radicus

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    radicus
    Participant

Still Life… the big vegetable looks like it is flipping the bird!

I really like the Sinful Windborne cover.

in reply to: Short interview with Bent for laut.de #38389
      radicus
      Participant

My general philosophy on all this is like The Dude, just abide and go with the flow, ain't shite we can do about it anyway…

“This is a very complicated case Maude. You know, a lotta ins, a lotta outs, lotta what-have-yous.” — The Dude

“Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.” — The Dude

“The art of not reading is a very important one. It consists in not taking an interest in whatever may be engaging the attention of the general public at any particular time. When some political or ecclesiastical pamphlet, or novel, or poem is making a great commotion, you should remember that he who writes for fools always finds a large public. A precondition for reading good books is not reading bad ones: for life is short.”

― Arthur Schopenhauer, Essays and Aphorisms

The horse now looks like the cover of LTEC…I think I'll get some weed and chill out to Pink Floyd.

in reply to: Kingdom of Oblivion #38050
        radicus
        Participant

Love the new single. I don't get the ZZTop comparisons at all. Sounds like classic MP to me. Their melodic taste is what always does it for me both musically and with the voices. The driving sinister pedestrian and robotic beat underlies it beautifully. I do wish the production was less reverby, so I could make out the lyrics better to interpret their social commentary.

That song is gonna be killer live!

in reply to: The Crucible (Feb 15, 2019) #34484
          radicus
          Participant

Yes, the lyrics are included at least on the vinyl fold out cover design.

I think it's a brilliant album. I'm a musician and it took me a long time to accept what another artist actually put out vs what I would do or would have done differently. That's what repeated listening eventually does for me, gets me over the preconceptions and prejudices.

We are so fortunate to have Bent and Snah. Such an epic back catalog that stands the test of time. I tried listening to all their songs sorted by track time order, short to long. What variety, what melody, great sonics, something for everyone. Music for days. Totally dug listening that way :)

Let them do what they wilt! That's why we love them…

in reply to: WCH, Drammen 06/06/09 #12312
            radicus
            Participant

@GBD Sorry, this is all I got. I’ve been following MP since Demon Box and I came to see and experience the band live, since they haven’t ever been to California to play, and to visit Norway and it’s people. That little point and shoot acquitted itself really well, but was a battery hog. I’m sad I didnt get all of the show especially the end since it was a magnificent jam. Norway was not too shabby either… :) And the people rule!

@Rob We saw mostly the bigger bands at the three main stages. Highlight for me was being up front and center to the MSP since that is another band that never comes over the pond. There were too many good bands at the same time to see everything.

in reply to: WCH, Drammen 06/06/09 #12309
              radicus
              Participant

I added a couple of clips of the other bands that night, for the curious out there. Eventually I’ll get around to making DVD of the music shows I went to this summer, I was at the T in the Park in Scotland and got some good stuff and also Hard Rock Live in Hyde Park London. AVCHD files are a pain to edit.

Radicus

web.me.com/radicus2k

in reply to: WCH, Drammen 06/06/09 #12300
                radicus
                Participant

Bent I think stuck with the same Bass all night in contrast to Snah who changed guitars almost every song. Only recognized the Gibson SG for Ozzylot.

Was Shining the death metal band with the saxophone? I did watch their set but only got partial of one song on vid. Very interesting but LOUD!

in reply to: WCH, Drammen 06/06/09 #12298
                  radicus
                  Participant

Yeah, I realized it back then but didnt know the name and named the file No Evil and forgot. These are raw and unedited. I don’t know about VLC on a mac, I took my powerbook pro on the trip which really came in handy for photo and video storage and a few of the video files wouldnt play back on it but played back fine on the camera. I think the codecs are still not fully developed for HD because the camera playback is almost artifact free but even in windows with MPC I get artifacts. So hang on to the files they

might look better in the future…

It didnt help that that night they chose to overdo that blue color stage lighting with no spotlights hardly and strobes in the background.I have a few short clips of the other bands there and they look much better, especially DonkeyBoy, I really had to control myself from filming more of them (because the two really pretty ladies were very,very, tempting!) so as to have more space for Motorpsycho. I did run out of batteries anyways, (used 2 left the 3rd one back at the hotel, arrghhh!) and SD cards (had 2 4gb and 1 2gb that’s why the incompletes. But I know they are picky with the sharing of bootlegs online anyway.

@traktorbass Yeah, that little Lumix can really shoot quality video and the audio is AC3 stereo and its not level limited! which is crucial for live music so it has a lot of headroom and no clipping distortion! Vocals were a little low in the mix but I think they like it like that. What axes are they using nowadays and what amp does Bent play? I couldn’t make it out.

Nice location at a refurbished factory venue with 3 stages. I couldn’t get in to see Kenny’s band as it was packed tight in that little room, my only regret that night, aside from no merchandise, I wanted to play tourist and buy tshirts!

in reply to: WCH, Drammen 06/06/09 #12290
                    radicus
                    Participant

Link should be ok now… Try Media Player Classic, http://mpc-hc.sourceforge.net/ seems to work pretty well for me.

in reply to: WCH, Drammen 06/06/09 #12288
                      radicus
                      Participant

I fixed the broken file links. For some reason MobileMe lost the shared file status. Latest Windows Media Player (especially the Classic edition) or PowerDVD will play them best. VLC doesn’t seem to do as well with them as I get digital artifacts on playback with all the strobe lights. These are AVCHD high resolution files and are a pain to edit with my system.

Did you guys spot the beer throwing incident?

in reply to: WCH, Drammen 06/06/09 #12283
                        radicus
                        Participant

Here is a link to some vids I took that night with my point and shoot camera. Came from Cali just to see them for the first time! Awesome but no Vortex Surfer that night…

http:/web.me.com/radicus2k

George back in California after 3 great months in Europe!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994