Verkstedhallen 2021-05-15

Home Forums General Verkstedhallen 2021-05-15

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Johnny_Heartfield
    Participant

;-)

Probably Kenneth K. is therefore practising them live a bit more? Got the impression his playing is much more cymbal orientated. Am I wrong? Or is Thomas just disguising his cymbal skills with his massive powerful drumming? His cymbal line-up is definitely impressive!

Motorpsycho has surely been lucky with their drummers…

ThorEgil
      Participant

Seeing one of Tomas' solo cymbal concerts is definitely worth a trip to Trondheim. His Cymbal Resonance System combined with close-up mics and a heavy PA system makes for a drone experience out of this world.

(Don't tell Kenneth, but Bent has said that standing close to Tomas' cymbals are harder on his ears than was Kenneth's).

And luck has nothing to do with it. The world class drummer density is nowhere higher than at the local jazz academy here, and Bent has heard and seen them all. Even for me the first and only name that came to mind when I heard that Kenneth had called it a day was Tomas.

supernaut
        Participant

huh? Wasn't there a thread about the 16th just moments ago? Or did my internet break?

edit: it's back or I'm just going slightly nuts.

editedit: it's gone again! Who's doing that? Cookie monster?

Vegard B. Havdal
          Keymaster

They are in different forums, it's probably that. I regret that we made more than one forum, one would be enough…

Tomcat
            Participant

Well, we should then paste the videos of two new songs in this thread as well:

"Ny Halvlang" (11 minutes)

"Ny Lang" (15 minutes)

Baybe I'm amazed, love the Crimson-Floyd-Synth-Monsters + late-90s-mp (trio) vibe. And did Bent ever sing like this?

I hope they'll record them for the next album and keep the production less "bombastic".

Johnny_Heartfield
              Participant

@ Tomcat: Just keep the new songs motorpsychedelic. That is exactly what I missed in KoO: for me it is neither really motor nor psycho enough("weird" in Bent's own explanation), though not a bad one all in all.

supernaut
                Participant

@vegard

Ah ok. Thx for info. ;)

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994