The Other Anders

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 281 total)
  • Author
    The Other Anders
    Participant

Now that we are playing old covers again, it’s time to bring back The House At Pooneil Corners! Their coolest cover ever.
      And it has to start with that angst-inducing do-di-do-di-dee, do-di-do-di-DEE-organ! That was opportunities missed both when Ståle joined them, as well as when Deathprod returned for Demon Box anniversary.

in reply to: 17.10.23 – DE Reutlingen, Franz K #42087
      The Other Anders
      Participant

They have a tendency to dry out towards the end, but let’s see.

Are you still keeping count of all the songs played, Jürgen?

in reply to: 17.10.23 – DE Reutlingen, Franz K #42084
        The Other Anders
        Participant

Looks like another good one. They keep introducing two new songs per night. Nice to see PPP there, surprising to se Young Man Blues.

in reply to: 15.10.2023 – BE, Kortrijk – De Kreun #42079
          The Other Anders
          Participant

Radical Lacuna!

in reply to: Motorpsycho live 2023 #41916
            The Other Anders
            Participant

@Be (and anyone else still on the fence): Setlist is secondary, we all know that. If you have even just the slightest of opportunities to do so, do your future self a favour and go see at least one concert of this tour!

in reply to: 06.10.2023 – SE, Malmö – Plan B #41903
              The Other Anders
              Participant

I liked it much more than Trondheim. Both setlist and playing was more to my liking. Quality over quantity. Or, just something completely else.

New drummers are inevitably going to be compared, and Ingvald reminded me very much of Geb, who for me will always be the one to compare with. Again a man who can play both old and new. Without criticizing Kenneth and Tomas, nor Olaf, Ingvald has that Motorpsycho punch – that drive – that is so important. He playes with great variation and ingenuity, without overloading the overall sound. This, together with the absense of Reine – and it’s a crime that we have no Roadwork with him – opened up for the classic MP trio dynamics, much like we know them from Roadwork 1.

Attendance a bit better than last year, my estimation approx 150 very attentive people. You could hear that needle drop after Cosmoctopus, one of several magic moments.

Tonight: Copenhagen. And then my tour is already over, just when they are getting started…

in reply to: 29.9.2023 – Terminalen, Ålesund #41839
                The Other Anders
                Participant

Thank you! It’s appreciated, as I am not on Instagram. Please keep it coming.

in reply to: Motorpsycho live 2022 #40827
                  The Other Anders
                  Participant

I have friend who has two tix for Asker for sale because he cannot go. Contact him at erikstormer :mp: hotmail :-) com

in reply to: Motorpsycho live 2022 #39372
                    The Other Anders
                    Participant

Update:

10.09.2022 – DE Bremen, Hellseatic Festival

23.09.2022 – BE Leuven, Het Depot

13.10.2022 – NO Bø i Telemark, Kroa Bø Jazzklubb

14.10.2022 – NO Drammen, Union Scene

10.12.2022 – NO Asker, Asker Kulturhus

in reply to: other Bootleg-Exchange-Platform then Dime #40116
                      The Other Anders
                      Participant

Zero response is unfortunately not unexpected. But it is/has been summer holidays, so…

Our problem is two-fold:

1) We can't add new members to motortrades as the person who can do that is no longer active in the community (if I understand it correctly).

2) Some of us cannot (for technical or practical reasons) get stuff off Dime.

I don't think though, that our community of live recording collectors is very big. We would love for it to grow, and in that way contribute to spreading the word, but for now I think we should wait a bit more.

In the meantime, it is my impression that people here gladly share the recordings with non-torrenters, for instance via WeTransfer.

I will gladly share what I have, you can always write me at adandenco2 :smoke: yahoo :mrgreen: dk

in reply to: 2022-05-22 München, Backstage Halle #39947
                        The Other Anders
                        Participant

What a magnificent concert! And one of the best audience recordings of the tour.

The Huge Hopper thing definitely sounds familiar, but I can't place it. Maybe it's just inspired by Hugh Hopper?

in reply to: 22-05-23 Beatpol Dresden #39975
                          The Other Anders
                          Participant

@dongonz: You've got mail.

in reply to: 2022-05-03 Hannover, Faust #39801
                            The Other Anders
                            Participant

@suntripper: Thanks for the tip about Video DownloadHelper.

in reply to: 2022-05-06 Cologne, Gloria #39845
                              The Other Anders
                              Participant

Joecoco and others who aren't on Dime, write me at adandenco2 :finger: yahoo :D dk.

in reply to: 2022-05-03 Hannover, Faust #39783
                                The Other Anders
                                Participant

First part being aired tomorrow. Is someone recording it?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 281 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994