kjesso

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 14 posts - 136 through 149 (of 149 total)
  • Author
    kjesso
    Participant

fcuk indeed… They play three gigs in the Bergen area, close to where I live, and I'm elsewhere, due to work commitments.

but i shouldn't complain too much, for the very first time i will see them in trondheim.

in reply to: London 24.11.10 #18620
      kjesso
      Participant

TraktorBass: You may be right, sir. There are indeed some similarities there.

in reply to: London 24.11.10 #18617
        kjesso
        Participant

Re Mountain:

In a program on Norwegian radio back in the mid-90s, Norwegian radio legend Harald Are Lund talked about the music that had influenced Motorpsycho. He mentioned the band Mountain, and said that the MP song "Mountain" was inspired by a song by Mountain. He played that song, and you could hear his point. The two songs were not identical, far from it, but there were some similarities.

A few years later, on an impulse in a record shop, I bought a Mountain collection, Over The Top. I managed to get through the 34 songs a couple of times, but couldn't figure out if any of these songs had influenced "Mountain". I haven't listened to it since, my main recollection is that even if the music was ok, the vocals were just horrible. Almost painful.

Wanting to get the bottom of said riddle, I e-mailed Harald Are Lund, to find out more. He replied that he remembered the program, and that there indeed was one Mountain song that had inspired "Mountain", but he couldn't recall what the song was called. So there you are – a mystery unsolved.

in reply to: Øyafestivalen #16636
          kjesso
          Participant

jonstyle:

Maybe Alex’s reply has given you the help you need, but you’ll find what you need here:

http://flac.sourceforge.net/documentation_tasks.html

in reply to: Timothy’s Moster 4CD-Box (2010 Re-Release) #17891
            kjesso
            Participant

This is not confirmed, but I recently heard a rumour that Roger Whittaker would close next year’s Øya festival, performing his 1978 classic “The Roger Whittaker Christmas Album”.

in reply to: Timothy’s Moster 4CD-Box (2010 Re-Release) #17889
              kjesso
              Participant

The Monster re-entered the Norwegian charts at number 7, which must be a lot higher than in 1994.

http://lista.vg.no/show_list.php?ListsOp=showWeek&listID=2

E

in reply to: Øyafestivalen #16600
                kjesso
                Participant

Here’s the opening of the concert, including Bent’s very, very short version of The one that went away:

E

in reply to: cool (cute) pic from the rehearsals :) #18065
                  kjesso
                  Participant

The kids in the foreground are from svartlamon kindergarten, according to an article in today’s Adressa.

At øya now, four hours to go.

E

in reply to: Timothy’s Moster 4CD-Box (2010 Re-Release) #17876
                    kjesso
                    Participant

It was reviewed in Dagbladet today (Tuesday), 6 out of 6. The review is not available on their web page, at least not yet.

E

in reply to: Driv, Tromsø 29.04.2010 #16883
                      kjesso
                      Participant

Fillmore wrote: Just realized: On 29.04.1990 the band played the first ever Motorpsycho gig! Year Zero indeed! Wow!

– – –

So why didn’t they do a cover of Sgt. Pepper?

in reply to: Kvarteret tonight postponed #16431
                        kjesso
                        Participant

Bummer. I’m off to Bergen tonight, and am (maybe) flying to Trondheim tomorrow morning. I guess it gives me a dilemma if the ban is lifted – should I stay or should I go?

in reply to: Bergen, Verftet 17.10.2009 #13873
                          kjesso
                          Participant

One song missing: Didn’t they play four songs during their first encores?

in reply to: Bergen, Verftet 17.10.2009 #13872
                            kjesso
                            Participant

they did not play Bedroom Eyes.

E

in reply to: Bergen, Verftet 17.10.2009 #13867
                              kjesso
                              Participant

Both Taifun and Sinful were amongst the highlights last night, as was the opening first minutes of Year Zero.

Another highlight appeared during the quiet part of TGC, when Bent’s bass is the only instrument. Several in the crowd were shouting – maybe requests, maybe something else, and Kenneth slowly put his finger to his lips, telling the audience to shut up, in a very polite and almost un-noticable way. Others in the crowd urged the shouters to shut up, which they eventually did.

E

Viewing 14 posts - 136 through 149 (of 149 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994