06.10.2023 – SE, Malmö – Plan B

Home Forums General 06.10.2023 – SE, Malmö – Plan B

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    The Other Anders
    Participant

Real again
      Babylon
      Cold + Bored
      Sunchild
      Feel

Chariots
      Sentinels
      Magic & Wonder
      On A Plate
      Cosmoctopus
      Patterns
      Nothing To Say
      Lacuna/Sunrise
      Serpentine
      Alchemist

ASFE
      Rock Bottom
      Whole Lotta Diana (not played)

2h 20

Trio gig. Trio dynamics. Singing good. Sound better. Ingvald great. Jams. Outer orbit reached.

grindove
      Participant

Wow! Not even half the set same as yesterday. The are not making it easy for Ingvald, which is awesome! He’s not on vacation :D

The Other Anders
        Participant

I liked it much more than Trondheim. Both setlist and playing was more to my liking. Quality over quantity. Or, just something completely else.

New drummers are inevitably going to be compared, and Ingvald reminded me very much of Geb, who for me will always be the one to compare with. Again a man who can play both old and new. Without criticizing Kenneth and Tomas, nor Olaf, Ingvald has that Motorpsycho punch – that drive – that is so important. He playes with great variation and ingenuity, without overloading the overall sound. This, together with the absense of Reine – and it’s a crime that we have no Roadwork with him – opened up for the classic MP trio dynamics, much like we know them from Roadwork 1.

Attendance a bit better than last year, my estimation approx 150 very attentive people. You could hear that needle drop after Cosmoctopus, one of several magic moments.

Tonight: Copenhagen. And then my tour is already over, just when they are getting started…

Martn
          Participant

I have to agree about Ingvald. I might be a bit biased because he’s such s nice bloke. Talked to him a few weeks ago when Kanaan played in Dresden. But he just offers the right kind of dynamics for Motorpsycho. And I’m pretty sure he has loads to offer creatively for a new chapter. Exciting times!

Also I agree on the sound and the singing, both pretty good.

See you tonight. I will be looking out for a familiar face.

Also: BENTISLOUDINGVALDISWILDBUTONLYSNAHISGOD
            :stg:

boomer former helm
            Participant

Hey Martn, great to read your words. I wasnt sure yesterday if it is really you :) See you in Hamburg??? :yahoo:

hogw
              Participant

A relief to read those reports, thanks!

I nearly lost faith after the Trd gig.

Martn
                Participant

Yes it’s me. Not going to Hamburg though. That would be too complicated in one day by train and bike. We’ll see each other back home by the end of the month. Enjoy Hamburg and the rest of the dates!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994