will be my least favorite on the album.

Punj Lizard
              Participant

Never mind the gongs; what it needs is more cowbell. :lol:

tkm
                Participant
                  supernaut
                  Participant

Snah has a couple fantastic guitar-solos, especially the twin-guitar stuff in the 2nd half.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not impressed by the radio song

The Other Anders
                    Participant

@BronYAur: What do you not find impressive about the song?

I am a 100 times more impressed by this song than the song before it in the radio program, and 100.000 times more impressed by this song than the song after. Approximately.

I find the song brilliant as a Black Sabbath/stoner rock-pastiche. The psychedelic rock and stoner scene has imploded in an oversufficient quantity of Sabbath-clones (yawn) long time ago, while at the same time none of the current bands have ever been able to catch the essence of the music. Enter Motorpsycho: Case closed. Now we can all move on. 5000 bands can lay down their instruments. There is no need to try anymore. It's been decided. You're obsolete. You didn't have what it takes. Now leave it to the grownups, and go play somewhere else. Thank you!

ThorEgil
                      Participant

Well. Thank the gods that Motorpsycho never ceases to do something completely different :cheers:

There are more than enough bands who are repeating themselves endlessly. Can't wait to hear this new stuff at a concert.

And, Motorpsycho have used a gong on stage before – albeit a rather smallish one :lol:

[img]https://i0.wp.com/thoregilphoto.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/tumblr_ngkueucd0o1spb91ho3_1280.jpg?fit=768%2C1024&ssl=1[/img]

The Other Anders
                        Participant

Haha, brilliant! In the meantime I edited out my gong remark, but cool! I hope they bring a big one for this tour!

boomer former helm
                          Participant

Brilliant!!! Sabbath meets Van der Graaf meets… Motorpsycho… :STG:

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 232 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994