Zurich 6.6.14 Rote Fabrik / Clubraum

Home Forums Setlists Zurich 6.6.14 Rote Fabrik / Clubraum

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

(Acoustic)

Babylon

Sideway Spiral I

Stay Young

Feel

Waiting for the One

(Electric)

Stained Glass

Cloudwalker

Superstooge

The Other Fool

The Alchemyst

Before the Flood

Hell 1-7

Entropy

(Encore 1)

Magic & the Wonder

On a Plate

For Free

Plan #1

(Encore 2, Acoustic)

Come on in

2h40

Personal highlights: Stained Glass, Before the Flood, Hell 1-7

fillmore
    Participant

On the setlist as second encore but not played: "Un Chien". Great to see new additions to the tour repertoire still! :-)

Tomcat
      Participant

I guess it says "eller" so either the dog or the 4-pack. Stained Glass as opener, 1st Babylon and Flood with Reine – nice :-)

supernaut
        Participant

Great to have had them back in Zurich again after many many years. The crowd really appreciated it and was probably therefore quite attentive during the acoustic set, next to no chatting, but lots of cheering, waiting for the things to come. Many friends haven't seen them in a long while, some for the first time, so there was a great vibe outdoors afterwards. Glowing heads and smiling faces.

Quite a few firsts for this tour's setlist. Nice build up arch from Stained Glass to The Other Fool. A bursting Superstooge aside, up until The Alchemyst (yay!) the show felt somewhat relaxed, for a lack of a better term but I mean this in the best way.

Might have been only me but a transition of energy happened during The Other Fool's coda and its segueing into The Alchemyst. Geee I love that one. That was the point when it got truly big. Hell as the epic centerpiece. A great choice to have it come down a bit with Entropy.

Magic & Wonder just brilliant. It was astonishing how On A Plate and For Free, being 2 quite different songs from different eras, felt so naturally back to backed. For Free was even a highlight powerrocker with its genius hookline. And I think this was the first ever Plan #1 for me. Now that was huge.

I really wished for Un Chien before the show but – and I surprise myself here a lot – after the first encore bulk, it might have been too much! Mind and body already fried at that point. Or maybe first a breather with Come On In and then…? But doesn't matter.

2h40 of course. They should name a live album "240" if there's going to be one.

Here's a very weird concert preview from Zurichs biggest paper, although very much in MP's favour. But as a reader with no motorpsychedelic knowledge I would have expected a veeeeeery different band… the writer probably hasn't heard too much of The Grateful Sabbath and the lot :) => http://www.zueritipp.ch/musik/musik/das-ist-ja-sonnig-/story/30940357/

once again a extraordinary concert

listing the second time today (yesterday) to my recordings (12 hour after the show + 24 hour after) great great

Juergen
          Participant

@ Dave:

If you are interested in sharing recordings (there are 350 available from the past and present) then please get in contact: juergenmaass68(at)aol.com

knoot
            Participant

Please post recordings on Dime or on the Motortrades-tracker.

K

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994