Seattle Psychonaut

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: New drummer on board #29901

I agree with marc to a large degree. I could dig some more hammer down. This seems more of a side shift percussion-wise. Jarmyr is more in the Kapstad experimental realm than Gebhardt's multi-genre style. That having been said, I'm very excited. While I like some releases more than others I feel that Motorpsycho is a band that has made no mis-steps in their walk through the sonic landscape. New blood alwways seems to bring out the best in Bent and Snah.

in reply to: What's your favourite… #29869

@ Blashyrkh – I gotta say, I think that list is a much better primer than Supuersonic. Don't get me wrong, I love most everything on that release but it seemed more Anthology and less Introduction.

in reply to: What's your favourite… #29864

Song: Giftland or Taifun (damn,possibly Stained Glass Roadworks 3 version. Seeing that video is what sent me to Europe for the LLM tour.)

Solo: 577

Riff: Hogwash (Rockefeller '96)

First MP: Walking on the Water (I was surprised no one else listed this. Here in Seattle Washington MP is almost completely unheard of. Everyone I've turned on to MP connected with this right away.)

in reply to: Dimeadozen #21526

Burn to CD for car travel. Old school I know, but alas, the cash strapped work with what we can. I decode to WAV and burn a disc. Is there a better way.

P.S. When the Torrent download is is red for extended periods, what is it telling me. I have 50% of the Utrecht video and I'm trying to get Vienna 2002 and "Muziek-o-Droom". They have been non-active for abot 20 hours.

in reply to: Dimeadozen #21524

Works like a charm!!! Must have been my old FLAC program.

in reply to: Dimeadozen #21523

Thanks a million!

in reply to: Dimeadozen #21521
    in reply to: Dimeadozen #21520

Where do I get that program?

in reply to: Song of the Mellinium #21073

Very Cool!!! Thanks. I couldn't pick it better.

BTW, I can't read the article. Are they doing "Leslies Vest" on the new record. A tip of the hat to the band Mountain (and Leslie West) seems a strange place for a jazz launch pad. What else is on it from the boys.

Gotta say, much as I love the last 4 releases(holy crap, has it been 4. Remember when we were just waiting and waiting?)I'm ready for something off the wall. I love Fishtank and in the right frame of mind dig Motorsource Massacre. 'Course, I dig John Zorn, Wayne Horvitz, Sadhappy and some of the heavier MMW stuff. MP getting wierd. Bring it on!!!

in reply to: rw4 #19165

Yeah, all gripes considered. I still pick Bielefelds version of Landslide WAY over the Dresden version. I'm not sure why they didn't use it. It seems more dynamic with a better solo. But again, that's imho.

in reply to: rw4 #19160

Awesome review. And all the years I have been watching the forums there is always a large population unhappy with some phase of MPs music. I love it all. From Tussler to Pop and all in between. But then, I'm just as likely to throw on Grateful Dead's Live Album and follow it up with Black Sabbath Debut. Motorhead has as much to say (or as little) as Simon and Garfunkel. Love it all. And damned glad it's here. How much would we be digging them if they were still playing the same 10 songs as they played in the 90's like most bands. And the more I listen, the more I like. Familiarity breeds content. (heh heh)

in reply to: rw4 #19156

Remember "Spacewash"? Anyway. Don't if this has come up yet.

Was there a famous baseball player that wore the number 45?

Only Bob Gibson comes to mind… he might be the most dominant starting pitcher of all time.

Don't know if that's who it is. Not sure who Bob Gibson is. I'll take Randy Johnson as the most dominant.

in reply to: rw4 #19148

I stand corrected. He does say it earlier in the evening at the beggining. Funny how closely we all listen to this stuff and yet still have various experiences with it. Cut in for tracking purposes I'm sure. Have to recant on Alchemyst too. Wasn't too thrilled originaly but am now just digging it. The version on RW 4, is it a stand alone or did it segue from semething else? That iller guitar sound it starts with, mon-o-man.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994