The Other Anders

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 281 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: Motorpsycho live 2019 #33958
    The Other Anders
    Participant

Who? Me? Hahaha! That was a wet dream coming true in 2002. Your comment had me break out the Athens recording again. Energetic concert with lots of hot playing. No shouting for 577, but there is this guy shouting for Vortex Surfer a couple of times…

in reply to: Motorpsycho live 2019 #33956
      The Other Anders
      Participant

Second time in Greece. First time was An Club in Athens 06.10.2001. My recording of it is still out there, a great night it was.

in reply to: The Tower, 18 months later #35021
        The Other Anders
        Participant

No worries. I am still listening to it daily. Although yesterday I had Psychotzar on my brain all day, today I woke up with The Cuckoo on my mind. I cannot make a full description of how the music impacts me emotionally (isn't that what you want to read about, JERO?), other than that I think The Tower has got it all. In my world it is already a classic alongside DB, TU, HMF and HBM. I feel privileged and lucky to live right now and be able to follow this band the way I do. I hope they keep The Tower, Bartok, Dream Home, Cuckoo and Ship of Fools for the upcoming tour. Although the other half of the record would be just as fine. And I hope they never stop.

in reply to: Motorpsycho live 2019 #33940
          The Other Anders
          Participant

Can someone please ask Bent or Cecilie next time they bump into them what is going on between Hamburg and Utrecht? Thank you.

in reply to: Motorpsycho live 2019 #33895
            The Other Anders
            Participant

Hamburg ticket arrived today. Are you joining, Mefisto?

in reply to: The Tower #30578
              The Other Anders
              Participant

18 months in, The Tower is still growing. This landmark double album has been supported by two years of live concerts. Five different versions of the band have explored it intrepidly.

It has spawned a TRIPle live record, the complete high quality video footage from Krach am Bach, the Roadburn recording, the Rockpalast/Burg Herzberg video, the Rune Grammofon YouTube livestream, Motorpsyhodelic Clips webpage and all the Bernie videos. Thank you, Bernie. Thank you, Motorpsycho! Never has the access of high quality sound and vision been better.

I manage to attend 13 concerts during the time span of The Tower. 13 fantastic experiences in eight countries together with many of my best friends and this amazing band.

On top of this I have been able to collect recordings from 43 of the concerts to get me through everyday life. I am still working my way through the last recordings from fall 2018. Big thanks to tapers and torrenters for your amazing efforts! I even recorded a few myself too, for the first time in 12 years.

As I write this I am revisiting Belgrade 2018.03.09. What a day, what a concert, and what a night…

But getting astray here. Point is that I have had The Tower back on repeated play for the last couple of weeks now, after maybe a year long break while listening to all the live stuff. And while I was very happy with it to begin with, the record has only grown in the meantime, and still does, one month before The Crucible will be released and force it out of my player! At least for a while.

in reply to: The Crucible (Feb 15, 2019) #34386
                The Other Anders
                Participant

Haha, brilliant! In the meantime I edited out my gong remark, but cool! I hope they bring a big one for this tour!

in reply to: The Crucible (Feb 15, 2019) #34384
                  The Other Anders
                  Participant

@BronYAur: What do you not find impressive about the song?

I am a 100 times more impressed by this song than the song before it in the radio program, and 100.000 times more impressed by this song than the song after. Approximately.

I find the song brilliant as a Black Sabbath/stoner rock-pastiche. The psychedelic rock and stoner scene has imploded in an oversufficient quantity of Sabbath-clones (yawn) long time ago, while at the same time none of the current bands have ever been able to catch the essence of the music. Enter Motorpsycho: Case closed. Now we can all move on. 5000 bands can lay down their instruments. There is no need to try anymore. It's been decided. You're obsolete. You didn't have what it takes. Now leave it to the grownups, and go play somewhere else. Thank you!

in reply to: The Crucible (Feb 15, 2019) #34374
                    The Other Anders
                    Participant

The CD is always in shiny silver, cheaper, and with no extra costs :smoke:

in reply to: 2018-11-30 Nasjonal Jazzscene, Oslo w/ Maja Ratkje #34606
                      The Other Anders
                      Participant

Fair enough.

in reply to: trondheim – 2018-12-14 #34706
                        The Other Anders
                        Participant

Beautiful pictures!

in reply to: What song is better on record than live? #34685
                          The Other Anders
                          Participant

Plan #1? Good choice!

Marvelous is subjective, but having been to a concert or two, and having listened to most of what is out there, I cannot think of a particularly far out version. Although it has been played live on almost every tour since it was released. Dampsaba makes it very easy to check, at least for the years up to and including 2006:

They only played it once in '93 – that's right, it was not part of the Demon Box live sets – while it was played a lot in '94, '95, '96, and '97 before it was rested for a year and a half.

Then the Baard-era re-introduced it in the fall of '99, still sounding like itself, nothing radical about it. They played it during all of 2000, before it got a rest again.

It was back in 2006 when they had Jacco on drums.

Kenneth-era played it in '08, '09, '10, '14, and '15 (Demon Box concerts).

And with Tomas it has been played in both '17 and '18.

But as Bent explains in the 2014 tour video, they have two kinds of songs. The ones that are to be played like they originally were written, and the ones that can be experimented with and used as vehicles for exploration. Plan #1 is clearly the first kind.

The most special version I can think of is from A Box Full of Demons. Not because it is far out, but because it is massive with two drummers.

in reply to: Motorpsycho live 2019 #33860
                            The Other Anders
                            Participant

Luckily they keep touring during my exam periods, so I don't have your luxory problems.

Very, very happy that you consider Copenhagen, fillmore! When was the last time we saw them here together? 2008?

If I could pick from the top shelf I'd see the whole tour this time. Apart from that, Thomas is right, always see them in Belgium. Het Depot is of course a classic MP venue, I would go there if I could.

And I must admit Italy looks tempting this time, because it seems to be the end of the tour, it's spring, and it's Italy.

But not likely on my part, so let's see if I am able to join for Hamburg.

in reply to: Motorpsycho live 2019 #33847
                              The Other Anders
                              Participant

11.04.2019 – NO Bergen, Hulen

13.04.2019 – NO Stavanger, Folken

03.05.2019 – NO Trondheim, Verkstedhallen

11.05.2019 – NO Oslo, Sentrum Scene

15.05.2019 – DK Copenhagen, Hotel Cecil

16.05.2019 – DE Hamburg, Markthalle

19.05.2019 – NL Utrecht, Tivoli Vredenburg

21.05.2019 – NL Groningen, Vera

22.05.2019 – BE Leuven, Het Depot

23.05.2019 – DE Hannover, Faust

24.05.2019 – DE Wiesbaden, Schlachthof

25.05.2019 – CH Lausanne, Les Docks

27.05.2019 – AT Wien, Arena

28.05.2019 – IT Trezzo Sull'adda (MI), Live Music Club

29.05.2019 – IT Bologna, Zona Roveri Music Factory

30.05.2019 – IT Avellino, Teatro Partenio

31.05.2019 – IT Roma, Orion

01.06.2019 – IT Genova, Goa Boa Preview

02.06.2019 – DE Reutlingen, Kulturzentrum franz.K

28.06.2019 – NO Trondheim, Trondheim Rocks

31.07.2019 – NO Trondheim, Byscenen / Olavsfestdagene – Motorpsycho with friends

10.08.2019 – NO Oslo, Øyafestivalen – Motorpsycho with friends

in reply to: Motorpsycho live 2019 #33841
                                The Other Anders
                                Participant

They played Genova in '97.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 281 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994