odindahle

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 158 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: Motorpsycho live 2024 #42321
    odindahle
    Participant

Ooooh!
      The Bergenfest gig is composed of only songs that have been released as singles. (See their instagram).

in reply to: 23.09.23 – Verkstedhallen, Trondheim #41769
      odindahle
      Participant

I have to agree with Shakti on everything Olaf.
        I love Olaf as a drummer, as Bigbang is the only band ive listened to longer than Motorpsycho.

That being said; He didnt seem to have listened enough to the material. He had 2-3 fast fills that were used on all songs, and rarely did what Gebhardt/Kapstad/Järmyr does on the records, which is fine for some songs but not all.

I was up front by Snah, and the keyboard-things he did was at one point WAY louder thsn anything else. I was standing two meters away from Olaf, and I could see he was crashing all his cymbals, but I couldnt hear any drums, bass or guitars at all.

With Olaf they should have dropped all the longer Kapstad/Järmyr pieces and replaced them with catchy, shorter songs frol BH/BC and more acoustic stuff imo.

Edit:
        Did they play Sentinels at that poiny of the set? I wroye down «Chariot or something from Astronauts» in my notes.

• This reply was modified 7 months ago by odindahle.
        in reply to: New Motorpsycho Album 16.06.23 #41204
        odindahle
        Participant

Im guessing that the question mark can be a way to say that this is not your ordinary psychrock Motorpsycho album, but something almost like a side project?
          I guess the Tussler projects also could have “Motorpsycho ?” added, as its clearly Motorpsycho.

in reply to: Tomas off? #40904
          odindahle
          Participant

Torstein Lofthus is a living genius, but I´m not sure if he would fit the Motorpsychoverse necessarily. Or even consider moving to Trondheim
            Also he is involved in maybe more projects than Tomas. And he´s a teacher as well I believe.

Really sad news! But also exiting. A part of me misses Kenneth, and a completely new drummer may light a new spark in the mothership?
            :stg:

in reply to: Byscenen Trondheim 03.12.22 #40824
            odindahle
            Participant

Did not see those encores coming!
              Really great show!

in reply to: New Motorpsycho box sets from Rune grammofon #40403
              odindahle
              Participant

I feel the release was rushed.

Information came on mail, then they released it, followed by a long mail on taxes. There should have been more time between announcement and release, and also clearer where to get and when.

in reply to: Motorpsycho Live 2021 #38730
                odindahle
                Participant

They also played Suite: Little Lucid Moments.

in reply to: Motorpsycho Live 2021 #38728
                  odindahle
                  Participant

Setlist at Verkstedhallen 15.05.21:

New song

The waning pt 1 & 2

Kingdom of Oblivion

STG

The Transmutation of Cosmocotpus Lurker

Nox

New «medium long song»

This list is not complete fyi. Just from the top of my head!

Fantastic gig!

in reply to: Nice chat in Adressa #38713
                    odindahle
                    Participant

What concerts are they playing at Lademoen in May?

in reply to: Maiden Voyage rerelease + Sanderfinger #38199
                      odindahle
                      Participant

The Sanderfinger-record is produced by Bent, and has guest apperance by Snah and Lars Lien. Really cool album with alot of Motorpsycho-vibes.

in reply to: New Music #34770
                        odindahle
                        Participant

DRØM – Drømmen Om Oss

Lyrics in Norwegian. Released in 2017.

in reply to: Poll: How many shows have you attended? #31326
                          odindahle
                          Participant

17 since 2007 (I was 15 at the time).

in reply to: 2017-10-22 Bremen, Schlachthof #31052
                            odindahle
                            Participant

I also really enjoy listening to songs I've heard on record live rather than unreleased songs. And for alot of people this is not that accesible.

Something like Starhammer or Kill Devil Hills makes much better encores imo.

in reply to: 2017-10-22 Bremen, Schlachthof #31049
                              odindahle
                              Participant

I didn't attend the show, but I am curious if anyone else feel like HBM vol.2 for 30mins is kinda anti-climatic and slow for en encore? They have used this "song" as an encore on 3 out of 4 of the last gigs I went too. It's a great spaced piece of music, and I love listening to it, just not as an encore.

in reply to: Stockholm #30961
                                odindahle
                                Participant

Kristoffer Lo's guitar skills should not be a surprise, as he plays (played?) alot of guitar in his (old?) band Highasakite! I hope they keep him around, at least when he is available, because I believe he could be that element that could make alot of songs from Phanerothyme, Let Them Eat Cake etc work.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 158 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994