supernaut

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1,936 through 1,950 (of 2,233 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: (OT) Them Crooked Vultures #15591
    supernaut
    Participant

      yep, but there’s a torrent of a neat DVD image with menus. :-)

      in reply to: (OT) Them Crooked Vultures #15589
      supernaut
      Participant

        torrent found. yay.

        in reply to: (OT) Them Crooked Vultures #15588
        supernaut
        Participant
          in reply to: Cologne 06.11. #14082
          supernaut
          Participant

            Anyone else tried to download the concert clips with realplayer? The first part stops after about two thirds… any other programs to download this?

            in reply to: Cologne 06.11. #14081
            supernaut
            Participant

              Homer’s a big Grand Funk fan.

              in reply to: Cologne 06.11. #14080
              supernaut
              Participant

                ah, there’s the “official” why-vinyl-only statement in the 9’23” special. :-)

                in reply to: first review !? of “heavy metal fruit” – german #15685
                supernaut
                Participant

                  I have some booties with Jacco and they are brilliant. Sheeeeeeeeer Heart Attack! And there’s that open air video on the net with him and Oiyvind (ooops forgot his name) which is flawless, no?

                  in reply to: first review !? of “heavy metal fruit” – german #15684
                  supernaut
                  Participant

                    Ah I cannot withstand it, so here I go:

                    It’s – said thousandfold – wonderful that MP is going on as strong as ever, thanks to Kenneth. Geb’s great legacy is his diversity. He played on Demon Box, on LTEC, on Fleshharrower and Manmower, on Watersound and Feedtime and Go To California and the Fishtank stuff and that huge amazing brontosaurus K9 suite. I hope that this diversity can be maintained with Kenneth, meaning the path has not been set at all by LLM and COTF. But that doors are slammed wide open. If you know what I mean. To me that’s more interesting to see in the future than who’s the more skillful drummer.

                    in reply to: first review !? of “heavy metal fruit” – german #15676
                    supernaut
                    Participant

                      GBD, maybe it’s just me, but I feel like reading this too often here. That Ken is sooooo much better than Geb blabla. It might be true (and who I am to doubt Bent’s statement to this) but did anyone ever notice anything bad or lacking about Geb’s playing before 2004? We had a great time at the shows and with the records for 14 years and yes now it IS time to skate on. :)

                      in reply to: first review !? of “heavy metal fruit” – german #15672
                      supernaut
                      Participant
                        Quote:
                        Kenneth Kicks his ass in skill imo

                        My wish for 2010: Could we slowly start to drop this? I find it kinda embarrassing. Even if Geb’s work is being credited in the same second, which actually reads sometimes like a quick excuse or something.

                        Now it’s Kenneth, yay, great drummer, woohoo, but please… :wink:

                        If I was Geb and would care to read this board, I would feel slightly pissed. And rightly so.

                        in reply to: first review !? of “heavy metal fruit” – german #15663
                        supernaut
                        Participant

                          preorder is possible at jpc but not yet at stickman? 8O

                          in reply to: German Bent interiew #15772
                          supernaut
                          Participant

                            ex-daniel wrote

                            Quote:
                            Playing fills all over the place all the time is less interesting as having a few cool breaks that come sharp as a knife here and there.

                            well what about Keith Moon then?

                            I don’t care if Geb or Kenneth is “better”. I always admired Geb for his kinda light and “flying” grooves. He’s not the dumb downbeat one two one two drummer. This added a lot to my love for MP music. Having Kenneth now is first and foremost a miracle. He adds a different edge, but something’s lost just as well. Which is normal. No complaints. I was really worried when Geb left. Jacco of course did fine, but a bit too conventional. I don’t know what Bent’s learned in the last years, I just noticed that on this tour they got quite funky. That’s new, no?

                            in reply to: Your band #15351
                            supernaut
                            Participant

                              great great great.

                              in reply to: (OT) Them Crooked Vultures #15587
                              supernaut
                              Participant

                                check JPJ’s monster slide bass thing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vflgFHrNLSU&NR=1 8O

                                in reply to: Geb’s songs #12553
                                supernaut
                                Participant

                                  To me Never Let You Out is one of that record’s finest songs. The Barrettish intro and the woohoohooo choirs and that fat bass line, just great.

                                Viewing 15 posts - 1,936 through 1,950 (of 2,233 total)

                                …hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994