supernaut

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 2,131 through 2,145 (of 2,164 total)
  • Author
    supernaut
    Participant

I find it quite interesting that we have a pro and contra vinyl discussion. I rather see this thing as a pro and contra album subject. Yes one can listen to a whole downloaded album and pick his favourite tracks on the LP player. But doesn’t the latter format imply listening to the whole album? Maybe even take a break after the last song faded?

Quote:
      Have you thought that maybe they actually don’t want you to listen to it while driving in traffic and not paying attention to the music?

Prince and Kyuss come to mind who released albums on CD (Lovesexy & Sky Valley) with almost to none song indexes. And Kyuss even instructed the listener with a “listen without distraction” note on the sleeve. So they screwed the customer’s preferences?

in reply to: New album! #11678
      supernaut
      Participant

stop whining and buy a bloody record player on the flea market.

in reply to: Roadburn #11602
        supernaut
        Participant

taifun

plan#1

year zer0

now THERE’s a combo. o_O

seems they’re quite cinemascopic this year.

in reply to: New album! #11663
          supernaut
          Participant

@jtr

you’re a very silly young lad.

in reply to: New album! #11660
            supernaut
            Participant

geeez, this hasn’t anything to do with old and new and hippie and whatnot. it’s probably a decision of sound. recording by steve albini and putting it out on vinyl simply go hand in hand.

but yes maybe it’s a basic cherish-the-vinyl statement from MP’s side as well. in these dark times of customer lead download demands. the latter is the doom that must be fought. hail to the cildren of the future who shall worship the arts again as intended by the artists.

in reply to: New album! #11647
              supernaut
              Participant

drool.gif

in reply to: Song of the Month, April: Little Lucid Moments #11550
                supernaut
                Participant

As I asked, who’s “we”?

The urge for harmony and getting back with nature is a nice thing to point out, but outside of our cushioned european welfare states with 24h medical care and teenage angst and job angst and disillusions and burnouts and the fear of not-being-hugged-every-other-hour, the world has more urgent problems.

in reply to: Song of the Month, April: Little Lucid Moments #11544
                  supernaut
                  Participant

btw I still think LLM only deals with the band’s recent biography. We’re way out now. :lol:

in reply to: Song of the Month, April: Little Lucid Moments #11543
                    supernaut
                    Participant

When I’m speaking of the bible’s value, then not as a believer. I’m an atheist. But to wipe it off just because of personal disbelief, is a silly thing to do. The bible (as any other ancient scrolls) contains lots of timeless wisdom. Our “modern” times are in need of wisdom and values. Call it deity, I don’t care. Did Jesus really live? I don’t care. Nor do I care about medieval witchburning or the pope’s recipe against AIDS. That’s the historical crap which doesn’t affect my thinking. And to me therein lies no contradiction to science and reason. That’s other people’s problem through the centuries and is also too much of a big-picture thing for me to discuss here properly.

Or you can also turn to Zarathustra or the greek philosophers. Why aren’t those useful anymore? Because they didn’t publish on the internet? What has changed? Western mankind took a thousand steps back in the medival times. We here are only making ground again.

How are the pantheistic religions more nature oriented than christianity? Does the bible tell mankind to destroy God’s creation? One should be careful not to mix the facts only because of all the stupid things done and said by dumb or reckless people in the name of that book. Or because other philosophies kinda sound cooler, for that matter.

Uniting by leaving all old beliefs and philosophies behind because we’ve “moved on”? Who is “we” then? And where do “we” move to? What if there are different ways to go? Who are we to talk down cultural merits and religions? To me this is everything else but free thought.

in reply to: Song of the Month, April: Little Lucid Moments #11540
                      supernaut
                      Participant

@Traktor, why not put faith in the Bible? It’s a whole lotta smart stuff (and some fairytelling). I’m not asking you about religion and belief, and let’s forget christian history and all blahblah. But as the ancient tome of philosophy and insight into the human soul, it sure is interesting. We’re all deeply influenced by it, believers and nonsuch. Be it on personal purpose or by accident while living in our societies which are undeniably based on its values.

in reply to: Motorpsycho’s favourite album list! #11389
                        supernaut
                        Participant

I’m with Evol there.

From Genesis we also must add Foxtrot and Nursery Cryme. Those two feel more motorpsychedelic to me than Selling England by the Pound. There’s even a Supersonic Scientist mentioned in the song “Supper’s Ready”.

From Led Zeppelin I’d rather pick Physical Graffiti. Very Trust Us.

in reply to: Song of the Month, April: Little Lucid Moments #11528
                          supernaut
                          Participant

I had to edit my posting about that lyrics part due to strikingly bad english. Hope it makes sense now.

in reply to: Song of the Month, April: Little Lucid Moments #11527
                            supernaut
                            Participant

I imagine Bent and Snah sing what they wrote respectively…

in reply to: Song of the Month, April: Little Lucid Moments #11525
                              supernaut
                              Participant

Ah here’s one though:

I favoured this…

“im here to steal your heart, add measures to your fear

to make you so confused that everything becomes clear

(…)

I’m the whirlwind that you reap

having sown the wind I’ll wake you from your sleep

I am chaos I combust

to leave your pure enlightened mind fucked in the dust”

…the moment I heard it. By picking it out of context: these verses struck me as a means to shake one’s foundations, precognitions and solid imageries and beliefs upon everything one defines. The writer/singer thrashes those of the listener to shambles. And trying to make something out through the dust and smoke we hopefully come to understand that a “truth” doesn’t exist. But that’s exactly what truth is.

in reply to: Song of the Month, April: Little Lucid Moments #11523
                                supernaut
                                Participant

I seldomly interpret lyrics, so… unless it strikes me really hard. But your analysis is really sharp. So I couldn’t get that one outta my head now anyway.

Btw what makes you so sure Bent wrote all the lyrics?

(I should’ve asked him in my dream last night. Yep I did dream meeting them. Jeez… and I also dreamt I was involved in the TV show Lost but it became all real and I had to calm down Desmond who was about to lose his marbles and suddenly there were zombie dogs and all…)

Viewing 15 posts - 2,131 through 2,145 (of 2,164 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994