Timothy’s Moster 4CD-Box (2010 Re-Release)

Home Forums General Timothy’s Moster 4CD-Box (2010 Re-Release)

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 86 total)
  • Author

A bit of “Old Man Blues” in there too, innit? In “Giftland Jam?”

otherdemon
    Participant

6 of 6 in Oslopuls

Unfortunately this review isn’t all that good, even though they gave it the highest score.

Elvin
      Participant

Got the box, Love the box.

Good essays and it´s of course always a pleasure to hear some new tracks, even though I´d hoped there be more unreleased and unheard stuff. (the edits is a bit of wasted space)

After listening to part 0 a couple of times, I can´t help but think what a great EP, (and missed opportunity) the “Grindstone EP” would be. The perfect companion to the mountan ep.

Now, how ´bout this:

A1. Grindstone (pt 0 version)

A2. So 90s, so aware

B1. On the Toad Again

B2. Mr Buttercut….

B3. Innersfree

which reminds me, I still miss the mountain and another ugly 10″ vinyl,

or the “Another Ugly Mountain Ep” 2×10″ gatefold recordset for that matter

Well, it´s never to late…. :wink:

kjellepelle
        Participant

Love the box, love the pics :wink: . As for the ideas above, that would be around the time mr BS and VOW/WME starts talking with eachother again (sometimes around hell freezes over :lol: )

fillmore
          Participant

I love the box too. It’s a beautiful treasure trove full of great motorpsychodelic material! Many highlights! Interesting in-depth liner notes too (more of that please, preferably in book form!). I am super stoked about the perspective of ALL the albums given the deluxe-expanded treatment eventually! Bring on the “Blissard”-box” in 2011! :-)

I really brilliant reissue if you ask me. As a fan of the mellotron I don’t understand how they could choose to leave out innersfree and alter the ending on grindstone. The first master is a masterpiece. Just listen to how innersfree fades into giftland.

I don’t fancy on my pillow and beautiful sister. And the Wheel is way too long if you ask me…but maybe you don’t…

kjesso
            Participant

It was reviewed in Dagbladet today (Tuesday), 6 out of 6. The review is not available on their web page, at least not yet.

E

otherdemon
              Participant

I agree with mr.nelson about the Grindstone-ending. Bent wrote in the liner notes that they altered the ending to have a more intense one. I think the original ending with Deathprod’s moody Mellotron-playing is as, if not more, intense, than the noise-from-hell loop of the original.

I also think Innersfree is a lost classic. But I can sorta understand why they chose to throw it out: It’s a bit too similar to some of the DB type songs. And I guess mr.nelson really enjoys the edit of The Wheel (since you think the original is way too long…)

But at least it’s out now :lol:

The Other Anders
                Participant

I simply cannot understand how some people can say that The Wheel is too long. Have you ever taken the time to actually listen to the song?

Elvin
                  Participant

The wheel could be longer if you as me

supernaut
                    Participant

I only ever listened to the edited Wheel once, way back when our record store actually had that CD version. I want that 8 minutes back! :lol:

harry
                      Participant

The short version of The Wheel was the one I was used to. I had it on cassette copied from the one-cd version from the library in Utrecht. So I also always sort of felt the Wheel was too long.

Very pleased to have my old Wheel on CD again!

CaptainAubrey
                        Participant

If The Wheel is too long, the ocean is too wet.

Absolutely love the box! So many rare records I don’t have to track down anymore! I think they did an excellent job compiling and presenting it, and for the right reasons: for musical & historical reasons and completeness’ sake, not just “Let’s put three bonus tracks on the original album so we can make more money off of old stuff”. To include everything in one go is a bold move, especially for that price. For me it proves yet again that Motorpsycho is only in it for the music.

Greetings,

Thomas

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 86 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994