Bartok

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 126 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: Kingdom of Oblivion – reviews #38611
    Bartok
    Participant

🙌🙌🙌

in reply to: Kingdom of Oblivion – reviews #38609
      Bartok
      Participant

Wow, thanks! Can’t find the Freak Zone interview online, let me know if you have a link 💯 And yes, NRK has done a lot of MP related content throughout the years, but I always find it a bit light. Like when they were inducted into the hall of fame, and had that huge exhibition, you would almost expect an in-depth documentary, not just a conversation w a famous actor fanboy. Nice guy, nice conversation, but still!

Lydverket had something on LLM, and the tour in Japan, I just wish for something more like a round table, conversations more than a documentary. About the craft, about everything. Lol, I’m dreaming. But, what album could that have been that you’re talking about? Prob one of the box sets, let me know if you find out.

in reply to: Kingdom of Oblivion #38058
        Bartok
        Participant

Lol, I’ve also started really appreciating the Waning, it took some time w this one. Thanks for the lyrics @Angel – don’t exactly know what Bent’s on about, the climate crisis? Not often you hear lines like “earth's homeostasis”, had to look it up, but it at least sounds good. Looking forward for more! :STG:

in reply to: Kingdom of Oblivion – reviews #38607
          Bartok
          Participant

If anything these days I love *reading* about MP (lol) but seriously, and I’ve said this before, I wish someone (hello NRK, or a private initiative) could be more proactive and document this band. If they would cooperate. I love those old programs from the 70s and 80s (the South Bank Show on BBC comes to mind) where the art and artist is taken seriously, and there is a genuine interest. And it’s so great for us fans, to hear the artists talk about their work. A reviewer can only say so much. I’m very curious to hear more from Bent, and HM and Thomas. Hopefully something is in the works.

in reply to: Kingdom of Oblivion – reviews #38606
            Bartok
            Participant

I’m beyond stoked after these reviews! 💯

in reply to: Kingdom of Oblivion #38039
              Bartok
              Participant

And I totally get the Hell associations, same vibe. Not my favorite! I must say I’m a bit confused about Bents singing these days, what’s going on, it feels a bit like a machine? Maybe some production I’m not aware of, or maybe it’s the specter, this thing that is not a scream, but some safe notes/tones. I don’t know, but as in The Waining chorus, the end of each line ending on this note (the Hell note), three four times then back to the riff (pretty neat riff btw, as always). Just listened to BHBC and The 29th Bulletin to have some perspective of what his “mature” voice (not the adulescent scream) is or was able to convey, and man. So great. Not my favorite song, but the texture in the voice is maybe something that’s being digitally botoxed away these days. Bummer.

I think it might be the production more than the songwriting I can’t relate to. Or maybe both. Or maybe my inclinations are more attuned to old-school MP and I just have to deal w MP v3. Or v4. If so, that’s fine, new pastures, and I’ll stop being so negative on this forum reminiscing old times and let things be as they are. There’s a time for everything and the concerts are always great. But still hoping for some real MP weirdness and emotions ahead, it will make this COVID prison and life a bit sweeter. Let’s see in a few weeks.

in reply to: Kingdom of Oblivion #38038
                Bartok
                Participant

Been binging on it for a while tonite, and it doesn’t give me too much I must say, a bit disappointed about possible new landscapes, new sounds and explorations, and what “heavy” means for MP these days. But then again I was never a ZZ Top fan. But nice energy, and professional as always (hm professional is perhaps a prefix, but not a description I like to attribute to art). Feel that this non-melodic chorus is a bit overused by now. But it’s a nice rocker I suppose, rolling along. Excited to hear it in context, and the MP singles have never been the highlights of the albums the last years, so I’m pessimistically optimistic. Come Kingdom, come April 16.

in reply to: Albums missing on Spotify #38710
                  Bartok
                  Participant

Good idea, and not too expensive, thanks!

in reply to: Albums missing on Spotify #38708
                    Bartok
                    Participant

Thanks 🙌

in reply to: Kingdom of Oblivion – reviews #38595
                      Bartok
                      Participant

Interesting. I agree, I don’t think the RG/MP records have been super inspiring in the art department, lack of individuality. I thought it perhaps had to do w MP not really fitting into RGs pretty strict ECM-ish aesthetic. Oh well, it is how it is. Would love to hear/read Snahs comments, though I don’t have the Brekkstad thingie. But it makes sense, perhaps commissioning artists to do the artwork and having a simple/ordinary typography is their resolve, though I’m not sure this is the right way. Hm, we’ll see.

in reply to: Kingdom of Oblivion – reviews #38593
                        Bartok
                        Participant

Agree with you all, and def waiting for more new stuff, and no way man, no yawning at MP concerts. After the last one I thought I had finally developed tinnitus, so any yawning would be to equalize the pressure in my sinuses and brain 😅

On another note I think it’s a shame they seem to have left Kim Hiorthøy for good, I thought it was just an exception w the Gullvåg trilology as those records (obviously) used other artwork and deferred from the Rune Gramofon and MP formula. But MP seem to have a different sub-label of sorts on RG, instead of the normal old RCD they are filed as MPCD. Maybe this facilitates a different design, who knows. Anyway. I noticed that they also use the same designer for the Trondheim reissues (Maiden Voyage etc), so I guess it’s a new alliance. I just find this approach more standard or something. More like products, less inspiring. I don’t know, just me nerding out in the pandemic isolation. This might not be the right thread for all of this, just had to vent.

Peace out and sail on as we wait for Kingdom come! ✌️

in reply to: Albums missing on Spotify #38706
                          Bartok
                          Participant

My issue today is that I just purchased the Blissard box-set (triggered by the recent Bernie vids, and which used to be on Spotify, but was at some point removed – fine) but I remember this as an abs fantastic collection, both the first Stockholm (Pidah?) mix, but also cd 4, with all the demos, outtakes and the jazzy stuff someone mentioned in another thread. A heartbreaker of a record. But, back to my issue, I don’t have a computer w a CD-drive, so I’m a bit confused as how to listen to this on my phone (yes my disc-man is long gone, phew). What do you guys do? A visit to Teknisk Museum? Hm. All suggestions are welcome! ❤️

in reply to: Kingdom of Oblivion – reviews #38588
                            Bartok
                            Participant

@TraktorBass @Be – I agree. I think it has finally! (lol) sunk in for me that they are not esp interested in exploring those landscapes anymore. Which is fine, there's a time for everything, they had an exceptional good run, and perhaps those songs and landscapes are more a product of youth. I don't know. I’ve written this before. But now it's apparently time (not to skate) but to sail around in the Milky Way. I think perhaps BHBC and COTF was a wrap-up of sorts, a bookend.

But – I do feel like they've been venturing around and exploring this particular part of the Universe for quite some time now, prog-heaven, also Californian CSN-terrirtory, to many peoples excitement I’ve understood, but maybe not to mine. I’m more of a heavy-rock/indie/lofi “kid”. I just hope they land somewhere new(!) soon, not necessary more "accessible", but just somewhere new, for egoistic reasons. Some new exploration. Jazz or folk or acoustic or drone, or a combo: please! Or something I can’t think about: It would just feel so *good* and *refreshing* to finally feel again. Feel them again. And not in the Lux Aerterna way, but in the less disciplined way. Perhaps w the Kingdom of Oblivion, though the reviews gives me the vibe of more of the same. Which is fine, I just don't spin the recent 10 records so often. I don't want to complain, it's just how it is. For me. I might just stop hoping, but I will never do, MP means a lot to me, still do, the concerts are still great, but man, the last time I saw them and they played Manmower, I was reminded of the insane power of those songs. Which they still channel. I just want more, lol.

And yes, excited to hear what they've got for us this time. I will never stop listening, appreciating, but also hoping, for more BLISS :STG:

in reply to: Motorpsycho VHS archive #36589
                              Bartok
                              Participant

Wow, these are just Great. Thanks Bernie 💯 Feels so good to feel again ✌️ I dont miss the 90s or 00s but when it comes to MP, wtf, those were the days, a crystal. Thanks.

in reply to: Short interview with Bent for laut.de #38319
                                Bartok
                                Participant

@suntripper Please, leave it. This is not the right forum. Thanks.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 126 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994