WCH, Drammen 06/06/09

Home Forums Setlists WCH, Drammen 06/06/09

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    TraktorBass
    Participant

Correct setlist thanks to Emily Grimes:

Quote:
      Correct setlist

All is loneliness

sideway spiral(1,2,3?)

see no evil

new song

llm

new song(sounded like Hyena in a way…)

year zero

nerve tattoo

you loose

sail on

walking o t water

alchemyst(not sunship)

otherdemon
      Participant

Cool set. Jamming/experimental first half, poppy second half and a long encore.

Was this one of the new songs played? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyMN-x2oq-M

TraktorBass
        Participant

Also: Good show! The new songs are pretty awesome, LLM was on fire and the Sunship jam at the end was out of this world.

Before the show Bent and Snah jammed along with Dazed and Confused that played in the venue.

Bent got pissed about someone throwing something on stage and threatened to cancel the show if it happened again, luckily it didn’t.

And no merch! I had a wad of cash ready to spend, but no merch!

@otherdemon: Could very well be. There was one with a pretty simplistic, fast bass riff that kept repeating. Some polyrhythming I think as well :)

I´m pretty shure Year Zero was in there somewhere, and i think the first “new song” was a new version of Sideway Spiral.

Maby Sideway Spiral III.

Personaly I thought it lacked a litle energy, but it could be just me expecting it to be “Sideway spiral II”, witch kicks muthafrickin` ass, and not beeing able to appreciate the new version.

I thought the show was good, but it had some small disapontments. “You Loose” was kind of buoouoring. (uuuouo uoouo), and the new songs was a bit hard to get the hold on (even though they seemed pretty cool).

But “LLM”, “Year Zero”, “Nerve Tattoo” and “Walking on the water” was top notch.

Kapstad wasn´t as energetic as the previous shows i have attended, but seeing him play a mindblowing set with monolithic only 2 hours earlier may explane the minor lack of energy.

All in all a super-motorpsyadelic experience.

Also i think Bent was a big ass.

He soulden´t have adressed/blamed the entire crowd for one idiot`s idiotic actions. I understand him beeing pissed at this, but he shouldent open a show with naging at the entire crowd. The entire mood was killed.

I think he should have started off with a nicer greeting and then adressed the person who threw the beer. Then I think it would be more legit to be threatening to cancel the show if this happens again.

Yeah, the same happened here at a show in Munich. They didn’t play Black To Comm at the end cause of someone who threw a bottle on stage. Bent was pissed and got of the stage in a pretty arrogant way…. It’s stupid to throw a bottle on stage but you could handle that in bit more friendly way…

TraktorBass
          Participant

Agree about Bent the mood killer, but meh. Forgot about Year Zero! And I thought it maybe was Sideway Spiral, but I didn’t recognize it :)

And: didnt they also play No Evil? :-)

Emily Grimes
            Participant

Correct setlist

All is loneliness

sideway spiral(1,2,3?)

see no evil

new song

llm

new song(sounded like Hyena in a way…)

year zero

nerve tattoo

you loose

sail on

walking o t water

alchemyst(not sunship)

pic gallery from the show:

drammens tidende

review from the same paper(norwegian):

Fangende og Deilig fra Motorpsycho

alex.

supernaut
              Participant

your gallery link seems to be broken…?

boomer former helm
                Participant

you find the link on the article page

Great concert! Got a bit upset about some idiot throwing a beer onstage during the first song, all is loneliness.. which kind of ruined the mood, but it got good again as soon as they played the intro riff on No Evil! Nothing to complain about the songs, really good, and varied in my opinion, maybe a bit much weight on the LLM album, but it’s a great album so why not? really excited about hearing some new material too, short songs so guess they will be on Child Of The Future, cause the space opera material is suposed to be much longer as i got the impression of at least.

Great

SunnO)))Child

[img]http://i727.photobucket.com/albums/ww276/drammenboy45/Setlist.jpg?t=1244924071[/img]The correct setlist with names of the new songs. Great gig apart from the idiots who threw beer at the start.

EDIT: Just noticed I actually got the setlist which was stained from the beer thrown on stage by said idiot.

TraktorBass
                  Participant

Cool, Drammenboy!

Sideway Spiral 4, awesome.

Mr. Victim is on the Child of the Future tracklist, but Ozzylot isn’t, I guess that one’s from the other new album? Sounds like a nickname though, not a real song name.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994