The Other Anders

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 281 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: other Bootleg-Exchange-Platform then Dime #40109
    The Other Anders
    Participant

Good work. Yes, send it.

in reply to: Maiden Voyage rerelease + Sanderfinger #38258
      The Other Anders
      Participant

@grindove: No worries. "Postnord has invested billions in detoriating service", hahaha :-) Right on! And to add unsult to injury, it's taxpayers money.

I don't find our ramblings here off topic at all.

in reply to: other Bootleg-Exchange-Platform then Dime #40102
        The Other Anders
        Participant

It might be nitpicking, and some might disagree, but I would use "fan-recordings" instead of "Bootleg Tapes", as "bootleg" indicates actual pressing and sale of releases. I also do not consider my contributions to our archives bootlegs, as they are taped with the band knowing and accepting it, and shared freely in the family, as agreed upon.

I looked up numerous definitions of "bootleg", most say something like "To produce, distribute, or sell without permission or illegally", which is exactly what we don't do.

This definition from https://www.rarerecords.net/record-info/bootleg-records/ comes closest to how I understand bootlegging in music:

"In the strictest sense, a bootleg record is an album that has been pressed and released by a third party who has no relationship with the recording artist or the artist's record company and which has been released with neither the knowledge or approval of either."

Therefor I prefer "fan-recording" to "bootleg".

in reply to: Maiden Voyage rerelease + Sanderfinger #38256
          The Other Anders
          Participant

Then try ordering from outside of the EU in Denmark:

25% VAT + import fee of €22 for goods between €0-155. Above €155 add an additional 2,5% customs on the value of goods, packaging and postage, then add VAT of that price, then add import fee.

Needless to say, these limited releases are already too expensive before postage, VAT and fees. I have stopped buying them.

The import fee in Norway, btw, is €15.

It's all political, and apparently we love to pay taxes and fees up here in the north in order to protect our home market. Question is: Who does it protect? Not the creators, that's for sure.

in reply to: other Bootleg-Exchange-Platform then Dime #40097
            The Other Anders
            Participant

Link works fine here. What's your point, suntripper?

in reply to: Motorpsycho DB #36745
              The Other Anders
              Participant

@kippenhok: Thank you! Check your inbox.

in reply to: other Bootleg-Exchange-Platform then Dime #40087
                The Other Anders
                Participant

I have no direct line, I just say hi on the road. I imagine there must be someone here closer to the band than I am.

in reply to: other Bootleg-Exchange-Platform then Dime #40082
                  The Other Anders
                  Participant

Back in the day the band allowed me/us to tape under the provision that we share the recordings in the family only.

20 years ago the band didn't want the live recordings spread publicly on the internet. This was also, if I remeber it correctly, one of the motivations behind Motortrades, an invitation only platform. Admittedly it does not work as intended, as we have not been able to add new members for quite some years, plus maybe torrents have lost popularity to newer, simpler ways of sharing music.

I don't know how public DIME is considered, but I felt the promise to the band was broken already back when the recordings were shared there. Mind you, I don't mind my recordings shared. I think the more people to get to hear the band the better. But this is not about my conviction, it's about respecting the wish of the band.

So I think we should ask them if they would mind us going ahead with the archives.org solution.

As the last tour showed, they do not have the same draw as before, a trend that started some time ago. They need to rethink their approach.

Engaging the core fan base and facilitating viral interaction are clearly the best tools in the tool box 20 years on.

in reply to: 2022-05-03 Hannover, Faust #39782
                    The Other Anders
                    Participant

What a wonderful concert! The first two hours – up to and including Spin x3 – are basically one long jazzy jam floating in and out of space.

in reply to: Motorpsycho DB #36727
                      The Other Anders
                      Participant

Correction to the database: 2006-05-05 Münster was recorded. There are two sources. The one that is circulating misses part of Sail On. The second source is complete and recorded by yours truly. I am looking into circulating it.

in reply to: Motorpsycho DB #36726
                        The Other Anders
                        Participant

@kippenhok: I would "need" 24OCT2006 Oslo Rockefeller! I was even there. Would love it of you circulated it.

Also: Do you also have Stavanger 2001 (was it?) You mentioned a Stavanger recording years ago that is not yet circulating…

in reply to: Motorpsycho DB #36724
                          The Other Anders
                          Participant

Additional info to 28 Nov 2002 Oslo Rockefeller: Complete audience recording exists and should be circulating. Otherwise let me know.

in reply to: Motorpsycho DB #36723
                            The Other Anders
                            Participant

I miss Tussler shows in the database. Any reason for leaving them out?

To me, it's all Motorpsycho until Geb continues without Bent & Snah under the name Tussler Society instead of The International Tussler Society… Reference: L.T.E.C. form BH/BC.

in reply to: Motorpsycho DB #36722
                              The Other Anders
                              Participant

First, as I have learned, something positive: Good job by everyone involved!

Second, constructive critisism: I suggest treating NOX as one song, just like LLM. And then, should they play only part of NOX in the future, that part or those parts can be introduced as separate songs in those setlist, like when they play only Hallucifuge from LLM.

To round off, something positive again: Love the database!

in reply to: other Bootleg-Exchange-Platform then Dime #40066
                                The Other Anders
                                Participant

But where is the administrator of Motortrades? How long since we last were able to add new members?

I know Juergen is doing his best to keep the tracker alive, and now that I have found qBittorrent I am back on and seeding when I can, and a few more do too, but I haven't seen new members in a long time.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 281 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994