Johnny_Heartfield

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 528 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: MP @ Burg Herzberg 2018 #31924
    Johnny_Heartfield
    Participant

Motorpsycho at Herzberg! Much recommended!

in reply to: 2017-12-09 Byscenen, Trondheim #31897
      Johnny_Heartfield
      Participant

Rather Lo K. (byt not Lyesmith). Just a nordic god ;-)

in reply to: Roadburn #31852
        Johnny_Heartfield
        Participant

According to past experiences you can expect a MP festival gig of around 90 – 100 minutes. That's approximately the time the played at Herzberg in 08,11 and 15, at Freak Valley 14 and at the first Krach am Bach festival. Not sure about the last one.

in reply to: Cross References #31756
          Johnny_Heartfield
          Participant

Do I hear a future Motorpsycho tune here? Thought I recognized the riff somewhere in A.S.F.E:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dytxv6XPa3E (30s into the song)

Spinal Tap! Harhar…

in reply to: Cross References #31746
            Johnny_Heartfield
            Participant

There is of course also "stained glass" which might or might not refer to Judas Priest's "Stained Class" album. Unlikely though, as "stained glass" is the original meaning modified by Priest.

L.T.E.C. on the other hand refers to a historical anecdote – when told the people of France didn't have anough bread to eat, Queen Marie Antoinette alledgedly answered: "Let them eat cake…" or "Why don't they eat cake?"

Motorpsycho's title message seems to be more on the side of "Let's give them some really sweet pop songs after we fed our audience with heavy drone material the past years".

in reply to: Fall tour 2017 #30287
              Johnny_Heartfield
              Participant

There must be a recording of the stellar Brussels show around – could somebody please upload it on DIME?

Thanks a lot in advance.

in reply to: Cross References #31744
                Johnny_Heartfield
                Participant

They will probably quote a line from Hawkwind's Space Ritual on the (hopefully) forthcoming next Roadwork: "We had to take out a bit of [insert song title] because it was too long:"

in reply to: Cross References #31730
                  Johnny_Heartfield
                  Participant

Oh – and 7th dream sounds a lot like "Cortez the killer" to me.

And "the faster we go, the rounder we get". That's Dead for you – Motorpsycho's title (part of K9 on RW1) is just the other way round. Got it fast ;-)

in reply to: Cross References #31729
                    Johnny_Heartfield
                    Participant

Whole Lotta Diana – Just turned up in the "worst songs" thread – phew!

I love that one – the AC/DC reference is not only obvious in the title, but also in the somehow inverted "Whole Lotta Rosie" Riff. And they end the song with AC/DC's intro to "Sin City". R.I.P. Malcolm, by the way

in reply to: Cross References #31723
                      Johnny_Heartfield
                      Participant

That's some of the easy ones. Titles that speak for themselves.

Any trickier stuff?

in reply to: 2017-11-10 Festsaal Kreuzberg Berlin #31591
                        Johnny_Heartfield
                        Participant

Full psetlist? Anywhere? Or is that the Berlin setlist below the radio link in the original post? Must be then – but I find it a bit confusing that it was obviously posted two days before the show – probably edited into an older post.

in reply to: 2017-11-08 Köln, Bürgerhaus Stollwerck #31230
                          Johnny_Heartfield
                          Participant

@Punj Lizard: I'll get you a copy somehow. I think it is ok with the guys on DIME that recorded and distributed the show. Motortrades is a bit more restrictive.

How do you like your Cologne souvenir – shall I upload the concert somewhere else (zippyshare or filefactory if possible) an send you a download link?

Will take some time though – it's about 1 gigabyte of material.

Do not want to post it publicly though – with respect to the original uploader.

I'll better post a link on my website for a short time, if that's ok for you.

Just let me know if you still need the material – I'll send you a link to my website after uploading.

in reply to: 2017-11-05 Live Club Trezzo d'Adda #31544
                            Johnny_Heartfield
                            Participant

Ha – I enjoyed RW II very much when I rediscovered it some years ago. Major achievement in MPs recording career ;-)

All you blasphemysts and tyrants – let's all meet under the oak tree for a multi-sides duel armed with Ghettoblasters of the same power and everyone playing his/her favourite motorpsycho tune/album at the same time.

(Would end up to someling like RWII – so my point is proven…)

in reply to: 2017-11-08 Köln, Bürgerhaus Stollwerck #31217
                              Johnny_Heartfield
                              Participant

Still recovering – couldn't sleep till about 4.30 in the morning after that monster of a gig. For those still travelling – hope you reach your destination safe and ready for the next adventures, whether motorpsychedelic or not ;-)

@Tomcat – Spacebandit told me on DIME somebody was going to record – was that you? Or probably some other helpful person from Mars? There was enough space drive to reach the outer region of the solar system anyway…

Recording or not – won't forget this gig for a while!

in reply to: 2017-11-08 Köln, Bürgerhaus Stollwerck #31206
                                Johnny_Heartfield
                                Participant

Overwhelming. Started with an incredible 40 minute chien de cologne with Bent changing a string in full flight. Not a weak number tonight, band obviously endjoyed themselves,

lots of jamming included. Incredible!

Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 528 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994