Timothy’s Moster 4CD-Box (2010 Re-Release)

Home Forums General Timothy’s Moster 4CD-Box (2010 Re-Release)

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 86 total)
  • Author
    stereosofa
    Participant

with that I start a new topic for the next announced release in 2010:

the re-release of TIMOTHY’S MONSTER as 4CD-Box. have a look to recent posts on this topic here (was “New release before the Øya-gig!”).

stereosofa
      Participant

stickfrau via twitter 01/07/2010:

“is knee-deep in album credits.16 years ago today, Motorpsycho was recording On My Pillow. Can you wish a song Happy Birthday?”

stereosofa
        Participant

stickfrau via twitter 07/07/2010:

“finds that re-releasing an already-existing album is much more work than a brand new one.”

I like this :-)

arrkam
          Participant
            fillmore
            Participant

That’s a good price! Not even 30€ for a 4CD box — wow!

otherdemon
              Participant

Weee, I’m definitely gonna pre-order from Rune this time :lol:

Any news? What will be on the discs?

Hey Zoso,

Found this in another thread:

This was announced officially:

“…some previously unreleased stuff, something which has only seen the light of day on various samplers etc.. also another version of Timothy’s, the pre-version, with some other songs than those which ended up on the original release might be released.”

Pure speculation:

“Isn’t it time to speculate on what songs we can expect to be included in the boxset? On The Toad Again is a safe bet as it was intended for the album, as well as Space Cadet Boogie and Seethe. I think Lake Innersfree by Sir Lord Baltimore was recorded at the Timmy sessions, too, but will they include cover songs? Then we’d probably also have Workin’ For MCA (Lynyrd Skynyrd) and Shock Me (Kiss). Hmm. And what about the remaining songs from the “lost album” from ’94, do they count? When the World Sleeps, Black W’abbit (Alabama Kids) and early versions of Stalemate, 7th Dream and Flick of the Wrist, I’d sure like to hear them all.”

Greets,

Thomas

Sounds good! Does anybody know something concerning the artwork?

fillmore
                Participant

When’s the release date?

Zoso/Artwork: If the Rune announcement is something to go on, they are going to go with the classic designs. Click on the link in arrkam’s post a bit up in this thread.

Mr. Fillmore/Date: Wish I knew. Again according to Rune, they are still hoping to release it before Oya, so that would be before August 10. Jeannette was still writing liner notes last week. Here’s hoping nothing goes wrong…

Greets,

Thomas

(edit after fast search)

Stickman site: No date yet, but there was an announcement, that the vinyl versions of “Phanerothyme” and “It’s A Love Cult” are back in stock.

Rune site: Clipped from the newest post: “First out will be a grand 4CD edition of Motorpsycho´s early masterpiece ”Timothy´s Monster” from 1994. It should be ready in time for the Øya festival, more details to follow.” (artwork here )

stickfrau’s Twitter: July 1st: “is knee-deep in album credits.16 years ago today, Motorpsycho was recording On My Pillow. Can you wish a song Happy Birthday?” & July 7th: “finds that re-releasing an already-existing album is much more work than a brand new one.”

edit edit: … or a longwinded way of stating no new news.

kjellepelle
                  Participant

Kim is working on the artwork/booklet as we speak

toresan
                    Participant

In the newsletter Rune Grammofon sent out today, TM’s release date is set to 9. August.

naur
                      Participant

Yeah, thats great! :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 86 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994