Trezzo (Milano) 12-11-2009

Home Forums General Trezzo (Milano) 12-11-2009

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Mt. Heart Attack
    Participant

What a concert. The sound went really good after Like Always. Wishing Well was for me an absolute highlight, very inspired jamming & Bent’s singing has been brilliant during the whole show. Am I wrong or was Snah really out of tune with his voice especially in the second part of the set? Btw, Back to Source was massive too, you thought that they couldn’t go higher during the jam, but they did repeatedly, wahah! The encores were simply fabolous. Oh, and Kenneth did an hell of a job. Playin keyboards & drums in the same time must be hard :D

GBD
      Participant

Thanks a bunch for the videos man! Aaah that wishing well! What a fabulous and underrated song! And a killer in its new “clothing”.

Please give notice when TGC is finished. I’m dying to see it :)

By the way….when the “syntish” part of wishing well kicks in (is it even synth?) it seems like snah is the one pushing some pedals. So i wonder….is it really Kenneth who’s doing the synth parts or is it snah? Or perhaps both?

supernaut
        Participant

thanks blurp. snah’s harmonies in wishing well are fabulous.

i don’t hear anything “synthish” though, and Snah always stands too far away from his moog, no? Bent has midi pedals and Kenneth triggers synths per pads. so maybe it’s one of them.

GBD
          Participant

Well check out the vid at 2:03 and notice the sound + watch snah’s foot. You’ll see what i mean..

otherdemon
            Participant

Yeah, I also heard that the mellotron started right after Snah stepped on that pedal.

EDIT: He also stepped on a pedal at 4:40 when the mellotron stopped. So I think Snah played on that one.

Here’s The Golden Core!

http://vimeo.com/7596794

supernaut
              Participant

Ah now I hear the Mellotron. What also happens at 2’03” and at 4’40” is a change in Snah’s guitar sound. He might just as well be turning his solo guitar boost distortion thingy on and off at these moments. And since Bent has a midi pedal and takes a barely noticable step forward at 2’03”, I think it’s him triggering it. I remember him doing it on Manmower and isn’t he doing it right there on the Golden Core clip too? Snah plays the Moog.

Can’t these clips be downloaded?

supernaut
                Participant

btw thanks again blurp. fantastic. :D

otherdemon
                  Participant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-fPI0eO8sI (Back To Source)

Thx to whoever uploaded it!

great vids! thank you all!

Hey guys,

I haven’t posted anything on this forum in years, but now I felt I just had to express my joy after last night’s show. It was my 15th or 16th MP show (I’ve actually lost count) and it definately ranks among the best. It may be because I don’t go to concerts with the kind of exptectations and enthusiasm as I used to anymore, that I half forget why I love these guys so much in the time that passes between two shows, but I’m quite convinced it’s more about how fucking great they were. I second what someone said about the venue and the atmosphere, it may have been the best venue (sound was great!)/audience I’ve experienced – though it should be stated that I’ve seen most of my shows among drunk Norwegians. I also agree that the Sinful Wind-borne->Back to Source part was absolute bliss. Kenneth completely blew my mind in the latter, my jaw literally dropped.

The dynamics of the whole thing was also perfect, we all needed a breather with Bedroom Eyes/Sungravy, and it never got boring or tiring or repetitive. And it was ALMOST totally quiet for when the instrumental part of TGC started. Magic! (that some idiot obviously had to ruin eventually)

Trivia stuff I noticed(couldn’t see it mentioned): 577 was song no. 13. The song starts, as you all know, “At 13”. I don’t think that was intentional, though.

Snah changed “all of 26” to “all of 39” on Greener, but I suppose that’s been mentioned

a million times already. Couldn’t be bothered to read the other threads.

G’night, rock on!

elNibi
                    Participant

yeah! and fucking emotional was the return back with in the song with “seventeen” compleatly sang by the audience, like a big scream, in perfect timing after 10 min of heavy jam???? great!

have to spent a couple of words more about the audience…

listen to the GC video, there were A LOT of “shhhhhhhhh” to keep quiet the other people…and it worked! never seen such thing in Italy before…

are we working to become german or what? :lol:

v1

…it all seems like a dreeeeeeeeam!!! :D :D :D

p.s., only a bad thing to notice, shirts were sold everywhere for 20euros, in this venue for 25; pins costed 1euro more, cd’s 5euros more …do we look like rich people? :lol:

elNibi
                        Participant

shit this is bad.

I think that in some venues they manage to sell the merch by trhemselves and they turn up the price…

same was done in the shitty rolling stone in Milano in 2006

>yeah! and fucking emotional was the return back with in the song with “seventeen” >compleatly sang by the audience, like a big scream, in perfect timing after 10 min of >heavy jam???? great!

Totally one of the highlights! You’ve gotta love an audience who behave that well yet still are ready to sing along at just the right moments, as if only to give you shivers

down your spine.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994