mr. nelson

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: Black hole – no canvas #21746

True there is lot of other instrumentation except for drums, bass and guitars on other albums as well…some of it actually fits quite well into the music…Man just listen to songs such as sun gravy….the outro of demon box…and even the very first track on the first record…violin and that´s just ok…even Siddhartino is ok in its context…Nevertheless no one wants 30 minutes of siddhartino…and this album, is in my opinion, loaded with weird tracks. Wtf is this Sculls in Limbo??? Furthermore…listen to La Lethe….sounds like something from norwegian Kirkelig Kulturverktsted gone terribly wrong…and I am really afraid of sharks after listening to this album…

All the good Crimson, Yes, ELP albums has one weird track, some of them are not good standing alone, but they fit into the context…Unicorn has this overweight of weird tracks… Mutiny is a brilliant one I agree, but it doesn´t weigh up for the lack of good tracks though

in reply to: Black hole – no canvas #21739

Phanerothyme is indeed a pop album, but not a concept album where all the musical parts are thematically and musically linked…They have also not used a modular approach to record it…

in reply to: Black hole – no canvas #21736

After a meltdown and being in an alienated state of mind after the release of this album I am now coming to my senses again…

I just want to be more specific about what I´ve said earlier

When I drew a connection between this album and free jazz I thought of it as some kind of orchestrated free jazz where the band has been jamming and suddenly it is overdubbed in a sick way by jazz musicians

Right now I´m listening to Carn Evil 9 by ELP, what I will consider to be one of the greatest peaces of music ever written. This part of the legendary album from 1973 is pretty far out, even if compared with the unicorn…So I am contemplating what makes me like the ELP album and not the unicorn…I think it has something to do with the fact that Brain Salad Surgery is made by the band it self without the interference of jazz musicians… And all the far out parts, are in my opinion, connected together in an intricate but beautiful way…Progrock is art for gods and if you make mistakes you will fail to the fullest…I will even admit that the unicorn has its moments, but there is a vast ocean between these good parts…There is too much saxophone-intro-shit…it is not cool…it is not funny…it´s just annoying…and what is all this violin crap on flotsam??? I just don´t get it…

I like mp the best when they try to delimit their ideas and focus on the sheer brilliance of complex music in a shorter format…One of mp´s greatest moments has to Sinful Windborne…

Last year saw the release of an album that would´ve been one of the all time classics had it been released back in ´66. The Beach Boys Smile Album is a complex and beautiful album with shorter themes of music…

Imagine mp going that direction…making a pop concept album…Well it´s a dream even more far out than the unicorn album…but it would´ve been great…I guess I´ll have to keep on dreaming for a very long time…

in reply to: Black hole – no canvas #21727

…Nothing ever prepared me for this moment

How I wish I'd never (heard this album)

I never felt so powerless or broken…less equal and less free…

All is broken…our ship is sunk in the deep forever…all lost and gone…

Such a proud vessel…

in the depths forever

now the sun is gone and we're lost in the fog –

directionless, alone

Oh my mates, what're the odds we shall

ever reach our homeland?

What will become of us now?

Say no more…listeners it's all in there

They've given up…and this is all we're left with

I wished they ended it after child of the future which was a brilliant one

in reply to: Black hole – no canvas #21726

Or let us put it this way…the ship is cursed, and we'll be lucky to ever come back home again…

in reply to: Black hole – no canvas #21725

Ok…maybe it's me getting old…and can not relate to things anymore…

My meeting with the unicorn is like the little boy's reaction to "the emperor's new clothes" like in the fairytale by H.C. Andersen…

I like prog. from the 70's, my favourite record is Close to the edge…I even like Tarkus by ELP…

but what the heck is this…this is freejazz…the picture in the cover with the band members in the boat…that is what it's all about…band members drifting down the river…ending up where ever???

Out of the woods sounds like the soundtrack of Karius and Bactus on an acid trip….until suddenly someone in the band says…oh we used to be a rock band let's play fuzz guitars…

The remaining tracks are all packed in some quasi violin intro's and shit…

Man I could understand it if lasted for 15 seconds….but several minutes….Jesus what's happening…???

When you listen to tree top drive by Deathprod, you know what you're in for…but MP used to have this melodic 4 track songs in between long and beautiful droners…what's happening…???

They should at least have made this some kind of project for people who are realy interested…this is not motorpsycho…this is motor jazz (free jazz so to speak)…

well…I will not complain anymore…I left the sinking ship right here…

in reply to: Black hole – no canvas #21710

Sorry for typing errors…

in reply to: Black hole – no canvas #21709

well…I don´t mean to offend anyone. I know that music taste is music taste…you can agree or disagree.

Only thing is if you´ve been a fan for the half of your life…

I was addicted the first time I heard the sound of Demon Box back in 1993…I appreciated what they did with Timothy´s Monster the year after…The tussled I thought was original and fresh…and everything album after that in the 90´s…Thing I´ve seen around 25 gigs…they´ve always surprised me with new sounds etc…

Them going that much into jazz territory is me the definite proof that they´ve cut off from everything that made them special…

I am a fan of many of the 70´s prog bands…

Sometimes you just have this intuitive feeling that things aren´t the way it should be…

I mean…nobody wanted to here Emerson, Lake and Palmer ending up on their "Love Beach" or hear Metallica playing with a siphonic orchestra…

Going from rock to jazz is the proof that you´ve become old…

Just to quote G. Slick (Jefferson airplane) When you see them there…. I mean God help them…it´s a strange dream that is wrong…

That´s what I think of mp as a jazz band…

in reply to: Timothy’s Moster 4CD-Box (2010 Re-Release) #17875

I really brilliant reissue if you ask me. As a fan of the mellotron I don’t understand how they could choose to leave out innersfree and alter the ending on grindstone. The first master is a masterpiece. Just listen to how innersfree fades into giftland.

I don’t fancy on my pillow and beautiful sister. And the Wheel is way too long if you ask me…but maybe you don’t…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994