kjesso

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 149 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: 27.06.13 – Ekstremsportveko, Voss #24652
    kjesso
    Participant

I think I'll pretend that I take my job seriously, and not watch that video in my Office. I'll try to watch it tonight.

in reply to: 27.06.13 – Ekstremsportveko, Voss #24650
      kjesso
      Participant

I'm not sure what was included, but both songs were long, and at least Ãœberwagner included more than what I know from the record. Possibly The Pilgrim, possiblee something else.

This is just between you and me, of course, but I'm not familiar With COTF. Thus, it's hard to say whether there were more extras included than Go to California.

in reply to: 27.06.13 – Ekstremsportveko, Voss #24648
        kjesso
        Participant

Juergen: I did not recognize the instrumental, nor have I heard the Ã…lesund show. Can I describe the song? It was a rather fast and energetic song, if I remember correctly. Other songs were also played at a furious speed, it almost seemed as if Bent had trouble keeping up during Whip that ghost.

in reply to: 27.06.13 – Ekstremsportveko, Voss #24646
          kjesso
          Participant

The guy at 2:14 may have liked some Blissard songs, but he only got one. I think it went like this:

Year Zero

Hell

August

Vanishing Point

Ãœberwagner

Whip that ghost

Barleycorn

In the Family

Greener

Cornucupia/Go to California

Instrumental

You Lied

Hogwash

(1h55m)

Not the best Motorpsycho-show I've ever seen, but still very good. The catchy, snappy songs were better received; the jammy parts less so. For me, the highlights were Barleycorn, Greener and the instrumental they played before You Lied.

Reine Fiske is a great addition. I hope he remains with them for a long time.

in reply to: 27.06.13 – Ekstremsportveko, Voss #24645
            kjesso
            Participant

Reine Fiske joins them again tonight. Kick-off in ten minutes.

in reply to: 13.04.13 USF Bergen #24016
              kjesso
              Participant
                in reply to: 13.04.13 USF Bergen #23999
                kjesso
                Participant

Wow – three of six posts start with the word "wow". Uh … better make that four out of seven.

in reply to: 13.04.13 USF Bergen #23994
                  kjesso
                  Participant

Wow. How excellent was that? A great, great show, made even better by the fact that the audience was actually listening. The quiet parts are normally spoiled by people talking; this time there was complete silence.

Highlights? Plenty. They played five Bliss-songs (Sinful, Drug thing, Greener [final encore], STG, and a marvellous Manmower). The highlight was another mid-nineties song though, an out of this world-version of Un Chien.

I haven't heard the Eggplant yet. Some new songs appealed to me, others did not. Ratcatcher, for instance, didn't impress me too much. Nevertheless, a very fine concert.

in reply to: Still live with eggplant #23887
                    kjesso
                    Participant

A short review in Aftenposten yesterday:

Gitaristenes helaften

Mer fra progrockernes overskuddslager

I over 20 år har trønderske Motorpsycho kompromissløst dervet med sitt, på et tosifret antall utgivelser av ymse slag og kvalitet. Fjorårets konseptalbum TDDU var et høydepunkt med sin ekstremmiks av rock, prog, støyjazz og strykere. Dette er, som bandet sier, "annen musikk" og ikke like spennende. Fem låter fra hard rock via reale prog-partier til renere pop, dominert av gitarer i fritt spill. Snah får musikalsk besøk av svenske Reine Fiske fra Dungen. Selv om ting til tider kan føles noe stillestående, er det en fryd å høre gnistrende samspill midtveis i 17 minutter lange "Ratcatcher". Best er likevel den avsluttende popflørten "The afterglow". Peker den mot neste?

I still haven't heard the album myself, but I'm heading for Bergen in a couple of hours, and will probably hear some it live tonight.

in reply to: Still live with eggplant #23860
                      kjesso
                      Participant
                        kjesso
                        Participant

Stickfrau om Twitter: New Motorpsycho album, "Still Life With Eggplant", has been announced!

From http://www.stickman-records.de/:

Motorpsycho is back once again with a new album, this time with the great title of "Still Life With Eggplant". Compact and presenting the band from their rockin' side, it also features some amazing guest guitar work from Swedish musician Reine Fiske (Dungen, etc.). A European tour will be following directly after the release on April 12th, and the first confirmed dates can already be found on our tour dates page. Reine will be joining them for these dates, so we can look forward to seeing some more magical chemistry happening onstage!

The album will be available on CD, LP and digitally as usual.

in reply to: MOTORPSYCHO WINTER and SPRING 2013 #23295
                          kjesso
                          Participant

This looks promising: February 27th, the author Johan Harstad will discuss his Blissard book with Snah and Bent at Litteraturhuset, Oslo.

http://www.litteraturhuset.no/program/2013/02/snostorm.html

in reply to: MOTORPSYCHO – SUMMER and FALL 2012 #22031
                            kjesso
                            Participant

I don't know if this has been mentioned somewhere, and I certainly don't know if this belongs in this thread, but anyway:

At Oslo Jazzfestival there will be a double-header, in Oslo domkirke, Friday August 17th: Ståle Storløkken solo + Snah solo. (More info will appear on this page within a week or so, it seems: http://www.oslojazz.no/programNO.php?artistid=16&eng=)

in reply to: The Death Defying Encores (a petition) #22442
                              kjesso
                              Participant

signed.

in reply to: 14.04.2012 – Tivoli, Utrecht #22104
                                kjesso
                                Participant

"an I guess one is enough"

sterosofa, sorry for nit-picking, but the word is called "and", not "an". :oops:

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 149 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994