JERO

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 216 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Thanx for that link, Punj, fun to watch! And I'll try to fulfill that adagium "every human should have seen Magma live at least once" in october Brussels. Today their boxset of 12 live cd's will arrive (that means I've allready spent my fun-budget for this month) and it's a perfect rainy day to further explore their stuff, while working on some of my paintings!Maybe this should have been filed under "Motorpsycho and…" but I now see the influence of Magma compositional structures on KFFF, which is certainly not a bad thing, so I posted within this thread.

in reply to: Hey There! #35071
      JERO
      Participant

Hello @TrustMe, that's fantastisk, buddy! You're sure to have a blast at the concert! And a warning: you'll get addicted to seeing them live immediately. Like you, I went to my first concert (10-2017) after having been a collector and fan since longtime (early nineties), and I remember clearly afterwards shouting out in the parkinglot what a fool I am for not having attended their concerts earlier on!Their albums are great, but live performances are the bigger ballgame!

Hope to hear from you a lot on the forum, :cheers:

JERO
        Participant

I finally got around to exploring the music of French cultband Magma, youtubed around a bit starting at 22.00 yesterday, thought at first 'this must be the most terrible hippie-dippie hysteric opera menstruation music kind of earache thing' (mostly caused by the sound quality of the early seventies videoclip and their appearance), then getting fascinated (these guys are doing a thing of their own and know what they're doing) at around 1.00 a.m., and finally realised at about 4.00 a.m. that I will most probably dig deep into this almost 50 year old collective and it was time for sleep. …woke up this morning and heard Konsert For Folk Flest resounding in my inner ear! Then I made the connection: Magma are yet another great band covering MPmaterial !(joking) :wink: :idea: (the more, the better, from both of them, and long may they reign!)

in reply to: The Tower, 18 months later #35022
          JERO
          Participant

For me The Tower stands strong from day one, and these songs and especially how they are played live mostly convey Energy & Creativity to me (I would say more moving my body than my heart this time). It's not that I demand every MPpiece to move me to tears, they can convey allsorts to you.

When I see/hear Tomas play these crazy, daring drumbreaks during Dreamhome (Rockpalast) it makes me shout out WOOOOO!!! although I never aspired to be someone who shouts out wooooo I cannot help myself, it's the energy, the sheer musicianship-craziness that moves me here.

As for my account of where MP gets me in the heart these days; the song that touches my feeling/heart/soul the most after a long but in no way boring MP-time (in fact since Konsert for folk flest-the Grandioso finale) is Lux Aeterna, not only the melody of the chorus, but especially Snah's wailing, lyrical guitarplaying over the 'bluesy'part after the crazy 'speedjazz'part. They haven't lost that, nowadays it probably won't be a heartbreaking one-take lowfi song that will make your eyes water, it's more incorporated into the whole of a piece I think.

In the end, I'm a believer in bringing body, mind and heart to harmony, in becoming one, to be able to really be able to Human. Musically, I see MP in their 30year growth going there as well. When these 3 aspects are one, the truly great entity will be born, halleluwah!

in reply to: VK-Brussels 29-5-2014 new live vids #34990
            JERO
            Participant

Oh,kidoki!Guess there'll turn up plenty, thanks!

in reply to: VK-Brussels 29-5-2014 new live vids #34988
              JERO
              Participant

@ffBernie; it's great to be able to enjoy this video archive, the evenings when I'm yearning for the next MPshow, which for me will be up in may (Netherlands). I'm surely not the only one turning the volume up and wig out on my own behind my laptop here! A question which I asked some time ago; are you able (now) to upload Lux Aeterna from the Doornroosje Nijmegen gig 12-2018? One of those first impressions that for me meant a great lot when it happened, in fact still dream about that sensation; what the hell went off there! Thanks for all this lux(us) anyways! Guys like you and ThorEgil deserve the specialdeluxe MPmedal, and lifelong free admission to their shows for what you do for all of us nauties!

in reply to: A newbie's MP journey (response to Bartok) #35057
                JERO
                Participant

@Punj Lizard Looking forward to that, Punj, not only can we wig out to MP side by side, but hopefully discuss Snah's strings and equipment as well a lot! :lol:

in reply to: A newbie's MP journey (response to Bartok) #35055
                  JERO
                  Participant

@Punj Lizard; yeah, I get that (upstairs?downstairs), nice. As for me having a hard-on for knocking the proggies: I used to listen a lot to Yes, KC (still do), Tull, even to cassette-tapes of Camel, Asia and whatnot, shared with some classmates, end 70's beginning 80's. For a lot of it I've lost interest but that's not what gives me "softy"! What I've come to dislike is the endless blabbering of proggy-friends of the past not about the music-experience, but about bandmembers, gear, statistics etc, as a cult in itself. Listening to impressive music, and then guys shouting out above the music things like: "you know, he's using these so and so strings here"… I just can't stand that. So therefore it may seem like I condemn all things prog (which I don't). :roll:

And; I'd just like us as forum members to not only sum up, but to express as well. :cheers:

in reply to: A newbie's MP journey (response to Bartok) #35053
                    JERO
                    Participant

Guys, as recognisable (and extended) your accounts are, I don't read a lot about what the music

does for you on the emotional level. I hold MP so dear not just for their amazing history and catalogue and their working ethics, it's the huge part of my life they "soundtracked". It's the mystery of songs like Manmower or Sungravy still bringing the tears to my eyes, they helped me shout out with anger, joy, helped me grief, as well as made me think and explore which belongs to the brain-stuff. I think putting feeling/emotion into words (words belong to the brainy section of being, and as Wittgenstein explains cannot at all be trusted) is a very difficult thing, but I believe the reasons most of us are so attached to this Trondheim group is just that emotional bonding, where the language of their music speaks to your heart. How about trying to share what goes through you when you play Grindstone very very loud, what did you almost smash up in the room, how young and vulnerable do you feel when you listen, REALLY listen to something like the Ballad of Patrick and Putrick, etc? Just summing up when and where you found which album is to mea lot like the boring proggies talk in the schoolyard back in the day… :?

in reply to: 2019-02-17 UFFA, Trondheim #35008
                      JERO
                      Participant

Great photography, Thor, thank you. Even if I can't hear the music of this gig, by looking at your pics I can very much understand the energy of it! :STG:

Did Tomas take the front of the stage here? (he deserves it!)

in reply to: The Crucible (Feb 15, 2019) #34474
                        JERO
                        Participant

Caught myself whistling the title track while taking a shower this morning :lol:

And: at my local ElderYouthPlayRecords club the evening before I've played them Hogwash from the Four Norsemen Of The Apocalyps dvd, after which the Knights of the Turntable were silent for a minute and then one of the gentlemen remarked: after this, what is there to put on next!

in reply to: The Crucible (Feb 15, 2019) #34459
                          JERO
                          Participant

Well, the Crucible (cd) dropped on the doormat today, after a long anticipating wait, especially for the title track, since I had got to know Psychotzar & Lux already from the internet radio podcasts.With those songs at first to me it sounded like flurries of ideas pasted upon each other, but listening closer they began to grow into fascinating constructions that did turn out to be coherent songs in the end, like mini symphonies (that horrible genre they used to name "symphonic rock" springs to mind, luckily MP stays far from what that usually stood for). So after 5 times hearing the title track is it winning coherence for me? Hmmmm…not yet, but it may be a grower, one of those tracks that gain in unity and get better and better until you're absolutely addicted to it, that happened to me before, for instance with Little Lucid Moments. Anyway, I can imagine this one to become a live monster and hope to witness it!

With the cd I had ordered the SuperSonicScientists book, read about half of it, and this seems like a must have for psychonauts , lots of background information, and diversity in the articles written, so if you don't own it yet, it can still be ordered from Stickman!

Now back to playing the Crucible some more! Is today Valentines day?, no way, it's a Motorpsychic day and my wife and I are not going the American but the Norwegian way! :STG:

in reply to: Doornroosje NL 8 dec 2018 #34646
                            JERO
                            Participant

Hey Bernie, wassup! Now that The Crucible is officially out, are you able/permitted to add Lux Aeterna to the Doornroosje-Nijmegen vids? I know there will probably be performances of it filmed in the future, but that night, that first experience of that song was for me the highlight of an otherwise perfectly rocking MPnight, which I relive every other night through playing the vids out loud and with the lights out! Cheers and zet hem op! :D :idea: :D

in reply to: The Crucible (Feb 15, 2019) #34430
                              JERO
                              Participant

GEB was the original guy, soulful drumming. Kenneth precise and Rock, did a great job for a certain MP-era. But now with Tomas, there's adventure again. His jazzy approach (all ears!), the crazy Brufordesque rolls and fills all over the place,his handling of dynamics; very impressive, like in Lux Aeterna, and all the time you have the feeling he is still growing and developping into probably one of the greatest drummers of our time. Again; so lucky to witness this band.

Been listening to Lux a lot by ways of that Polish podcast, and it's really hard not to use only superlatives like that German music-journalist does…This is perfection, there you go. An 11 minute symphony, and in lyrics and moods something like a process we go through confronted with death/the end : (denial) those first words; (anger) the total krankjoreme fucked up supernatural Snah part at 2/4 of the song; (reflection/sorrow) the bluesy part and (acceptance)the reprise. I'm not saying this is what the song is meant to be about, it's what I found listening to it's wonderful structure.

When that new album arrives sometime these next days, I'm damn sure it will fill this house with Motorpsychodelic sound for a long long while!

in reply to: The Crucible (Feb 15, 2019) #34388
                                JERO
                                Participant

They're the Sherrifs of Hong Gong :lol:

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 216 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994